• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This commit https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/c8ab11711e2e5ec1e3f6ce7a1f2ea51b467c0d34 (which is in the grid_list branch) simplifies the grid/list function.

Would appreciate if a few people could test this change please, feel free to make any comment.

All good. 3 columns grid sits just right in normal view. Perfect in mobile view.

Maybe better to default to grid view. First access of products listings in list view looks terrible on mobile as the options wrap to the left.

I know users can switch. Just a thought.

:santa:

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@auzStar - grid should be default...do you have this online so that I can check on mobile? Thanks

Sorry @@burt. No I don't. Just using browser developer tools. Hope to be online soon.

I was clearing the cache to double check and it seemed to always default to list view.

I'll check again.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

@@burt

checked in IE and Chrome clearing cache and cookies. checked the file changes to make sure that was correct.

definitely defaults to list view.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

In /includes/modules/header_tags/ht_grid_list_view.php could you change the second $oscTemplate->addBlock

to:

$oscTemplate->addBlock('<script>$(function() {var cc = $.cookie(\'list_grid\');if (cc == \'list\') {$(\'#products .item\').removeClass(\'grid-group-item\').addClass(\'list-group-item\');}else {$(\'#products .item\').removeClass(\'list-group-item\').addClass(\'grid-group-item\');}$(document).ready(function() {$(\'#list\').click(function(event){event.preventDefault();$(\'#products .item\').addClass(\'list-group-item\').removeClass(\'grid-group-item\');$.cookie(\'list_grid\', \'list\');});$(\'#grid\').click(function(event){event.preventDefault();$(\'#products .item\').removeClass(\'list-group-item\').addClass(\'grid-group-item\');$.cookie(\'list_grid\', \'grid\');});});});</script>' . "\n", $this->group);
Test and report back ?

@@burt

just bear with me. it's working in chrome but IE's refusing to co-operate, as usual.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@burt

@#$#% IE. :angry:

OK now. Had to close all my windows and try again. Defaulting to grid view now. 

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

mobile views if it helps

cheers

post-290729-0-04109400-1417693772_thumb.jpg

post-290729-0-98704000-1417693787_thumb.jpg

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hello will be reintroduced the banner as foooter content module?

I'm not sure the best way to do this as some people might want the banner in the header, some in the footer, some in a page. Any thoughts on it ?

I'm not sure the best way to do this as some people might want the banner in the header, some in the footer, some in a page. Any thoughts on it ?

Yeah understand that can be a little tricky. Maybe give the possibility to move header, boxes and footer content modules to Top, Bottom, column left or right position?

p.s. this remembers me phpnuke era....  :D

@@burt

I'll be testing out new changes soon, then provide feedback. 

I do agree the product listings need a tune up and strip down, it was nice at the time, but looking back, just too much extra that can already be achieved using bootstrap default classes.

I have some markup that can help with a shopowners preferance on default view as well, but will first test with new setup.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Great project! Thanks, for all your hard work.

I checked out the demo, and the results are screaming fast.

I am downloading, and will start implementing a working version, soon; and, will provide as much feedback as possible.

Do you want bugs and feature requests posted, here?

Cheers,

Rob

Hello @@burt,

i'm trying to improve the create account form:

Problem: Some labels are too long and overlap with the input fields in xs:
- State/Province

- Password Confirmation

This may happen in other languages for other labels too

1. Suggestion:

Hide the labels for xs and use 12 col width for input fields. We are showing placeholders so the labels are maybe not necessary in xs.

Example:

<div class="form-group has-feedback">
      <span class="hidden-xs"><label for="inputFirstName" class="control-label col-xs-3"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME; ?></label></span>
      <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-9">
        <?php
        echo tep_draw_input_field('firstname', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputFirstName" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME . '"');
        echo FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT;
        if (tep_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT)) echo '<span class="help-block">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>';
        ?>
      </div>
    </div>

2. Suggestion:

Stack label and input field for xs:

Example:

<div class="form-group has-feedback">
      <label for="inputFirstName" class="control-label col-xs-12 col-sm-3"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME; ?></label>
      <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-9">
        <?php
        echo tep_draw_input_field('firstname', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputFirstName" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME . '"');
        echo FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT;
        if (tep_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT)) echo '<span class="help-block">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>';
        ?>
      </div>
    </div>

If you like one of these 2 solutions, I would apply them to all files with input fields and commit the changes in GitHub.

Another suggestion: use touchscreen-friendly select buttons instead of standard radio for the gender selection

best regards

Rainer

Go ahead - I can then take it and test it :thumbsup:

Which one or both?

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived