• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

just installed osCBS and added the latest SEO Header Tags Reloaded.

Absolut fantastic! I really enjoy setting up all the modules and boxes. I like the setup that allows you to choose if you want to have the boxes left, right or in the footer.

So far i can't see anything wrong or at least nothing that i couldn't adjust myself. I need to see how things develop when installing more complex add-ons like master products, x-sell and so on....

i also need to work my self into this BS stuff. i don't know if it is possible but i would like to have the new products for *month* under the categories box when the screen size changes to middle size or XS size.

burt, fantastic work! in fact like it so much that i probably buy you a "couple" of beers later. ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just installed osCBS and added the latest SEO Header Tags Reloaded.

Absolut fantastic! I really enjoy setting up all the modules and boxes. I like the setup that allows you to choose if you want to have the boxes left, right or in the footer.

So far i can't see anything wrong or at least nothing that i couldn't adjust myself. I need to see how things develop when installing more complex add-ons like master products, x-sell and so on....

i also need to work my self into this BS stuff. i don't know if it is possible but i would like to have the new products for *month* under the categories box when the screen size changes to middle size or XS size.

burt, fantastic work! in fact like it so much that i probably buy you a "couple" of beers later. ;)

"Buy Gary A Beer? in his words hahah

Buying me a "beer" helps me to keep my contributions updated" :beer: :beer:

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I can't recreate the problem. You'll need to show a URL or at the very least a screenshot of the site.

http://www.shelbowhispertips.com/

The line "Manufactured and Distributed by" and the email link, both in the 'Contact Us' box in the footer.

The wrap shows in both IE 8 and Firefox 28, maximized at both 800x600 and 1024x768.

(also recreatable in the Firefox <Shift><Ctrl><M> feature at 800x1280 and 980x1280)

Malcolm

I can also recreate it by taking the browser out of full-screen mode, and expanding and contracting the browser size, and watching the box.

@@wHiTeHaT

-Now looks&works awsome

It does look awesome in XS mode but I'm not a fan of it spanning the entire width of the site in XL modes. Can it go in a column as the first item? If I remember correctly, if you do that it should still show up in XS mode properly? Yes/No?

-Now looks&works awsome .... (i wonder who go spot the tiny issue)

Top Level Cat "Gadgets", should be blue, to maintain a good look. This is a small inconsistency, unimportant.

Sub level Cats should remain closed until they are opened, they default open when the parent cat is open. That's a problem.

That shows the problem I perceive.

If I click software, action is now pink and the arrow is down. Action should be blue and >

If I now click action, testcat is pink and arrow = down. Testcat should be blue and >

If I now click testcat, I get testcat2.

If I now click testcat again, testcat closes (good!), action closes (bad), software closes (bad).

Same for you @@burt : http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/index.php?cPath=1_17 , this is default behavior.

The problems here are of your making, they do not exist in the default set-up.

@@ArtcoInc - you don't have enough empty room, so the lines of text are wrapping. This is expected and desired behaviour.

Play with the col setting in the individual box files ... col-sm-3

Thank you. I think I was able to resolve this.

I do have another issue ... (maybe of my own doing ... not sure) ...

When I am displaying a product, as I make the browser window smaller from full screen, just as the left column (with my Categories box) drops down below the product listing, the part name/title jumps up to the right of the logo, just below the search bar. As I continue to make the browser window smaller, it stays there until the search bar drops below the logo. At this point, the part name/title drops back down below the breadcrumbs (where it belongs).

I am running osC-Bs with the SEO Header Tags and the Better Checkout ad-ons.

Malcolm

FWIW, I don't remember it doing this when I was using a version of osC-BS from about a week or so ago, when I had manually added in the SEO Header Tags ad-on, and before I loaded in the Better Checkout ad-on.

Yes, you've done something, so trackback through your changes.

I don't want to turn this thread into a "how do I do this" type of thread. Early adopters need to know that they are on their own with design aspects unless it is a problem with the core code, as at this point 100% effort has to go into ensuring the core is correct, not that individual shops changes are correct. Thanks.

Yes, you've done something, so trackback through your changes.

I don't want to turn this thread into a "how do I do this" type of thread. Early adopters need to know that they are on their own with design aspects unless it is a problem with the core code, as at this point 100% effort has to go into ensuring the core is correct, not that individual shops changes are correct. Thanks.

Suggestion: if you run into a 2334BS issue in your own implementation, start a new topic starting with 2334BS, it will be easy to be seen by others and won't turn this tread into a general support thread

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I agree with the last couple of comments.

If you want to talk about navigation for this, start a new thread for that. If you want to discuss addons that work or don't work, start a new thread for that.

So it actually;

doesn't look awesome

doesn't work awesome

;)

I agree. Nothing like this will make it into the core. It will end up being shop owners who add in more complex menu solutions as they see fit.

Matt

Hi

Dont know whethter this is worthy of reporting, or whether in fact is how it should be.

