• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Changes made in the shopping_Cart page

looks ok, now maybe reduce the width of the qty field so the refresh and remove icons are next to each other.

Although it does look ok when I do ctrl-shift-m on the lappy but overflows on the S3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just a wee personal like.

Is it possible to get the three checkout pages (checkout_shipping, checkout payment and confirmation ) to have transition like the Grid/List switching, the way it just slides.

Just a wee thought.

Grandpa

I suppose this should be changed to grab the files locally than externally.

Hi

html5shiv.js

respond.min.js

Are these going to be changed to local files?

Regards

Ken

Hi

Will it be possible to show an image on the checkout_payment page like thumbnail 1

Currently thumbnail 2 shows what I have at the moment.

Don't know whether this is the type of feedback that you need at the moment.

Cheers

Grandpapost-276414-0-71830100-1395697396_thumb.jpgpost-276414-0-96954600-1395697481_thumb.jpg

Hi I am new to the site here. I code in php for the most part. I have started an online store and have deployed your code, I love it. I have been playing around to get the feel. The site is: www.OFAH.com I have noticed an issue with the images of products, they do not seem to expand instead you get I think the name of the image. Example: http://ofah.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

I hope this is the right spot to post this? I would like to add something to your project one day...

Kevin

New ‘New Products’ page looks great and new ‘Search’ in Header. That’s two more boxes that can go. :)

TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS and TABLE_HEADING_PRICE seem to have gone awol at the testsite.

Regards

Ken

@@Ken44 I don't think there's any need to change them to local files, as they are coming from a CDN (hence they load quicker from there).

recently some CDNs (and DNS servers) have been under DOS attack. So my site did not load properly because of the CDN dependency. I had to search quite some time to find a copy locally hosted somewhere to fix my site.

Lesson learnt: yes CDNs is faster, but make sure to have a local backup copy just in case.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@bruyndoncx good point. I'm waiting on developers other than the other Gary (who has put in loads of effort for the community, thanks Gary) to pitch in, fork on github, make the code changes so that I can cherry-pick..the more that do that, the more likely it is that full release will occur in March.

Do what you like, whatever you think can be made better or is missing. I can then cherry-pick and commit to master.

I would particularly like to see;

1. horizontal / drop down menu, based on existing menu class file.

2. full addon for information pages, coded well, not the awful thing in the addons area.

3. Guest checkout, non invasive to the existing core code

4. Login with Facebook / Paypal

5. Get SEO built in

6. Update Banners Manager to allow addition of carousel style images in front page

7. Addition of "js turned off" module [ https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/commit/2c99f35e759d960f7d2cf2460384fdd82afbccbc ]

8. Addition of "back to top" module

9. Start of a plan for a template system

Also, these need doing ASAP;

a. Clean up of any tables in the shop side (there are 3 or 4 tables left)

b. Make the two external files change to being called internally + source the files Thanks @@mattjt83

c. Update other infoBoxes to be able to be called in footer / product page

d. social icons (made by someone here, or available for use MIT or GPL)

So, which developers are volunteering to do what ? Quote this post, with the bit you want to take on...

just saw the header navi bar. looks awesome! :thumbsup:

love the fire icon next to the "special offers" and the menu button? when you go into XS view.

all in all it looks really, really nice. header area, footer area = KILLER! that is how it should look.

run the store through gtmetrix; page speed: 94% A and y-slow: 90% A !! (w00t) i don't know how much value this gtmetrix data has......but it makes you feel good to see such numbers right? :shifty:

i really enjoy to browse through this BS store, there is nothing that makes me feel uncomfortable or stressed.

BRAVO! @@burt

Thanks @@Tsimi

Should now be a nanosecond faster as I removed all the un-needed boxes (those which now exist as links in the header area for example). Only boxes left are categories and manufacturers.

@@burt

awesome, left column and main only. that increased the speed a little bit. you know i like that layout. ;)

please don't make such changes if i see this i loose my will and motivation to continue working on my current store. :P

One small point. On wider resolutions, when the footer spreads itself out, the Mastercard and part of the Paypal icons are hidden by the floating return to top device

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived