• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@Dan Cole

Sometimes what works, is not ideal. And if the code is not ideal, it will not get rolled into the core.

Of course there is nothing to stop a shopowner can choose himself to download core, install, and then grab the code that's not core and just replace core code with other code. But, that shopowner would be extremely misguided to do so.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder for any developers or anyone who feels they can do it;

a. Clean up of any tables in the shop side (there are 3 or 4 tables left)

b. Make the two external files change to being called internally + source the files (Thanks @@mattjt83)

c. Update other infoBoxes to be able to be called in:

footer

best sellers, order history, whats new.

specials is done already and the code in that can be converted for the others

products

manufacturer info, notifications, bookmarks completed by burt

d. social icons (made by someone here, or available for use MIT or GPL) found by @@toyicebear

Sometimes what works, is not ideal. And if the code is not ideal, it will not get rolled into the core.

I get and understand that @@burt. I didn't see any replies or comments on Matt's post and thought it might have been a reasonable solution that got overlooked. I guess not.

social icons - the

Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

About

RRSSB is a KNI Labs freebie crafted by @dbox and @seagoat.

This content is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

is this license ok or not to use in osC ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

The categories class file needs to be extended to allow for a horiz menu, I will not go backwards in code (eg, the code provided by whitehat) just to get a horizontal menu sooner rather than later. So, if someone can do that in time for release and they want to put it in the core, great.

But I fear that a horiz menu might will have to be an addon released by someone after core release - and that addon could be free or could be paid for, up to the developer who makes it.

So it should be a copy or clone of tomatocart then - in essence a clone of osC tree class ?

http://code.google.com/p/tomatocart-shoppingcart/source/browse/branches/1.1.9/includes/classes/category_tree.php

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

<?php echo $confirmation['title']; ?>

Where does that come from ? In the standard osc tables layout, that consists of nothing so the td is "collapsed"...

I can't recall where that is set in osc

That goes back about 7 years ago when the cc info would be entered on the checkout_payment page and carried over to checkout_confirmation. If you look at a really old authorize.net module you'll se the the title was in the array. I think you can completely remove it but using tep_not_null does cause an E_NOTICE error, however, using isset does not.

The confirmation page is a little funky when using a cc module like authorize.net and I think there may be a better way so I'll work on an alternative and see what you think.

I'm not really a dog.

New Social Icon Set, courtesy of: http://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/beautiful-free-social-media-icons

License:

Copyright Elegant Themes, Inc. 2012

Dual licensed under MIT and GPL 2.0:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.html

Preamble:

I had some free time yesterday, so I decided to make some fresh new icons! Throughout my years as a web designer, I have always had trouble finding beautiful icons with no licensing restrictions to use in my templates. It’s especially difficult to find GPL-licensed (open source) graphics that can be used in WordPress Themes. Today I am pleased to release our second open-source social media icon set, for free! This set includes thirty-five 32×32 icons in PNG and PSD format. You can use these icons however you like. There are absolutely no restrictions. I hope that you resell and redistribute them in your themes and plugins. If you post these icons for free on your site, it would be great if you could link back to this post!

Thanks for the find @@toyicebear :thumbsup:

So it should be a copy or clone of tomatocart then - in essence a clone of osC tree class ?

http://code.google.com/p/tomatocart-shoppingcart/source/browse/branches/1.1.9/includes/classes/category_tree.php

Why you don't use 2.4 for that ?

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Why you don't use 2.4 for that ?

I think I agree, I don't know the details but from the discussions above I understood the 2.4 tree class wouldn't work unless it is extended like is done in the tomato code

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

#4 looks like a winner...

Sorry, 4 looks a bit old to me with the gradient, isn't a flat design like 1 or 2 more contemporary ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

@@bruyndoncx - nothing to stop people finding or making their own.

ofcourse, only time (and skills) and/or money required ...

just chiming in to keep the thread on top of the page :D

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

OK, I have reworked the horizontal header menu by extending the category tree class, which is much cleaner than the previous solution I had used. There is also an option to include the manufacturers. You can see multiple sublevel categories on the "Test" category:

http://bettercheckout.com/demo/2334_BS3/

Matt

I note that your top bar has a changed sequence: it makes no sense to leave the Cart there and not alongside "My Account". I realise that you might just be experimenting. ;-)

At 800x600 and 768x1024 resolutions (Firefox responsive view), Test sub 3 vanishes off the edge.

@@ejsolutions

The top bar is just what I had done as an alternative to what @@burt had done. He has taken bits and pieces and made his adjustments but I never changed mine to match :)

I see what you mean on test sub 3. We could add a media query to make adjustments for smaller screens but I don't want to do too much with it until more people give input as it may end up getting thrown out anyway.

Matt

Hi all!

Read this thread in full and all your work is great!

Since Burt asks for feedback... On iPad the dropdowns of the nav menu are showing behind the breadcrumb box. Probably needs a change in z-index.

Regards!

just wondering, in BS, is the top level category never clickable when you have subs ?

eg you can call up the gadgets page, but not the hardware category page ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hi all!

Read this thread in full and all your work is great!

Since Burt asks for feedback... On iPad the dropdowns of the nav menu are showing behind the breadcrumb box. Probably needs a change in z-index.

Regards!

Screenshot would be great help please. Thanks!

Hi

There is an extra <p> in includes\languages\english\modules\boxes\bm_text.php

….took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.</p><p>');

Regards

Ken

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived