• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@PupStar - the new system looks daunting, not? In fact, I believe it's quite straightforward once you get into the nuts and bolts of it. What you've done is amended the "template" file without changing the "control" file. That has to be a good thing, as the template file would never be changed on an osc update...hence your template file would never change (making life easier when updating, as your site maintains its look)...makes sense ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@PupStar - the new system looks daunting, not? In fact, I believe it's quite straightforward once you get into the nuts and bolts of it. What you've done is amended the "template" file without changing the "control" file. That has to be a good thing, as the template file would never be changed on an osc update...hence your template file would never change (making life easier when updating, as your site maintains its look)...makes sense ?

yeah its making more sense all the time.

I have added a clearfix div to the end of the template file but it does not seem to work. The columns are still butted upto the navbar.

any ideas?

Why is the global class itself not is used :

in the cm_header_buttons.php  we add $cart global:

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate, $cart;

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_BUTTONS_CONTENT_WIDTH;

ob_start();
      include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'content/' . $this->group . '/templates/buttons.php');
      $template = ob_get_clean();

$oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group);
    }

in the includes/modules/content/header/templates/buttons.php we change:

$_SESSION['cart']

so it looks like:

<div id="headerShortcuts" class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> text-right">
  <div class="btn-group">
<?php

echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart', tep_href_link('shopping_cart.php')) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'glyphicon glyphicon-credit-card', tep_href_link('checkout_shipping.php', '', 'SSL')) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'glyphicon glyphicon-user', tep_href_link('account.php', '', 'SSL'));

if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) {
    echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, 'glyphicon glyphicon-log-out', tep_href_link('logoff.php', '', 'SSL'));
  }
?>
  </div>
</div>

This works as user (someone need to test with the google thingy)

That works perfectly now with these changes, no error when fetching as Google.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me, give it a go.

Here's the one I made earlier.

Changes from (desktop etc):

attachicon.gifcart_desktop.jpg

To (phone):

attachicon.gifcart_phone.jpg

@@burt

Hi Gary, I have created the following cart in header content module

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2014 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class cm_header_cart {
    var $code;
    var $group;
    var $title;
    var $description;
    var $sort_order;
    var $enabled = false;

function cm_header_cart() {
      $this->code = get_class($this);
      $this->group = basename(dirname(__FILE__));

$this->title = MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_DESCRIPTION;

if ( defined('MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_STATUS') ) {
        $this->sort_order = MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_SORT_ORDER;
        $this->enabled = (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_STATUS == 'True');
      }
    }

function execute() {

global $PHP_SELF, $cart, $currencies, $HTTP_GET_VARS, $request_type, $currency, $oscTemplate;

$content_width = MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_CONTENT_WIDTH;

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

$cart_box .= '  <div>' . sprintf(HEADER_CART_HAS_CONTENTS, $cart->count_contents(), $currencies->format($cart->show_total())) . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="input-group-btn"><button type="submit" class="btn btn-info"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart fa-lg"></i></button></span></a></div>';
      }else{
      $cart_box .= '<li>' . HEADER_CART_NO_CONTENTS . '</li>';
      }

ob_start();
      include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'content/' . $this->group . '/templates/cart.php');
      $template = ob_get_clean();

$oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group);
    }

function isEnabled() {
      return $this->enabled;
    }

function check() {
      return defined('MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_STATUS');
    }

function install() {
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Shopping Cart Box Module', 'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to enable the Shopping Cart Box content module?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Content Width', 'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_CONTENT_WIDTH', '4', 'What width container should the content be shown in?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'12\', \'11\', \'10\', \'9\', \'8\', \'7\', \'6\', \'5\', \'4\', \'3\', \'2\', \'1\'), ', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
    }

function remove() {
      tep_db_query("delete from configuration where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
    }

function keys() {
      return array('MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_STATUS', 'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_CONTENT_WIDTH', 'MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_CART_SORT_ORDER');
    }
  }

and the template file as so

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?>">
  <?php echo $cart_box; ?>
</div>

as you can I have no styling in the <div> as I am not sure how to style it to look like the search box next to it

Hello,

One suggestion for BS 2.3.4 and the future OsC 2.4 version.

