• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

14 minutes ago, burt said:

With thanks to the handful of guys who have bought my latest 28d Modules, thereby giving me some time to spend on the Project, the following has been achieved;

1. Update Font Awesome to v5
  2. Update deprecated "each" loops to "foreach" loops, for php7.2 compat
  3. Update emails to accept -f parameter, this should solve emails being marked as spam by (eg) hotmail
  4. Update login content module for has-feedback and placeholders, cosmetic change requested by many.
  5. Add in more Custom Data Points

If you want to see more work being done on the Project, pitch in and help.  Or if you cannot code, help by spending a few dollars.

The next task is a big one.  I need YOUR help.

Updating from Bootstrap 3 to Bootstrap 4.

Only help I can offer would be installing on source tree and testing

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, burt said:

With thanks to the handful of guys who have bought my latest 28d Modules, thereby giving me some time to spend on the Project, the following has been achieved;

1. Update Font Awesome to v5
  2. Update deprecated "each" loops to "foreach" loops, for php7.2 compat
  3. Update emails to accept -f parameter, this should solve emails being marked as spam by (eg) hotmail
  4. Update login content module for has-feedback and placeholders, cosmetic change requested by many.
  5. Add in more Custom Data Points

If you want to see more work being done on the Project, pitch in and help.  Or if you cannot code, help by spending a few dollars.

The next task is a big one.  I need YOUR help.

Updating from Bootstrap 3 to Bootstrap 4.

Happy to help

@burt

G I went through the while()each() becomes foreach() commit and update all my files.

I am not php tech savvy but if the routine is always the same then I think there are couple of resets running loose inside the following files.

admin/includes/classes/phplot.php 

Line 1348 / 1346

reset($this->data_color);  //data_color can be an array of colors, one for each thing plotted
-	 //while (list(, $col) = each($this->data_color)) 
+    // foreach($this->data_color as $col) 

reset has not been removed

Line 1362 / 1360

reset($this->data_border_color);
         $i = 0;
-        while (list(, $col) = each($this->data_border_color)) {
+    foreach($this->data_border_color as $col) {

Line 2286 / 2274

reset($this->data_values);
-        while (list($j, $row) = each($this->data_values)) {
+    foreach($this->data_values as $j => $row) {

includes/functions/database.php
 Line 61

reset($data);
     if ($action == 'insert') {
       $query = 'insert into ' . $table . ' (';
-      while (list($columns, ) = each($data)) {
+      foreach (array_keys($data) as $columns) {

reset has not been removed on line 58

@Tsimi @justcatering @altoid TY.  You guys have done your part already for which I am grateful and I hope all the other shopowners who have not yet been able to help, are grateful.

If I can get 10 more shopowners involved in the 28d offerings...I can take a week off and pay someone else to take a week off to get bs3 to bs4 done in that week.  Then we can pronounce "final" and be done with the whole thing, other than hotfixes.

ps, thank you to the other guys whom I have not mentioned for helping!  You know who you are, I am grateful to you.

3 hours ago, Tsimi said:

@burt

G I went through the while()each() becomes foreach() commit and update all my files.

I am not php tech savvy but if the routine is always the same then I think there are couple of resets running loose inside the following files.

TY @Tsimi

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/70c5a7a1fc9548365e2e8450f535c7073dda430e

Just spotted a posiable problem in product info page, When you hover over the image and the hover text pops up the text is messing up when " is used. It appeares to add \" into the text. Only happens on the product info page. Hover text is fine on same image in all other pages. Is this a known issue?

Hover error.jpg

Hover normal.jpg

This is just an observation but I have noticed my sites slowing down at times and sitting with this notice at bottom of browser, it would appear they are having difficulty get on the fa server! Anyone else seeing this?

image.png.b78a6b818ece99d0250b6093050205c7.png

@burt

I think that is what I'm gonna do too. Page load has slowed down a bit since the FA 5 upgrade.

The guys from FA mentioned something on their website about page load might get slower if you exceed certain amount of icons per page. I highly doubt that we reach that amount with osC though.

I'll try to set it up local once and see if that improves load times.

@burt

What about the reset around line 1361 inside phplot.php file, stay or remove?

//Set color of the error bars to be that of data if not already set. 
if (!$this->error_bar_color) { 
reset($which_data);
$this->SetErrorBarColors($which_data);
}

On 2/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, Tsimi said:

@burt

I think that is what I'm gonna do too. Page load has slowed down a bit since the FA 5 upgrade.

The guys from FA mentioned something on their website about page load might get slower if you exceed certain amount of icons per page. I highly doubt that we reach that amount with osC though.

I'll try to set it up local once and see if that improves load times.

Please report back on your findings when on live server, as I am thinking we could potentially do something with a Hook...

Default Hook:
load the fa from the fa site

Non standard Hook (maybe an addon or such):
load the fa from your own server

@burt

Will definitely do.
If everything goes as planned I should get a "real" server space somewhere during March, latest April.

Yesterday when I worked on the shop loading was normal and I didn't feel any slow downs, using the js script.

I am having a problem when “Force Cookie Use” is set to true, I set it to true so that the URLs would not have the long “osCsid=5c06d7bc7dc631eb69d799df138a52bb” attached to the urls.

However when “Force Cookie Use” is set to true customers can no longer buy from the store! All they get is a warning page saying please turn on your cookies!

I have checked my self and I have cookies enabled in my browser but it still only gives this warning page. Anyone else had this problem or is there a known solution that I have not found?

cookie.png

With the default settings (force cookies false) you'll get session ids on the first page display but after that they go away.

You want prevent spider sessions True and check you don't have them indexed in google.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Sorry too early to think! with set to false, I get the id on all page. It was set to True to make the URls short. However customers complaind they could not buy! They said cookies are on but still get error.

I too only get the error page with it set to true. Making it false goes back to long Urls,

Ok got to bottom of this, my mistake Config file setup wrong! I had,

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.xxxxxx.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.xxxxx.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

changed to this and it works fine,

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.xxxxxx.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.xxxxx.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

On 2018/2/15 at 5:49 PM, burt said:

Default Hook:
load the fa from the fa site

Non standard Hook (maybe an addon or such):
load the fa from your own server

Would be nice so that the "Pro" version can be utilized easily as well.

When checking whos online in admin I am seeing guest logins with this " /cookie_usage.php " as the last page clicked URL! Its happening quite a few times, Should this be somthing a guest see as normal? I thought it was an error page!

It apperes to be mainly from .fr and .de IP addresses. Its been happening all morning. Why would they allways get /cookie.usage.php as last click?

28 minutes ago, justcatering said:

When checking whos online in admin I am seeing guest logins with this " /cookie_usage.php " as the last page clicked URL! Its happening quite a few times, Should this be somthing a guest see as normal? I thought it was an error page!

It apperes to be mainly from .fr and .de IP addresses. Its been happening all morning. Why would they allways get /cookie.usage.php as last click?

They had cookies blocked in their browser. It's that kind of error page! Maybe it's a spider.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Not sure to be honest John had cookie problem when I installed the URL addon and thought I had resolved it. Too many customers having this issue. I have disabled the Seo Urls 5 addon and problem appears to have gone! Also had number of customers on site almost double the moment I turned Seo Urls 5 URL addon off!

Only problem now is the Addon has left code in the store than needs to be manually removed and DB needs to be edited!

Anyone installing this need to be careful as uninstall in not simple!

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived