burt

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3.4 - Responsive from the Get Go

@@Ken44 thank you Ken.

@@Dan Cole please go ahead as the more I have to compare, the less mistakes/omissions will be made.

#communityeffort in action

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

I have a zip file ready for Gary too...just sent him a PM to find out where I should send it. Does anyone else have one ready in case he needs another?

Hi @@burt.

If i use this theme, can i import my database from oscommerce version 2.3.3 in to it if i do a fresh install of oscommerce with your bootstarp theme?

Thank you

Edited by rankedsites

I see no reason why not.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Has any member of the community fully updated 2.3.3.4 (bs) to 2.3.4 (bs) for file comparison. Thanks

Hi @@burt

Thanks for quick anwer. I have downloaded and set it up while i was waiting for an answer and get the issue that when clicking on a product it shows a blank page. Was there a update between 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 that moified the database that you know of or is it another issue?

Thanks for your help Burt

Pleas do not use this thread for issues unrelated to this bootstrapped version.

This bootstrap version is presently at 2.3.3.4

Thanks

Sorry @@burt

I dint know if it was a fault with database or the theme it self as you have changed a lot. Wasnt sure if you modified paths or something.

Best regards

I've just known about this project. I must say I was stuck with my heavily modified 2.2 shop for several years. I didn't upgrade to 2.3 because there was many work to do, many contributions and patches done by myself and few real benefits on the client side. But this responsive version looks really great! I'm starting to test it and port all my contributions to 2.3.3.4BS. I think it will take ages but I think it's worth the time.

Just one question: Is this planned to be integrated into next official version or is it a paralell version?

Edited by piernas

Hi @@burt

I think there is a problem with the sort order of new products.

When going to look at the new products and the customer first clicks the ‘Whats New’ link the customer is taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php

This link correctly displays the first page of new products sorted by newest product first.

Now when the customer wishes to view the next page (page 2) he is then taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php?sort=2a&page=2

As you will see page 2 now has ‘?sort=2a’ added which means that the customer is no longer looking at the products by date added order. The products are now in description ascending order and there is no way to look at page 2 by date added order.

Regards

Ken

Reminder that anyone who wants to try the Bootstrap can do so by grabbing this .zip file:
https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

and installing as you would any oscommerce site.
Make sure to read the readme document.

Thanks @@burt! The readme helps me a lot :D

this is great work! Do you have any todo list? I see some function deficiency.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely - have at it.  Fix anything that needs fixing ... 

:D

@@burt I will examine the code first and push it after

I have found only touch selection positioning in the next:

- payment method selection

- address selection

- product notification selection

where need touch/click on the radio buttons

The other works like a charm!

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi @@Ken44

Hi @@burt

I think there is a problem with the sort order of new products.

When going to look at the new products and the customer first clicks the ‘Whats New’ link the customer is taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php

This link correctly displays the first page of new products sorted by newest product first.

Now when the customer wishes to view the next page (page 2) he is then taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php?sort=2a&page=2

As you will see page 2 now has ‘?sort=2a’ added which means that the customer is no longer looking at the products by date added order. The products are now in description ascending order and there is no way to look at page 2 by date added order.

Regards

Ken

shall I push a fix?

Yes, please do :)  

Busines is business just you have to build in the full name request :-) the hungarian will be own business

fix with hard coded PRODUCT_LIST_DATE_ADDED to prevent the issue by admin manipulations in sql configuration. I dont link the commit you can see on github.

There will be conflict with gadlol Improved code commit...

Hi @@Gergely

I have managed to solve the problem using ‘ORDER BY p.products_date_added’ but its more of a hack than a fix. A full fix will require changes to the config sql and the admin.

Regards

Ken

Hi @Gergely

I just tried your code changes on github. They seem to work great. In products_new.php the time display is probably unnecessary. The year month and day are probably enough for most shops.

Regards

Ken

Edited by Ken44

@@Ken44

its free to change as you like.

:D

@@burt I will examine the code first and push it after

I have found only touch selection positioning in the next:

- payment method selection

- address selection

- product notification selection

where need touch/click on the radio buttons

The other works like a charm!

Is there a problem with the touch selections ?  I've tested in every scenario I can think of;  smartphone, tablet, laptop, notebook and see no problems.

Did you try installting the clickable rows header tag module?

Note that I reintroduced tables on checkout_shipping, next update will be checkout_payment.

Is there a problem with the touch selections ?  I've tested in every scenario I can think of;  smartphone, tablet, laptop, notebook and see no problems.

Did you try installting the clickable rows header tag module?

Note that I reintroduced tables on checkout_shipping, next update will be checkout_payment.

yes i have but if I load the jQuery sript the problem is fixed. Why dont load jQuery in template_top.php?

Site loads faster with it in the bottom.  Can you say exactly what is the problem ?

jQuery needs to be at the top otherwise javascript errors occur when using the jQuery document ready function:

$(function() {.. });

The only way around that is to write a document ready function in pure javascript .. if you look at how jQuery is doing it, it's better to have jQuery loaded before the page and not after.

:heart:, osCommerce

We load all the jquery ready in the footer....

There should be no problem...

Edited by burt