• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe that only 5 or 6 members of the forum have taken the time to look at the test sites and make comments (many thanks to this handful of great guys). To the rest; come on people, if you want a bootstrapped enabled oscommerce, then you need to help out.

My test site (kept up to date with the master github): http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/

Garys test site (scratchpad of ideas): http://wsfive.com/bs-master/

Please have a look and post your comments.

I find it hard to believe that only 5 or 6 members of the forum have taken the time...

I'm picking up on this thread but still playing catch up and some of the code is beyond me. If/when I get time to give it all a proper look, you can be sure that I'll chime in with some comments - hopefully constructive ones! ;-) It much depends on how many other projects that I get sidetracked by.

So far, it's looking promising. Go guys, go!

I find it hard to believe that only 5 or 6 members of the forum have taken the time to look at the test sites and make comments

Hi Burt

You're right, you could expect a little more resonance. As for me, since my actual "playing field" is the German osc forum and I'm only occasionally here in the forum, I found your project until a few days ago. I immediately downloaded and installed it, and am now going to explore and to understand the structure - I try to understand it :D .

As far as I've seen through it so far, I find your approach ingenious - and incidentally also the layout much easier and more elegant than the standard shop .

One question: Is it possible to widen the shop over the entire width of the screen - I find that empty space on the left and right edges simply ugly. I'm sure it's possible, but I have the right switch not found yet. :-

In the product boxes in module New Products the layout is messed up, if the product name requires more than one line. Perhaps you should give to the boxes a minimum height ?

The headings on the product_info are too big for my taste, especially when you look at the page on a mobile device.

Ok , that's the things that struck me until now. I'll test the thing on and play a little bit with it. If I notice anything else I give you gladly further feedback -as far as range my knowledges in English :wacko: .

Regards

J.J.

@@De Dokta JJ, your english is 100% better than my german - so I "danke" (that is the extent of my german >_<) for your comments.

Bootstrap (the actual bootstrap) has that gap as standard in all BS sites.

Here's some discussion more; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18449918/100-width-twitter-bootstrap-3-template

The new products module is something we are looking at to make it more like the product listing (grid) module which does not have the same problem. Watch this space.

The heading in the page can be over-ridden with .css and this is something to do at the end of the project when the basic "foundation" is in place. No problem. Quick example: add to user.css:: h1 { font-size: 15px; } - but we'll do something more special than that in the core code.

ps, if you have more members in the DE forums that don't visit this forum, make a thread over there and I will google translate and try to answer questions.

@@burt

re: for fonts sizes in a responsive design, I thought you should not use pixels but a relative size like ems .

Not sure if there is special considerations for retina displays, or touch devices to take into account (if button size is dependent on its label font size)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Yeah, I remember the discussion about it - still think that it's "pants" though and very poor syntatically!

(Reminds me of an open-ended Council contract, or something like that.) Gotta go with the flow, I guess. :(

Do you see the same problem at http://wsfive.com/bs-master/index.php?cPath=3_10 ?

Hi

At wsfive the arrow for the manufacturer dropdown get cut off in Opera 12 and is almost cut off in IE8.

In Firefox the word “show” falls onto another line.

this may be avoided if “show” is removed or moved into the manufacturer box. ie “show manufacturer”

Regards

Ken

http://wsfive.com/bs-master/index.php

so far, more in the works.

header search form, language dropdown, currency dropdown, and navbar greeting are all done using a function, just place a simple call in and show it.

Planning to do the same with the shopping cart.

By the time the header is filled up, there wont be many infoBoxes left to display!

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@ just FYI...I notice these blank areas showing up in the New Product Listing....I meant to mention it before but forgot....here is an image of what I'm referring to...

@ I found this bootstrap opencart demo that seems to do a decent job of handling the navigation and getting the boxes out of the way...might be worth looking at... :D

http://wrapbootstrap.com/preview/WB03KX429

By the time the header is filled up, there wont be many infoBoxes left to display!

Hopefully you intend this to be optional, as I'm sure many wouldn't like it. Not saying that I have any preference, just being Devil's advocate.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived