• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

It is because you have the configure file set up as www.site.com but you are visiting site.com

There is a potential fix further back in the thread, search for it, try it, and let me know if it cures it.

Was able to fix this in .htaccess

RewriteEngine on

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^shelbowhispertips\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.shelbowhispertips.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.shelbowhispertips\.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ /catalog/index.php [L]

Thanks!

Malcolm

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not a fix, you've only hidden the problem. I take it you did not find the potential fix further back in the thread.

@@burt , the same issue is also present on your template test site

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

That is not a fix, you've only hidden the problem. I take it you did not find the potential fix further back in the thread.

Do you mean this?

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/page__st__400#entry1694888

Malcolm

@@burt

A question - Ive seen lots of commits on Harald's 2.3.4 branch - are these getting rolled into this release as well?

The commits in there are for the next release of "normal" osc. I do intend to mirror them.

Ok. I still needed to redirect from the root to /catalog, so I tried this:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

RedirectMatch ^/$ /catalog/

(using WinXP)

It seems to work in Firefox 27 (actually, I think Firefox is adding the www. I've cleared the cache both in the browser and DNS, and it still seems to add the www)

but in IE 8 ...

If I enter www.shelbowhispertips.com, it seems to work fine

If I enter shelbowhispertips.com, there is nothing in the top balck menu bar (except the 3-line button for the drop-down menu), and the site is all stacked vertically (as if displayed in a narrower viewport)

Can anyone else try accessing the site and report back, please?

Malcolm

<added>

Is there supposed to be a file mod_headers.c somewhere?

Ok. I still needed to redirect from the root to /catalog, so I tried this:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

RedirectMatch ^/$ /catalog/

(using WinXP)

It seems to work in Firefox 27 (actually, I think Firefox is adding the www. I've cleared the cache both in the browser and DNS, and it still seems to add the www)

but in IE 8 ...

If I enter www.shelbowhispertips.com, it seems to work fine

If I enter shelbowhispertips.com, there is nothing in the top balck menu bar (except the 3-line button for the drop-down menu), and the site is all stacked vertically (as if displayed in a narrower viewport)

Can anyone else try accessing the site and report back, please?

Malcolm

<added>

Is there supposed to be a file mod_headers.c somewhere?

yes see as well this was talked about earlier in the thread you would need to read back a bit not sure if there was a fix

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

And to give an idea of what can be achieved, this took me very little time to implement;

"Penny" Bootstrapped (LARGE view).

"Penny" Bootstrapped (SMALL view).

And to give an idea of what can be achieved, this took me very little time to implement;

"Penny" Bootstrapped.

Hope for us all then :thumbsup:

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi

Just a small point maybe me.

When the column sizes in osc-template to 6 3 the page then "screws" a little as per screenshot2post-276414-0-24840300-1396654466_thumb.png if I leave as 8,2 the page is OK

Any thoughts, what have I done wrong,

Cheers

Grandpa

In the top nav bar if more than 9 items are ready for checkout, the nav bar seems to go as per screenshot. This was done on

http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/index.php

I've seen the same when the top navigation is just a little bit too wide, I guess as it stands, I would always have this in dutch as the translations for the menu are just a little bit wider

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@grandpaj - these things won't happen in real life, as people don't browse by manipulating their window to different sizes.

And if it does happen at a particular resolution, you (as @@bruyndoncx points out) change the text of the buttons, or remove buttons, or whatever suits your design.

I sincerely hope that no-one is going to stick with the default design!?!

i have nothing constructive to add anymore. i just wanted to say AWESOME work guys/girls!

every single person in this topic did an outstanding job! burt had probably the hardest part, though. keeping an overview of all the testers/coders comments/recommendations and at the same time releasing a new template, writting newsletters, helping people and having a private life. that is what i call multitasking.

there is maybe one last wish that i have......it would be great to have "SEO Header Tags - Reloaded" already pre-installed.

(or maybe a version with and a version without it. just in case someone wishes to install any other SEO Add-on.)

so i guess this BS version is ready for release then.....? where will it be available for download? official osC site? or only github?

again, great job guys/girls. this is a very nice achievement!

there is maybe one last wish that i have......it would be great to have "SEO Header Tags - Reloaded" already pre-installed.

(or maybe a version with and a version without it. just in case someone wishes to install any other SEO Add-on.)

+1

Malcolm

although SEO header tags is a very usefull contribution, I don't think it should be slipped into a bootstrap version, unless it is something that will be part of a future oscommerce official release

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Download Link:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

Install:

As you would any osCommerce shop, then go into admin and turn on the modular header/footer/boxes;

admin > modules > boxes

and

admin > modules > header_tags

Page Speed:

Questions and Answers:

1. Can I use this now. YES

2. Can I update my existing site to Bootstrap. YES, with a lot of hard work.

3. Can I still use addons in the BS version. YES

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived