• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inside the checkout, the person has already made that buying decision...

Yes, no seller wants to distract a (potential) customer from the required/desired end result and at least the relevant info is close by, should they suddenly get 'cold feet' and want more info. The main reason for them shopping further might be to take potential advantage in keeping within a postage price, though that is probably rare and the forementioned entry points doesn't prevent them from looking further.

(Sorry, a bit cumbersome but hopefully you get my drift.)

Ok, I guess that's something that is up to the shopowner...here's the two shipping choices display'

Original, as is coded right now in Master;

Garys redesign;

Preference?

How about using listview/listgroup, http://getbootstrap.com/components/#list-group , and placing the radio before the text instead of after.

Ok, I guess that's something that is up to the shopowner...here's the two shipping choices display'

Preference?

I prefer the Master version, with its' inline options - less "real estate" and better clarity, IMO. Though I do see the benefit of the alternative for smaller screens.

I don't like to re-introduce tables into the checkout, it's not tabular data (well I suppose it is in a way, but...blah blah).

Oh no, you didn't just go there did you? The age old debate continues --

How about using listview/listgroup, http://getbootstrap.com/components/#list-group , and placing the radio before the text instead of after.

I think that the list groups would actually work out very well. Its not that much to change a table to an unordered list.

I will convert over what I have redone and posy again.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi

Don't know whether Im out of line here or not, maybe Ive jumped the gun

I have just downloaded the latest Bootstrap from github and just playing around with it. For the life of me I can't find where you change widths (push pull etc) I was wanting to change the width of the columns and the width of the content, making the total content plus column/s just a little narrower than the header. Have looked in the index.php.

I must be blind as its probably quite obvious where all this is , can someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Manufacturer Info, Social Bookmarks and Notifications Infoboxes can now be shown direct in the product page (like how the reviews infobox works). See example at http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/product_info.php?products_id=1

Very nice! I like it.

On another note would it be possible to give the customer an option to change how my products are dispayed on say 'manufacuturer pages' . from 12/18/24 or even have a 'view all' button?

I know this can be done in the back end by shop owner but better to give the customers that option so they dont have to go through loads of pages to view your products.

Or something like this site would be awsome. More products load as you scroll down http://purpletag.ie/collections/boys . looks really nice on xs view ports

... or even have a 'view all' button?

This has to be optional, as stores with a large range of products get hammered by search bots, that 'helpfully' continue to choose this option - Google, in particular, is bad at asking for all products in the Search infoBox, for example.

Hi Gary

The boxes on the product page are looking great.

Clicking Notifications takes me to the Login page, but once I have logged in I am then taken to the Index page. - That's not very intuitive!

Once I navigate back to the product I can finally click 'Notify me of Updates' but then nothing happens, something to tell me that I had successfully achieved it would be nice.

All I see is the text replaced with 'Do not Notify ...'

I don't have my phone handy at the moment to test but using Opera and Firefox the Manufacturers box disappears in phone view. Was this intentional?

Also

Why do the changes made to the install/oscommerce.sql never show at Github?

Regards

Ken

Clicking Notifications takes me to the Login page, but once I have logged in I am then taken to the Index page. - That's not very intuitive!

I'll look into that.

All I see is the text replaced with 'Do not Notify ...'

That's standard osCommerce...but it would be nice to have a message to reinforce what the person just did.

I don't have my phone handy at the moment to test but using Opera and Firefox the Manufacturers box disappears in phone view. Was this intentional?

Yep.

Why do the changes made to the install/oscommerce.sql never show at Github?

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/commits/master/install/oscommerce.sql

Shows the history of changes to the SQL file...

On another note would it be possible to give the customer an option to change how my products are dispayed on say 'manufacuturer pages' . from 12/18/24 or even have a 'view all' button?

I know this can be done in the back end by shop owner but better to give the customers that option so they dont have to go through loads of pages to view your products.

Or something like this site would be awsome. More products load as you scroll down http://purpletag.ie/collections/boys . looks really nice on xs view ports

POssibly these things can be done as add-on's, why not ?

I can't recreate it. If I am not logged in and press "notify me", I am taken to the login page. I then insert my email and password as usual, and press login. I am now back at the product page and the "notify" box has changed to "do not notify me".

Can someone else please test this, thanks.

I can't recreate it. If I am not logged in and press "notify me", I am taken to the login page. I then insert my email and password as usual, and press login. I am now back at the product page and the "notify" box has changed to "do not notify me".

For me it works as it should

just came across these

Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

http://kurtnoble.com/labs/rrssb/

Perhaps not as nice, but damn functional I think

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

where do we stand on categories in the navigation bar - is yamm3! an option to consider ?

http://geedmo.github.io/yamm3/#

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

where do we stand on categories in the navigation bar - is yamm3! an option to consider ?

http://geedmo.github.io/yamm3/#

The categories class file needs to be extended to allow for a horiz menu, I will not go backwards in code (eg, the code provided by whitehat) just to get a horizontal menu sooner rather than later. So, if someone can do that in time for release and they want to put it in the core, great.

But I fear that a horiz menu might will have to be an addon released by someone after core release - and that addon could be free or could be paid for, up to the developer who makes it.

@@burt

I'm no coder but I thought Matt provided a horizontal menu that worked...see post 404. It seemed to work but maybe I didn't look at it closely enough...

Hi

I was at work on a Win XP machine using an older version of Opera.

Back at home with a Win7 machine it is now working correctly (even with the same version of Opera). So I cannot recreate the issue.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived