• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@kymation @@wHiTeHaT

The large part of html_output is template dependent and we should put into message boxes functions.

v2.4 concept is not based on that way where templated files are totaly separeted from the core. We could use there templated php function libraries on another sort of includes from aplication_top.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

2 way fixes when return link would not be http://myshop.com/index.php?products_id=3

Firtst fix for continue shopping button in shopping cart

$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
    if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
      $mainpage = false;
      if ($navigation->path[$back]['page'] == 'index.php') {
        foreach ($navigation->path[$back]['get'] as $key => $value) {
          if ($key == 'products_id') {
            $mainpage = true;
          }
        }
      }
      echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING, 'glyphicon-chevron-left', tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], ($mainpage ? array('action', 'products_id') : array('action'))), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']));
    }

this fix drops products_id. Customers can buy product from new products main page module.

Second alternative when use more safety post formula for button_buy_now on main page

new_products.php

change:

$new_prods_content .= '        <div class="btn-group">';
      $new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
      $new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-success" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY . '</a>';
      $new_prods_content .= '        </div>';

to:

$new_prods_content .= tep_draw_form('new_products' . $new_products['products_id'], tep_href_link((DISPLAY_CART == 'true' ? FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART : $PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id'])) . '        <div class="btn-group">';
      $new_prods_content .= '          <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-default" role="button">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>';
      $new_prods_content .= '<button class="btn btn btn-success"  role="button" type="submit"><span class="glyphicon cart"></span>' . IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW . '</button>';
      $new_prods_content .= '        </div><!--btn-wrap//--></form>';

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

On this morning after 3 month preparation and one month update work on my producing v2.3.3 site I am arrived on bootstrap frontend and start to collect the experiencies. Now the URL redirection module is on the top! :sweating:

Thanks to everyone who worked on!

First of all I had to make a lot of compromise due to phone template.

- reorganise master product and change to descripton categories and product size based set of groups so the variants magic could be much closer to customers

- information manager articles put the right way under product info tabs

- navigation class used on all linked page

- extra fields got a php class and a html output (display) function library

- Matc confirmation modules could be more easy

- discovering the new address creation issue

- implemented kiss image thumbs

- add ajax autocomplete/typeahead search help

- figured out address card select in address book

- adapted store mode

- used datatable html code change in descriptions (validation and html class change and make responsive image)

- etc..

So I dont suggest without any direction way to upgrade a well moded store to bootsrap. :wacko:

Lets start to work on v2.4!

....Lets start to work on v2.4!

I'm willing to help with this. In fact I've already started. So who's going to start the development thread, and where's the roadmap?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

As of right now, I am formulating the way forward and this will be announced in due course.

In the meantime, for those who didn't help in the community build; take the time to get up to speed with how the community build panned out, and take the time to get up to speed with Bootstrap.

Great, so get to work on the community build to;

1.  update to 234

2.  update bootstrap to 3.2

3.  fix (some of or all of) the idiosyncracies that crept in during the build

4.  update the admin side to bootstrap

5.  update the installer to bootstrap

All of this would make excellent pointers for the way forward.  I'd be particularly keen for you to do #5.

Thanks

I thought we were going to abandon the community build and start over with 2.3.4 as a base? In any case, #5 sounds like fun. I'll start on that.

Regards

Jim

The build is not going to be abandoned.  Many lessons were learned during the code phase of the BS build ... so it is very useful guideline.

Bootstrapping the installer will allow you to show your prowess at BS ;)

You'd be surprised at how difficult it can be, as every code change must be accompanied by checking in a range of browsers and devices...

And it will allow me to knock 1 item off the to-do list.

I'm really good at BS. Bootstrap, not so much.... :)

I'll check in every browser I can. I don't have access to the newer Microsoft browsers or anything on Apple products, so I'll need some help with those.

Regards

Jim

@@burt  The Bootstrap Buttons and Messages (messageStack) code is done, so you can check those off your list. Subject to the above restrictions on the browsers I can check with, of course.

Should we move the discussions on 2.4 (Bootstrap) to a new thread, to keep from confusing the 2.3.3.4BS folks?

Regards

Jim

@@burt

@@burt

I updated the BS to version 3.2.0 and looked at the shop page by page and the only thing that looks not same anymore are the things i already told you.

The search input field and the asterik in the create account page.

I did some changes and I hope you find the time to confirm them that this is a way to do it or not.

It is a way, but is not the way.

So, will you show us *the* way ?

Malcolm

Hi all,

can somebody explain categories sort order? What happening in a multi language shop? The sort order is a litle bit confused.

Well I should take a question by another way.

How do you use the sort_order value in categories listing?

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, c.parent_id, 
c.categories_image, cd.categories_name from " 
. TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd 
where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id 
and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id. "' 
and c.categories_status 
order by c.parent_id, 
c.sort_order, 
cd.categories_name");
focused on

order by c.parent_id, 
c.sort_order, 
cd.categories_name
is categories_name the last?

What is the reason to use sort_order in categories listing?

I use sort_order to force a kind of natural order.

We are a cooking shop, I want to show cooking gear first, and appliances last as that is not the category that makes our shop stand out.

Similarly, I show cooking sets first, as that is what people typically buy first, and individual pots further down the list, and that is later in their buying process

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Thank you @@wHiTeHaT and all

@

St. Arnold Elissa / Live Oak Pilz / Real Ale Full Moon Pale Rye Ale / Rochefort Trappistes 10 / Ziegenbock :beer: ??

Well got to be something ! important;

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived