• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Hi

Will the likes of Nivo slider, superfish menu and such still be able to be used with this responsive design.

Cheers

John

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt: Templating

Switching can/is used for seasonal changes (eg. Xmas), to promote particular product ranges, and/or Sales drives. I can think of a number of large sites that use these techniques. [Think: Easter eggs/Snowflakes/Pumpkins as backdrops, or perhaps even buttons.]

Having the ability to switch (temporarily) to a new template on a live site (without disrupting 'normal' visitors) greatly aids template development. Of course, similar operations can be performed on a test site but nothing beats seeing results on the actual live system, particularly to check performance etc.

Food for thought.

I have no words. Just a raised eyebrow and a shake of the head.

Will the likes of Nivo slider, superfish menu and such still be able to be used with this responsive design.

I see no reason why not. Personally I wouldn't want to pollute decent code with rubbish addons, but the shopowner makes his choice in that matter and rightly so.

I see no reason why not. Personally I wouldn't want to pollute decent code with rubbish addons, but the shopowner makes his choice in that matter and rightly so.

Hi Burt

Probably not a question for this forum. But what would you use.

Cheers

Grandpa

In terms of addons ? That would depend from shop to shop based on the shopowners needs...so it's hard to give an answer.

I can't actually remember the last time I used an addon from the addons section of the site (without recoding the majority, or taking the idea of the addon and recoding from scratch), that's how poor I consider most of those addons to be.

I have some ideas to keep addons for this BS version clean, 1 of which will be by inviting developers to be "certified" - this way the Joe Average ShopOwner will know what developers are OK and what developers to avoid.

Hi Burt

Many many thanks for your efforts and expertize in anchoring the putting together of a well coded responsive product, and the lengths you go to, to help others. AMAZING.

Again many thanks for all your efforts. Im sure the end reult will be well worth it, and give you a great sense of acheivement.

Also many thanks to others involved.

Kind regards

Grandpa

I just found this post and oscommerce and which i found the post before I tossed $40 on a theme that looks good but is not responsive.

I will play around with the test site to see any bugs. I am glad that you guys have taken on this project, I have actually wasted a lot of time trying to dig in the code to see how to get oscommerce to play nice with BS3. One of my projects needs oscommerce, but it is lacking what I am seeing BS offers my other projects.

Is the end of March still realistic?

Is the end of March still realistic?

Yes, IF I can get more traction.

I see many people visiting the shop, many people viewing this thread, and only a small handful (of great guys and girls) giving feedback/comments.

Hi

Probably a silly question, but will the left and right column widths be easily changed. If they are where would they be changed

Cheers

Grandpa

Probably a silly question, but will the left and right column widths be easily changed. If they are where would they be changed

Hi John

Bootstrap works in a similar way to the 960 grid in osC v2.3.3.4 and the column widths are still set in /includes/classes/osc_template.php.

Just bear in mind that BS container is only 12 grids wide – not 24 as in the 960 grid.

Changing the columns width may require more css changes to get the product boxes to align.

Hope this helps

Ken

@@burt

just a couple of minor layout issues on the product info page when viewing on my Galaxy S3 android phone.

1. The dropdown arrow looks a little off center on the the attributes and currency dropdowns.

2. The social icons in the 'Share Product' infobox are out of alignment and look a little odd.

Also just a thought, maybe it would be worth adding a background color to the footer so it does not just look like its been stuck on the end.

Mark

@@burt

sorry for my absence. got a visitor from overseas and there is unfortunately no time and space for osC right now. But from tomorrow on i should be more active and report back on regular basis.

Footer looking very good except the rounded corners at the bottom but that is all small css stuff that can be adjusted.

any luck with the header navi menu in XS view? (like youtube or facebook use)

any plans regarding the design? (colors for the boxes, background and so on....)

or are you going with the current design?

@@PupStar is it possible you cand take a screenshot?

1. The dropdown arrow looks a little off center on the the attributes and currency dropdowns.

See attached screenshot of what I see in a Galaxy.

2. The social icons in the 'Share Product' infobox are out of alignment and look a little odd.

In what way misaligned ? The same way as normal osCommerce I guess ? demo.oscommerce.com

Also just a thought, maybe it would be worth adding a background color to the footer so it does not just look like its been stuck on the end.

Already has a grey and black footer...refresh the .css a few times as you might be viewing a cached css.

@@burt

@@PupStar is it possible you cand take a screenshot?

See attached screenshot of what I see in a Galaxy.

In what way misaligned ? The same way as normal osCommerce I guess ? demo.oscommerce.com

I have attached a screenshot of what I see on my S3 using firefox

Already has a grey and black footer...refresh the .css a few times as you might be viewing a cached css.

yes the refresh sorted that out, thanks.

Mark

@@burt i have spent some time playing around the site on my phone, and it looks good. I guess I missed a lot of the earlier discussions.

One question is the code and css clean enough for people to customize unlike the present state of osc ?

Hi

I found a problem with the Grid Listing

In admin install the Grid List Javascript (jQuery)

Click edit and uncheck a page – Lets use products_new.php

Now back in the shop go to products_new.php

Notice that the Grid List Javascript is not loaded but the glyphicon-th-list and the glyphicon-th are still showing and clicking them takes you back to the index page.

These glyphicons should be hidden if the Grid List Javascript is not loaded.

Regards

Ken

One for you @

I'm not sure why a shopowner would want to remove a page from the grid/list functionality, but if they do, the default grid view also gets messed up.

I found a problem with the Grid Listing

Its this that is messing up the display

<?php if (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_GRID_LIST_VIEW_STATUS != 'True') { ?>
<script>
 $('#product-listing .inline-span').addClass('one-across fluid-one-across');
</script>
<?php  } ?>

I'm not sure why a shopowner would want to remove a page from the grid/list functionality, but if they do, the default grid view also gets messed up.

Neither can I - but it should be easy to put right.

Regards

Ken

@@burt After some thought, my previous post did not come out so well. What I was trying to say is that , I have not found a good amount of resources to start in a manner that is not break it - fix it. My comparisons would be learning the inner workings of Joomla, WP , and a couple of others.

With that said I was not trying to belittle anyone.

@

<div class="well well-sm">
   <?php
   $pages_array = array();

foreach (explode(';', MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_GRID_LIST_VIEW_PAGES) as $page) {
     $page = trim($page);

if (!empty($page)) {
       $pages_array[] = $page;
     }
   }

$show = 'False';
   if (in_array(basename($PHP_SELF), $pages_array)) $show = 'True';