Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3.4 - Responsive from the Get Go

categories.php file is complete. I believe I have it set to render usable across all devices - Some of the xs view Im not super happy with, but I am probably being too picky - my objective was to space the row buttons enough that they are not inadvertently clicked - I am pretty happy with desktop and tablet view, though I only tested tablet on simulator.

As this page went one I also changed details to the configuration page.

Next will be products_attributes.php

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Whats been changed so far is @ https://github.com/GLWalker/oscommerce2-bs-admin\

I recently went through and balanced all the html brackets so it has a perfect nesting when viewing source - if anyone takes on any files, always start the first HTML tag, usually <div class="page-header"> @ 10 spaces and follow on down.

I try to code classes in html using this method:

<div class="col-xs-* col-sm-* col-md-*  any-other-class">  

where applicable I always start with the mobile classes and work up, then place others at the end. If ever a need for a mass search and replace it could help.

I do have some trouble with Git's software on a Mac so the comments are not as I would like.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

The Git software is pretty cool, but frustrating in it's intergration.  There are some config settings like line endings where it will convert automatically to LF or not, but I think native is to convert.  It's in the man pages buy you can manually edit your config also.  You might find this interesting https://github.com/fabpot/PHP-CS-Fixer  but it's just for php.  I think it would be a good idea to look at going with some of the fig standards since we're moving to php 5.3+ but I'm not as involved and you guys are.

I have problems with it in Netbeans, which has it built in.  I've tried a couple of the other clients and I set up SourceTree which Hararld said he's using.  The simple Git Bash may be the best but i hate typing. 

I'm not really a dog.

SourceTree is what I use.  It's a learning curve, but not very steep.

I did in the past use Githubs own windows program, but that's quite limited in what it can do (compared to sourcetree).

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Please don't turn this thread into a support for "this and that" type of thread.  Please open a new thread and solve your problems in that new thread.   Thanks

This thread is for discussion of the core concept of the community build of Bootsrtapped osCommerce, it is not for advice on how to use it, how to change it or how to add addons or anything else of that nature.

Edited by burt

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Back on topic -

The products attributes file is one of those monsters of a file, lots of actions, lots of page results, a lot of data to look at.

I see it uses a lot of html for forms and inputs and selects, rather than taking advantage of the functions.

It was probably the nature of the beast - it works, so let it be!

As I'm styling it I am converting all to use the carts functions, and consolidating down the tables for deleting and edition options and values into cases that will display in the existing list of options/values when the action is initiated.

Testing each step along the way and all is well so far. Of course halfway through I got tired of looking at the page results and had to Bootstrap that too :)

Anyhow - a very chopped version is available that shows the way its going.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

One issue I've noticed from the start -

When clicking on a button/row in a table to initiate an action,  the page needs to reload on that some area - not such a big deal on a desktop, but for smaller devices it would make the workflow a lot better.

I tried using anchors, but that's jumpy and cumbersome and adds ridiculous markup to everything.

Maybe something like scrollspy? http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#scrollspy

Anyone have an ideas/advice?

Edited by WebSource 5

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@@kymation

Bootstrapping the installer will allow you to show your prowess at BS

How is it going ? Do you have a Github Repo ?

By the time you got around to this my free time was nearly gone. Now I have to work and pay the bills. I'll finish it if I can find the time, but no promises.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

:rolleyes:

Installer is now bootstrapped and committed.  

Nice that somebody has all that free time.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I'm afraid things like scrollspy will cause more of a fuss than they're worth -- there are much less... visual ways.. to update data on a page without a page reload. 

Categories are a huge worry for me, I need to find a solution, sites like mine where we're trying to achieve something like 300 thousand products active, the categorization tree is going to become overly large and unworkable. 

in other words, ajax ajax ajax ajax

products_attributes.php is done. Lots of changes html wise, as well as converting all forms, selects and inputs to use their respective functions. A few tables removed in favor of some switch/case actions.

Will be committing to my admin branch in due time.

#########################################################################################

On another note, I have updated the BootStrap build to V2.3.4 - https://github.com/GLWalker/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/tree/HEAD

Ive updated the install file merging changes from V2.3.4 as well as adding in the newer header_tag modules in this Bootstrap build and turning on box modules.

After installation it should be setup like the demo @ http://template.me.uk/2334bs3/

Any and all testers would be great. I have sent a push request to merge this - so the more that can have a look, the better - there are lots of changes and Gary cannot do all the testing and looking at files alone.

Besides the devs that can eyeball code, the easiest way to test is download the zip from https://github.com/GLWalker/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/tree/HEAD  and install. 

This update has no Bootstrap Admin files, but DOES include all admin file changes from the default 2.3.4 build.

Edited by WebSource 5

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello guys....

You have done amazing job making OSC responsive...
I enjoy it a lt. But before I'll start working with it i have question about 2 things:

Here : http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/ i saw 2 things: GRID - You can change type of products listing and additional photos to products.
I have downloaded latest version from here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

But this version does contain this two things ( change view of products list and additional pictures )
Where can I get this version from:  http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/

With greetings

HH

FYI handy for responsive testing using firefox

If you have Updated Mozilla Firefox, use Ctrl + Shift + M .

It gives responsive view,orientation (portrait and landscape) , touch events and take a screen shot also.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Not sure how many more times I need to say this.

This thread is not for support.  It is a discussion only thread.

If you need support post it elsewhere, making sure to include all details, including HOW TO REPLICATE what you think is wrong.

Hi Everyone

Special thanks to BURT. He did fantistic job by converting oscommerce to reponsive mode. I really like that.

I have question for everyone like if I want to add category menu in header part in horizontal position then how can I do so?

I would like to access it in reponsive mode as well.

Your advice will be help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone

Special thanks to BURT. He did fantistic job by converting oscommerce to reponsive mode. I really like that.

I have question for everyone like if I want to add category menu in header part in horizontal position then how can I do so?

I would like to access it in reponsive mode as well.

Your advice will be help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Already discussed here and here. ;)

J.J.

One issue I've noticed from the start -

When clicking on a button/row in a table to initiate an action,  the page needs to reload on that some area - not such a big deal on a desktop, but for smaller devices it would make the workflow a lot better.

I tried using anchors, but that's jumpy and cumbersome and adds ridiculous markup to everything.

Maybe something like scrollspy? http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#scrollspy

Anyone have an ideas/advice?

Do you know Foxp2 github v2.4 repo with attributes?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@wHiTeHaT

x-editables looks like as a breaked project but very perfect.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely

I was looking, but cannot find that one. Do you have a link?

I dont have :(  I hoped that I have an old copy but probably deleted in 2013.

This is not the full project:

https://github.com/shanmugam4545/oscommerce-2.4-with-twig

Lol: http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t70742.html

Edited by Gergely