Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3.4 - Responsive from the Get Go

This is just an observation but I have noticed my sites slowing down at times and sitting with this notice at bottom of browser, it would appear they are having difficulty get on the fa server! Anyone else seeing this?

image.png.b78a6b818ece99d0250b6093050205c7.png

You can host it locally if you like; see https://fontawesome.com/get-started

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

@burt

I think that is what I'm gonna do too. Page load has slowed down a bit since the FA 5 upgrade.

The guys from FA mentioned something on their website about page load might get slower if you exceed certain amount of icons per page. I highly doubt that we reach that amount with osC though.

I'll try to set it up local once and see if that improves load times.

Edited by Tsimi

@burt

What about the reset around line 1361 inside phplot.php file, stay or remove?

//Set color of the error bars to be that of data if not already set. 
if (!$this->error_bar_color) { 
reset($which_data);
$this->SetErrorBarColors($which_data);
}

I think this one is OK left alone.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

On 2/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, Tsimi said:

@burt

I think that is what I'm gonna do too. Page load has slowed down a bit since the FA 5 upgrade.

The guys from FA mentioned something on their website about page load might get slower if you exceed certain amount of icons per page. I highly doubt that we reach that amount with osC though.

I'll try to set it up local once and see if that improves load times.

Please report back on your findings when on live server, as I am thinking we could potentially do something with a Hook...

Default Hook:
load the fa from the fa site

Non standard Hook (maybe an addon or such):
load the fa from your own server

Edited by burt

@burt

Will definitely do.
If everything goes as planned I should get a "real" server space somewhere during March, latest April.

Yesterday when I worked on the shop loading was normal and I didn't feel any slow downs, using the js script.

Edited by Tsimi

I am having a problem when “Force Cookie Use” is set to true, I set it to true so that the URLs would not have the long “osCsid=5c06d7bc7dc631eb69d799df138a52bb” attached to the urls.

However when “Force Cookie Use” is set to true customers can no longer buy from the store! All they get is a warning page saying please turn on your cookies!

I have checked my self and I have cookies enabled in my browser but it still only gives this warning page. Anyone else had this problem or is there a known solution that I have not found?

cookie.png

With the default settings (force cookies false) you'll get session ids on the first page display but after that they go away.

You want prevent spider sessions True and check you don't have them indexed in google.

Edited by BrockleyJohn

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Sorry too early to think! with set to false, I get the id on all page. It was set to True to make the URls short. However customers complaind they could not buy! They said cookies are on but still get error.

I too only get the error page with it set to true. Making it false goes back to long Urls,

Edited by justcatering

Ok got to bottom of this, my mistake Config file setup wrong! I had,

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.xxxxxx.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.xxxxx.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

changed to this and it works fine,

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.xxxxxx.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.xxxxx.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

On 2018/2/15 at 5:49 PM, burt said:

Default Hook:
load the fa from the fa site

Non standard Hook (maybe an addon or such):
load the fa from your own server

Would be nice so that the "Pro" version can be utilized easily as well.

EDITED

Problem is not showing in my stock Edge.

Edited by burt
3rd party support request removed. AGAIN.

When checking whos online in admin I am seeing guest logins with this " /cookie_usage.php " as the last page clicked URL! Its happening quite a few times, Should this be somthing a guest see as normal? I thought it was an error page!

It apperes to be mainly from .fr and .de IP addresses. Its been happening all morning. Why would they allways get /cookie.usage.php as last click?

28 minutes ago, justcatering said:

When checking whos online in admin I am seeing guest logins with this " /cookie_usage.php " as the last page clicked URL! Its happening quite a few times, Should this be somthing a guest see as normal? I thought it was an error page!

It apperes to be mainly from .fr and .de IP addresses. Its been happening all morning. Why would they allways get /cookie.usage.php as last click?

They had cookies blocked in their browser. It's that kind of error page! Maybe it's a spider.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Not sure to be honest John had cookie problem when I installed the URL addon and thought I had resolved it. Too many customers having this issue. I have disabled the Seo Urls 5 addon and problem appears to have gone! Also had number of customers on site almost double the moment I turned Seo Urls 5 URL addon off!

Only problem now is the Addon has left code in the store than needs to be manually removed and DB needs to be edited!

Anyone installing this need to be careful as uninstall in not simple!

1 hour ago, justcatering said:

Not sure to be honest John had cookie problem when I installed the URL addon and thought I had resolved it. Too many customers having this issue. I have disabled the Seo Urls 5 addon and problem appears to have gone! Also had number of customers on site almost double the moment I turned Seo Urls 5 URL addon off!

Only problem now is the Addon has left code in the store than needs to be manually removed and DB needs to be edited!

Anyone installing this need to be careful as uninstall in not simple!

I believe you have something else going on (maybe at your hosting) that is causing issues with pieces of code.
I say this reference this, also reference our email correspondence this morning.

Maybe check on a different host if you are able to?  
Or on localhost?

Edited by burt

Awesome woohoo i love it responsive oscommerce on my website.  Looks nice havent foun an issue yet that i see on the surface

In the last few weeks;

• index.php made more modular
  • login.php made more modular
  • checkout_success.php made more modular
  • product_info.php made more modular
    + product info not found module as well
  • product_schema module introduced
  • introduced "actions" in application_top.php
    + new admin page for these actions
  • category_tree class updated to pull more category data
    + most areas of code updated to use category_tree class
  • template files renamed to help solve uploading problems
  • hooks auto registered in each page

Thanks to everyone who pitched in with ideas :thumbsup: and code :thumbsup: 

TY @burt  :rolleyes:  for the cool Breadcrumb Schema 

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/634

To update your shop;

1. make changes to /includes/classes/breadcrumb.php  <--- very important to do this otherwise you end up with broken validation
  2. upload new HT module + its Language File
  3. login to admin and turn on

hey @burt... I am still trying to get my head around the whole github thing, but how do i find the edge project... I followed your tutorial on the read me file but I cant find the project you searched up, am i doing something wrong on has it changed?