But to me the tick box should possible line up in the "include subcatagorys"post-276414-0-03261300-1397422803_thumb.jpg

See screenshot.

Cheers

Grandpas

@@wHiTeHaT

The header navigation that I built still uses the default boostrap 3 nav bar. It works well on mobile devices even with deeper nested categories and allows the parent category to be a link as well.

The problem is that it still would only work on a narrow range of shops that had a small enough amount of parent categories that would fit in a horizontal navbar.

There are other solutions that I have explored that also work well. One of those being slicknav which is a jquery plugin.

I admire what you are doing and the time involved but I really think it will come down to what a shopowner decides they need / want. What you are doing could end up being a great addon once it is completed and the final decisions for it being in the core code do not lie in my hands.

Matt

Hi

Dont know whethter this is worthy of reporting, or whether in fact is how it should be.

But to me the tick box should possible line up in the "include subcatagorys"post-276414-0-03261300-1397422803_thumb.jpg

See screenshot.

Cheers

Grandpas

http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/advanced_search.php

Lines up for me.

http://jumppearl.com/oscbs3/advanced_search.php

Ditto.

There seems to be some sort of misconception that I will clear up in the roadmap post coming this week, but in general;

- where we're at now is a good place.

- not much else will be "core", only tweaks (eg, better code to do the same thing, eg bugfixes, eg class extensions) to what already exists.

If anyone makes an addon, it needs to be vetted (for good and clean code, and for usefulness) prior to uploading - this is to keep the addons for this version "sane" unlike the addons that are being uploaded on a daily basis to the addons section by well meaning but misguided shopowners, which has done nothing more than to confuse the average shopowner. If the addon is acceptable, great. If not, recode it (or not). Either way, I especially don't want people to cry about this and that and how it should be core and blah blah blah.

If anyone makes an addon, it needs to be vetted (for good and clean code, and for usefulness) prior to uploading - this is to keep the addons for this version "sane" unlike the addons that are being uploaded on a daily basis to the addons section by well meaning but misguided shopowners, which has done nothing more than to confuse the average shopowner. If the addon is acceptable, great. If not, recode it (or not).

Good move. :thumbsup:

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi,

can someone please explain the (design(?)) decision to remove the "Products Ordered"-box from the "Payment Information" page?

Was this intended, a mistake or am I using the wrong version?

Personally, I would keep "Products Ordered"-box in all checkout pages.

Other than that, wonderful work. Thank you.

AD

@@burt

Would it be possible to create/open a new "Forum Section" for osC 2.3.3.4BS?

There is one for "osCommerce Online Merchant v.2.x" and one for "osCommerce Online Merchant v.3.x"

why not one for "osCommerce Online Merchant v.2.3.x BS" with all the Sub-Topics like "General Add-ons", "Installation and Configuration" and so on...?

It would be too bad if all the questions regarding osC BS get spread around in various Sections of this Forum.

Hi, great work !!!

Does anybody got some experience to include EPF (Extra Product Field)?

I tried the hole evening and now i quit.

Thanks

ollie

Hi !

I put the FAQDesk v 2.3.1 in this bootstrap-version and everything work fine but the faq.php needs a lot more space than e.g. the shipping.php.

My faq.php looks like this:

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_FAQ);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

?>

<script language="Javascript">

function showItem(id){

var item = document.getElementById(id);

if (item){

if (!item.style.display || item.style.display == '' )

item.style.display = 'none';

else

item.style.display = '';

}

}

</script>

<div class="page-header">

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

</div>

<p><?php echo TEXT_CLICK_REVEAL; ?></p>

<div class="contentContainer">

<div class="contentText">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

$faq_query = tep_db_query('select f.faq_id, fd.faq_question, fd.faq_answer, f.last_modified, f.sort_order, f.faq_status from '.TABLE_FAQ.' f, '.TABLE_FAQ_DESCRIPTION.' fd where f.faq_id=fd.faq_id and f.faq_status and fd.language_id=' . (int)$languages_id . ' order by f.sort_order, fd.faq_question');

$count = 1;

while($faq = tep_db_fetch_array($faq_query)){

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b style="cursor:pointer;" onclick="showItem('faq_answer_<?php echo $faq['faq_id'];?>')"><?php echo $count . '. ' . $faq['faq_question'];?></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="padding-top:5px;display:none;" id="faq_answer_<?php echo $faq['faq_id'];?>">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $faq['faq_answer'];?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_LAST_UPDATED . $faq['last_modified'];?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10')?></td>

</tr>

<?php

$count++;

}

?>

</table>

</div>

<div class="buttonSet">

<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'glyphicon-chevron-right', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT)); ?></span>

</div>

</div>

In the shipping.php i found:

<div class="page-header">

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

</div>

<div class="contentContainer">

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?>

</div>

I changed the class=main to class=contentText in the faq.php with no effect.

I can´t find the mistake.

Thanks a lot.

ollie

@@chilinotes http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/page__st__720#entry1696034

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived