• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@kymation Gary has a branch for it in his Github Repo so I think so.  Not sure how far along it is though.  Have a look there maybe you can tell. 

Dan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Dan Cole

thank you. work very great

• v2.3.4 Bootstrap

Age_rectricted_category_v2.3.1.rar

Ajax categories caroussel.rar

ajax content.rar

Ajax whats new and promo.rar

Create Account & Manual Order Maker For OSC 2.3.4 V3.1.rar

install seperate taxe pricing..rar

erased

• v2.3.4 Bootstrap

Age_rectricted_category_v2.3.1.rar

Ajax categories caroussel.rar

ajax content.rar

Ajax whats new and promo.rar

Create Account & Manual Order Maker For OSC 2.3.4 V3.1.rar

install seperate taxe pricing..rar

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have some questions regarding osC responsive as I am going to setup a new store for a project.

For now I started to play a bit around with the osC responsive Gold version and really like it.

I would like to know what you would recommend for a store going live, should I go for Gold or Edge release or maybe even stay with standard osC 2.3.4?

And maybe there is someone who could roughly tell me where there is the difference between this development discussed in this thread compared to a bootstrap/responsive theme/template one could buy from the usual design websites.

Sorry, if this was already asked or said somewhere else, I didn't find it though ...

Kind regards,

redgoldgreen

The Edge release is quite a bit ahead of Gold at this time, and seems to be quite stable. I'm just finishing up a client’s store based on Edge and everything is working well. I personally think it's worth the risk.

Also, Gold and the stock osCommerce 2.3.4 will not work in PHP 7, and hosts are already starting to offer that. If you use either of those releases, be prepared to do a major upgrade within the next two years when PHP 7 becomes mandatory.

The "templates" offered on third-party sites are often poorly coded and not supported. If you want support from us, stick with the offerings here. There are free templates available here, as well as some commercial offerings, and any of the Bootstrap themes available here and elsewhere will work on the Gold or Edge versions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

OK I have 2.3.4 BS edge installed, got it from Jack a couple weeks ago.

I am getting this error when I try to see the orders from admin

Fatal error: Call to a member function register() on a non-object in /admin/orders.php on line 15

Line 15 is

$OSCOM_Hooks->register('orders');

Is this a known issue or has this been fixed already?

Can't see my orders

Do you have the Paypal App installed? It sounds like you have wiped out part of your Paypal install. Those modifications will need to be re-done.

Regards

Jim

Jack said it had the latest Paypal version.  Anyway, I Uninstalled it and it still has the same result.  The only payment module I have enabled is COD.

This is not a live shop yet, So I don't know if it ever worked.  There is only 1 order I entered as a test.

Uninstalling the Paypal App will not help; you would need to remove the code modifications as well.

In admin/includes/application_top.php near the bottom of the file, add this code:

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/classes/hooks.php');
  $OSCOM_Hooks = new hooks('admin');

That should fix the problem.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

tried to install this but straight after install this is the error that is appearing: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONST in /home/kartonic/public_html/vouchertest2/includes/languages/english/modules/content/index/cm_i_customer_greeting.php on line 13

as soon as i try to go into content modules via the admin page the same error appears, any ideas?

Nathan

Hi,

ive redone the installation using another version (gold) and all is working fine, just wondering though is there a place where i can learn to make my own modules? i want to add something from my website to it, ive had a look through the module files and can't quite work out how to do what i want to do.

Nathan

What exactly is it you want to add? There probably is a module already available perhaps, but I need to know what feature you are looking for. Here is a link to the main addon page as well for your reference or sometimes you can actually find things easier by googling "oscommerce + bla, bla, bla" and you usually get some good hits there http://addons.oscommerce.com/

I just instealled Edge.  So there is a lot of work to do!

Thank you everyone for all the hard work both currently and past.

Is the intention of this distro just basic store and stability?   or to include as many feature/modules as possible?

I understand OSC is made to be modular, so in an ideal world, you could have a basic store and download and plug in modules as you see fit.    But we all know it doesn't work that way because many modules are not just plug in and some take quite a bit of work to integrate and many more don't work at all.. 

I don't know if this has been suggested,  but I know it's been talked about since the inception of OSC, the location of "Post Code" and the name itself.   Would seem to make since to have the location configurable so one could move it around and a field to edit the name.   Just a thought..

Pricing live update when using product attributes...   Built in SPPC.. 

That's my input for right now...  Let me get rollin' and hopefully I'll be able to contribute more lol

-ThaChad

Hello

I have BS up and running however noticed that:

includes/template_top.php

<link href="ext/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet"> <!-- font awesome -->

<link href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.6.3/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet" integrity="sha384-T8Gy5hrqNKT+hzMclPo118YTQO6cYprQmhrYwIiQ/3axmI1hQomh7Ud2hPOy8SP1" crossorigin="anonymous">

I did not like the external website reference and downloaded the Zip file from http://fontawesome.io/ and unpacked it to the EXT directory and changed the file permissions to 750.

I made the following change

<link href="ext/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<!-- font awesome -->
<link href="ext/font-awesome-4.6.3/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet" integrity="sha384-T8Gy5hrqNKT+hzMclPo118YTQO6cYprQmhrYwIiQ/3axmI1hQomh7Ud2hPOy8SP1" crossorigin="anonymous">

It seems to work and now does not fetch from the external website in case that site is down or slow, my website will still work well.

I'm not a coder, is there anything wrong in what I did?

Mark.

Thankyou for the reply. I was reading about the CDN on wikipedia and that link is great! I have  better understanding of this concept.

However, my traffic is light on my site (Although it is image weighted) and I prefer to keep things in house so to speak, so in my case a CDN isn't needed yet.

So have I changed the code (for my situation) correctly?

Maybe the CDN option could be put in the ADMIN panel.

In Australia we have privacy laws witch may conflict with caching images with 3rd parties and private information stored overseas.

Thanks wHiTeHaT

• 2 weeks later...
  • burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived