• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@burt

I'll try my best to answer those questions as they arise, but those questions really don't affect those who simply want to keep a clean master copy. Only ever change your Master by pulling in any commits from my Master.

Ok, so I've pulled all the changes into my master... All is good... Well maybe, and sorry if this sounds basic... but I've been reading tutorials all morning for both github and sourcetree and think I have confused myself even more:

Now (and maybe this is too large a discussion for here?) how do I compare my updated master with my personal branch to merge those changes into my branch?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@greasemonkey

What I do is use the "Pull Request" within the GitHub web interface

The Base is where you want to PULL changes from

The compare repository is where you want to PUSH the changes.

I do this in order to PULL changes from gBurton Master to PUSH to my Forked newburns Master

Maybe start a new topic on using Github w/ Sourcetree?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I just submitted a pull request by removing database_tables.php as this file I was told being deprecated. I also removed the deprecated project version from application top. Example:

tep_db_query("update " . newsletters . " set locked = '" . $status . "' where newsletters_id = '" . (int)$newsletter_id . "'");

before was

ep_db_query("update " . TABLE_NEWSLETTERS . " set locked = '" . $status . "' where newsletters_id = '" . (int)$newsletter_id . "'");

@@drillsar

This is from Gary 

How to keep a clean Master copy using Github

I have put together a couple of videos. 1. shows how to create a new Github account and Fork this project. 2. shows how to check for new commits to this project and pull them into your own Fork.

You can find these videos at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/?p=1709648

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks for that oops I never made a copy I just forked it and making changes to my master so I guess not doing correctly. I was wondering how I make a copy of a fork? I forked gburton's and make a couple changes to my master and made a pull request for those changes. I guess not doing correctly

@@drillsar

if you remove database table names, it should just be

tep_db_query("update newsletters set ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@burt sorry to bother you but I was wondering how is osCommerce dealing with the layout of database tables? I know that file is being deleted for example:

$actions_query_raw = "select * from " . TABLE_ACTION_RECORDER . (!empty($filter) ? " where " . implode(" and ", $filter) : "") . " order by date_added desc";

tep_db_query("select identifier from " . TABLE_ACTION_RECORDER . " where id = '" . (int)$actions['id'] . "'");

also with filenames.php that file is being deleted so I am doing it like this:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUNTRIES)); to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link('countries.php'));

I wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly

on github I create a fork which creates my master. I create a branch lets say test I than make changes to that branch using github desktop. I than create a proposed pull request from my test branch to your master am I correct?

I wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly

on github I create a fork which creates my master. I create a branch lets say test I than make changes to that branch using github desktop. I than create a proposed pull request from my test branch to your master am I correct?

From what I see over in Github, it appears you have gone through the correct procedures.  Now it's up to the keeper of the code to review that and go from there.

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a customized site build with the Bootstrap Gold version. I am having issues with the images however. I would like to remove the strict sizing that keeps it sitting at 250px, but I have NO idea what file I need to edit to make that happen. What file do I need to edit that contains the code that controls those image sizes? It's for sure not controlled in admin.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

@@daller

Looks like Gary moved things around a bit...if you are looking for a demo site go to...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407244-shop-owners-bootstrap-demo/?p=1724756

if you're looking for templates that Gary has developed, go to...

http://www.oscommerce-templates.co.uk/

Dan

I

Suggestion for people who are working on responsive/bootstrap:

The header bar module can easily be customized to show "1 item" and "2 items".

includes/languages/english/modules/content/navigation/cm_navbar.php 

Replace:
//header titles 
define('HEADER_CART_CONTENTS', '<i class="glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart"></i> %s [...]

With:
  //header titles
  $plural = ($cart->count_contents() > 1) ? 's' : '';
  define('HEADER_CART_CONTENTS', '<i class="glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart"></i> %s item' . $plural . '<span class="caret"></span>');

If there is a better place to put this, please pass it along.

Hi guys. First of all, massive kudos to everyone involved in this project, it is much needed.

Secondly though, I see there have been a number of recent changes in the github project which have nothing to do with getting it working with Bootstrap, but are instead changes to the core OSC code.

These include things like changing intval() to (int), and while(list($foo,$bar) = $array) to foreach ($array as $foo=>$bar)

I'm concerned that including core changes like this that don't have anything to do with the Bootstrapification will make it harder to merge into sites that use a lot of add-ons, because with every additional diff, you increase the risk of a conflict needing to be manually resolved. And in many cases these changes don't seem to add enough value to justify that risk.

For the sake of cleanliness might it be better to keep the Responsive project only for the changes necessary against stock 2.3.4 to make it responsive, and leave everything else to the mainline oscommerce project? Or at least have a branch which is "pure" in this way - just the *minimal* set of changes required, without this extra cruft?

@@Ben23

@@burt has been fantastic with keeping a Gold version of Bootstrap 2.3.3.4
His main goals have been to keep core code as clean as possible. Although a lot of us are submitting PR's for what we think are important. He has been a well-deserved stickler about what gets merged into the master. And it is highly needed.

If you don't believe me, submit a PR :)

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived