• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt

At the bottom of the three pages in the checkout, you have a 1 -- 2 -- 3 stepwizard, I could make the text underneath these into links...

Thoughts anyone?

I would favour just using a back button like you used on the forgotten password page and perhaps other pages to keep the design elements consistent.

BTW, shouldn't we be nailing down the navigation stuff? I'm finding it difficult to look at the design in other views and offer comments with the navigation elements getting in the way. With that nailed down it would be so much easier to stay engaged, look at pages in all views and offer feedback. Your work looks awesome on a large screen but making comparisons to responsive views is getting difficult IMO.

There is no navigation stuff to change...

Categories box will be staying as a side column infobox until someone codes up something else (eg a good horizontal menu) and contributes it to the project...at the moment there is -no- code that is good enough to use anywhere in the addons area that would allow a decent horizontal menu.

Categories box will be staying as a side column infobox until someone codes up something else (eg a good horizontal menu)

If anyone has time to study over the new category_tree class - maybe they could find the key to making a horizontal menu - Ive tried various things, and been able to generate a full list of everything, which is what needs to happen. But the list is not nesting properly. It outputs as so:

<ul>
 <li>Category Name 0</li>
 <ul>
   <li>Category Child of 0</li>
 </ul>
</ul>

When it should be:

<ul>
 <li>Category Name 0
   <ul>
  <li>Category Child of 0</li>
   </ul>
 </li>
</ul>

I've tried doing this by using the existing functions, and even extending the category_tree, but I believe on of the protected functions is preventing me redoing the nesting. Anything but touching the actual class file :)

Unfortunately I have no code examples of what Ive done to post, as when things get so far, I like to just start over fresh. However Tomato Cart uses the same category tree, though it has been slightly modified, and they have also extended the class to get their horizontal menu working, it can be seen at their demo site here: http://demo.tomatocart.com/

Their class file can be seen here:

http://code.google.com/p/tomatocart-shoppingcart/source/browse/branches/1.1.9/includes/classes/category_tree.php

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

This is what I did to the existing category infoBox on my build to give it the styling it has. This is very close to what we need to obtain a horizontal menu, just have to make sure the whole damn tree is exploded on initial load.

$OSCOM_CategoryTree = new category_tree();

$OSCOM_CategoryTree->setCategoryPath($cPath, '<strong>', '</strong>');
  $OSCOM_CategoryTree->setSpacerString('  ', 1);

$OSCOM_CategoryTree->setParentGroupString('<li class="list-group-item nested"><ul class="list-group selected">', '</ul></li>', false);
  $OSCOM_CategoryTree->setChildString('<li class="list-group-item">','</li>');

$data = '<div id="bm-cat" class="panel panel-default">' .
		  '  <div class="panel-heading">' . MODULE_BOXES_CATEGORIES_BOX_TITLE .			  '    <button type="button" class="infoBox-toggle" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#bm-cat-body">' .
 '	  <span class="sr-only">Toggle Navigation</span>' .
 '	  <span class="caret"></span>' .
 '    </button>' .
 '  </div>' .
	   '  <div id="bm-cat-body" class="infoBox-collapse collapse">' .
		  '    <ul class="list-group">' . $OSCOM_CategoryTree->getTree() . '</ul>' .
 '  </div>' .
		  '</div>';

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Is the idea to have it like in tomatocart?

No, the general idea is just to get the class to output the full tree, and nest the list properly. Then it can be made to use just about any style available, from the bootstrap split buttons, to their nav-bars with dropdown menus. Could probably even create some pretty neat tabbed interfaces too.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

The general idea is to get first release out by the end of March, if that means some of the little things don't get solved straightaway, I'm not too bothered by that (eg the potential "problem" of non-english users being unable to find a small word in their language that means "edit") - that's not a major issue ;)

A horiz menu would be nice to have, but again, it's not a deal breaker. I would love for this package to be released and then see developers building widgets for it - which can be free or commercial - both of which will be welcomed in the exact same manner...

@@wHiTeHaT

Thats looks like it could be modified to work quite well and should not be too resource intensive.

I'm going to work with that and your previous post when I get a chance too. :beer:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi

Re post 284 and edit buttons not showing correctly.

just checked on another computer running Windows 8 and all looks good. My other computer where it showed "incorrectly" runs on OS WindowXp.

Dont know whether thats whats created the problem or not. But thought I would post

Cheers

Grandpa

Does anyone else see a similar problem to the screenshot that @@grandpaj provided above ?

FF28 on Linux Mint: it shows up OK.

[Though the ellipses around "Flat Rate ()" look strange ;-)]

Hi

Would it be possible to "beef up" the Contact Us page to have something like this down the left hand side

The Toy Shop

137 Jackson Street

West Hanover

Tel: (094) 123-4567

Shop Hours: Monday to Friday : 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday : 10:00am to 2:00pm

Please use the form on the right to contact us with any comments or concerns.

Please ensure that you have checked our FAQ section first, as you may find the answers to your queries there.

We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within one day.

With maybe a provision for a location map somewhere. Or is this getting a bit cute.

Cheers

Grandpa

New Products Listing and now in a fluid container :)

All appears to work great once the ht_grid_list_view has been reloaded.

Thanks Gary@ :thumbsup:

Also

Not sure if it helps but there is a contribution which creates a correctly formatted <UL> </UL> menu list here

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4201

Ken

@@Ken44

Thanks Ken

I still have to wrap the new products module itself in the same markup as the products_listing, then everything will blend and perform the same - ( but no list option on new products )

The existing addons are a bit too resource intensive. The new category_tree class cuts down on SQL queries and loads much faster than anything that has ever been part of the osC stock build. In building a menu I have to keep that in mind and make sure that it does not pull extra overhead that doesn't need to be there.

Henry's last code looks like its going to be the best to go with in that route, without having to make changes to the category_tree. I'll use it to make a horizontal menu and then let Gary decide if he wants to push it or not. If it makes it, great, if not it will be an addon - so its a win- win either way.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@@burt

Great work so far!

Perhaps a suggestion for the header: In my test shop I removed the buttons up there - I don't like them there - and moved the links into the breadcrumb - room enough now, up there to accommodate the language, currencies and / or searching.

J.J.

Hi Burt

You mentioned in a previous post "report any issues no matter how large or small."

The attached thumbnail shows how I see the index page on 2 computers running diff operating systems (XP & Win8)

John

Sorted, it seems need to have js enabled in the browser and it worked fine. Sorry I jumped the gun. Will take a look in Chrome, & IE

post-276414-0-95103700-1395437297_thumb.jpg

@@burt You know you've doing and excellent job when I have to get this picky but since you asked...

Please have a look and report any issues no matter how large or small.

How about scaling down the product description font a bit...when I can read it on a XS screen you know it must be a bit to large... (w00t)

@@Dan Cole ;) I need new glasses so it has to be big.

For sure we can make this stuff smaller - simple .css changes that can be done at the end of the core build.

Or of course by shopowners/developers to suit their site...

@@burt: Templating

Switching can/is used for seasonal changes (eg. Xmas), to promote particular product ranges, and/or Sales drives. I can think of a number of large sites that use these techniques. [Think: Easter eggs/Snowflakes/Pumpkins as backdrops, or perhaps even buttons.]

Having the ability to switch (temporarily) to a new template on a live site (without disrupting 'normal' visitors) greatly aids template development. Of course, similar operations can be performed on a test site but nothing beats seeing results on the actual live system, particularly to check performance etc.

Food for thought.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived