Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3.4 - Responsive from the Get Go

When you get something "missing" like this...do a search;

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/search?utf8=✓&q=BUS_ENABLE_DELETE

You can see that it should not be there as it does not exist.

As is *is* in your version...it's a mistake on your side somewhere.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

The line that's now failing on BUS_ENABLE_DELETE must be add-on code. My guess is that the add-on needs an installation script running to add this constant and you've forgotten to do it on your current database.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE) here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

6 hours ago, justcatering said:

Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1

That is not Bootstrap (2.3.4BS). If that's what you're actually running, there's no point in asking questions about it in this thread. You may get lucky and the same code is in both, but often not.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Well its definetly bootstrap as I got it from the BS link. Thats the number its giving when you use the check version in admin.

47 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

That is not Bootstrap (2.3.4BS). If that's what you're actually running, there's no point in asking questions about it in this thread. You may get lucky and the same code is in both, but often not.

2.3.4 bs was updated to 2.3.4.1 back in the Summer;

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/c39cf08b6a182e3bd4f0a136dc6a2951480f01a3

We've gone 2.3.3.4 -> 2.3.4 -> 2.3.4.1 over the years, mirroring the official osc as new versions come out.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Well it look like all the errors were caused by the group update addon! I thought I had done all the conversion to BS  and its stabe when using it, but clearly its still not happy.

if (BUS_ENABLE_DELETE == 1){ // add Delete to select box

Dont uderstand why as this is defined in /languages/english/orders.php 

Can confirm that all the    "Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in" errors stop when running PHP7.1 One Edge.

Whether it calls itself 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 would depend on when Zahid picked up a copy and installed it. Awfully confusing to claim to be the "official" version number, but I guess there are reasons. I have no problem with keeping the code upgraded in sync with the official release, but I have my doubts about not having a unique version number (not to mention having to version 2.3.4BS by date rather than a built-in version number). If 2.3.6 is ever released, I guess it will be moot at that point. I have seen people install 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 plus a Bootstrap responsive add-on or template, and then ask for support in this 2.3.4BS area, so it's confusing to many.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

TY @beerbee for spotting a problem.
TY @BrockleyJohn for the PR.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/98cdc6828c224ff957899d9abfeae7a387cb0db4

It is not a showstopper; after all, no one has noticed a problem in years
However, it would be wise to take the time to update this particular file asap.

I have a very old, heavily modified osc site. Working perfectly fine for me but I need to upgrade the code(have some from 10 years ago!). I'm confused on all the releases. Do I want to do the 2.3.4.1 boot strap version or the 2.3.4.1 downloaded from the osc site? 

I have downloaded Responsive Oscommerce Master which has a zip date of 2/4/18. Is this the one I should start working with?

Can I run this with php7?  I believe my current sites code will not let me upgrade it from php5. 

My biggest fear is that I have a massive images folder. Is there something for BS which will organize that folder?

49 minutes ago, Rachael w. said:

I have downloaded Responsive Oscommerce Master which has a zip date of 2/4/18. Is this the one I should start working with?

this is the correct version to be used

49 minutes ago, Rachael w. said:

Can I run this with php7?  I believe my current sites code will not let me upgrade it from php5.

It's good to run at least up to PHP 7.1

50 minutes ago, Rachael w. said:

My biggest fear is that I have a massive images folder. Is there something for BS which will organize that folder?

There are many resources for the database update including extra images.

See this thread:

https://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/408979-upgrading-to-the-latest-version/

and this add-on newest version:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/2qqbU&sql-upgrades-from-2-2ms-to-2-3-3

if your store is 2.2 based and you are using additional product images, there is this add-on for ultra pics migration. But I believe it can be modified for other extra images add-ons:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/gS66B&ultrapics-to-oscommerce-2-3-x-migration&p=2

With thanks to the handful of guys who have bought my latest 28d Modules, thereby giving me some time to spend on the Project, the following has been achieved;

1. Update Font Awesome to v5
  2. Update deprecated "each" loops to "foreach" loops, for php7.2 compat
  3. Update emails to accept -f parameter, this should solve emails being marked as spam by (eg) hotmail
  4. Update login content module for has-feedback and placeholders, cosmetic change requested by many.
  5. Add in more Custom Data Points

If you want to see more work being done on the Project, pitch in and help.  Or if you cannot code, help by spending a few dollars.

The next task is a big one.  I need YOUR help.

Updating from Bootstrap 3 to Bootstrap 4.

10 minutes ago, burt said:

Man that sounds like a nightmare! So many things to check and double check. :wacko:

14 minutes ago, burt said:

With thanks to the handful of guys who have bought my latest 28d Modules, thereby giving me some time to spend on the Project, the following has been achieved;

3. Update emails to accept -f parameter, this should solve emails being marked as spam by (eg) hotmail
  4. Update login content module for has-feedback and placeholders, cosmetic change requested by many.

If you want to see more work being done on the Project, pitch in and help.  Or if you cannot code, help by spending a few dollars.

Only help I can offer would be installing on source tree and testing

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

1 hour ago, burt said:

Happy to help

@burt

G I went through the while()each() becomes foreach() commit and update all my files.

I am not php tech savvy but if the routine is always the same then I think there are couple of resets running loose inside the following files.

admin/includes/classes/phplot.php 

Line 1348 / 1346

reset($this->data_color);  //data_color can be an array of colors, one for each thing plotted
-	 //while (list(, $col) = each($this->data_color)) 
+    // foreach($this->data_color as $col) 

reset has not been removed

Line 1362 / 1360

reset($this->data_border_color);
         $i = 0;
-        while (list(, $col) = each($this->data_border_color)) {
+    foreach($this->data_border_color as $col) {

Line 2286 / 2274

reset($this->data_values);
-        while (list($j, $row) = each($this->data_values)) {
+    foreach($this->data_values as $j => $row) {

includes/functions/database.php
 Line 61

reset($data);
     if ($action == 'insert') {
       $query = 'insert into ' . $table . ' (';
-      while (list($columns, ) = each($data)) {
+      foreach (array_keys($data) as $columns) {

reset has not been removed on line 58

Edited by Tsimi

@Tsimi @justcatering @altoid TY.  You guys have done your part already for which I am grateful and I hope all the other shopowners who have not yet been able to help, are grateful.

If I can get 10 more shopowners involved in the 28d offerings...I can take a week off and pay someone else to take a week off to get bs3 to bs4 done in that week.  Then we can pronounce "final" and be done with the whole thing, other than hotfixes.

ps, thank you to the other guys whom I have not mentioned for helping!  You know who you are, I am grateful to you.

Edited by burt

3 hours ago, Tsimi said:

@burt

G I went through the while()each() becomes foreach() commit and update all my files.

I am not php tech savvy but if the routine is always the same then I think there are couple of resets running loose inside the following files.

TY @Tsimi

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/70c5a7a1fc9548365e2e8450f535c7073dda430e

Just spotted a posiable problem in product info page, When you hover over the image and the hover text pops up the text is messing up when " is used. It appeares to add \" into the text. Only happens on the product info page. Hover text is fine on same image in all other pages. Is this a known issue?

Hover error.jpg

Hover normal.jpg

Edited by justcatering

In product_info.php find the word;

addslashes

and change it to

htmlspecialchars

See if that solves it.