I'm planning to add a phone button to the next version of my iosc Mobile add-on.
This button is placed on the contact page and optional in the header and will show the store phone and use the following code to trigger the phone dialer on mobile phones when clicking on the button:

<a href="tel:00-123-45-67">Tel. 00 123 45 67</a>

The Mobile Add-On uses a different set of pages for mobile devices, so its easy to show the buttons only on the mobile pages, not on the desktop store.

As far as I could see, BS 2.3.4 and the future OsC 2.4 version will only use device resolution (width) for the responsive design. So no way to trigger device specific features like a phone call only for devices with phone capacity.

Wouldn't it be interesting to include the Wurfl library to BS 2.3.4 and OsC 2.4:
http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/

This would allow to retrieve all device specific features and dispose them to be used to trigger features like the phone button and much more only if available on the visitors device.

Kind regards
Rainer

@@PupStar as a possible way, you'd need to look at the btn classes to get the look a bit like like the searchbox -> http://getbootstrap.com/css/#buttons-tags and group them.

I tried this:

<div class="btn-group" role="group">
    <button type="button" class="btn btn-info"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart"></i></button>
    <button type="button" class="btn btn-default">2 products totalling $99</button>
  </div>
</div>

@@PupStar as a possible way, you'd need to look at the btn classes to get the look a bit like like the searchbox -> http://getbootstrap.com/css/#buttons-tags and group them.

I tried this:

<button type="button" class="btn btn-info"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart"></i></button>
  </div>
</div>

Hello @@burt,

Not sure if I explained correct,

Using device resolution (size - $content_width) will not work to find out if the device has phone capability or not. Some high end mobile phones have high resolutions like desktop screens, some low end tablets may have low resolution, but no phone feature.

Wurfl project does just this: extract all possible device features to be able to show for example the phone button only if the visitors device has  phone capability.

regards

Rainer

I'm not sure I'm understanding what it is that you just said...sorry.

We dont work with resolution, we work with viewport size.  As all mobile phones are XS, we can use the XS helpers to hide and show content.

There seems to be little value in adding wurfl.

I tried this:

</div>
</div>

@@burt

ok nearly there, cheers mate

I changed it to the following

$cart_box .= '<div class="searchbox-margin"">
                        <button type="button" class="btn btn-default">' . sprintf(HEADER_CART_HAS_CONTENTS, $cart->count_contents(), $currencies->format($cart->show_total())) . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="input-group-btn"><button type="submit" class="btn btn-info"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart fa-lg"></i></button></span></a></button>
                      </div>
                    </div>';
      }else{
      $cart_box .= '<li>' . HEADER_CART_NO_CONTENTS . '</li>';
      }

I changed the first <div> as it was causing alignment issues 

and besides this should be in the template file should it not?

Now the only thing left to sort is how to butt the button to the field without the rounded corners on the left hand side of the button

OK, sorry. For the simple phone feature xs maybe enough.

But Wurfl would give much more device specific information which could be used for example to offer a Skype call button (callto:), if skype is installed. Retrieve the correct phone trigger code: most modern devices work with tel:, other phones use: wtai://wp/mc;

And a large list of device specific information which could be used to show and trigger device specific features.

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/b133ee05804fcdfcb338ea8c38171e17248e4ee8

this commit introduces the concept of templatable boxes, for anyone who wants to try them, let me know your thoughts.

Note that this is not committed to Master, only in a branch (for testing purposes).

Did anyone try these changes on a test site ?  Any thoughts on it ?

Thanks

@@PupStar give it a go as you will find those cart changes a lot easier in the template file (for the box module)...let me know your thoughts?

@@burt

I will have a go when I get a minute from doing housework before going back to the slog tomorrow

would you mind re-reading post #1226 and let me know your thought about the button issue.T

thanks

1226 is Raiwa's post which I don't think you want me to look at...

To make the cart like a button, use a cart module (with a template file), and do:

<button type="button" class="btn btn-default">SPRINTF HERE</button>
  </div>
</div>

Forget the other line that says "empty"..

<?php
echo '<span class="visible-xs"><a href="tel:00-123-45-67">Tel. 00 123 45 67</a></span>Tel. 00 123 45 67';
?>

is a possible way.

Hello again,

How about this then for the contact box:

$data .= '    <address>' .
               '      <strong>' . STORE_NAME . '</strong><br>' . nl2br(STORE_ADDRESS) . '<br>' .
               '      <span class="hidden-xs"><abbr title="Phone">P:</abbr> ' . STORE_PHONE . '</span><br>' .
               '      <span class="visible-xs"><a class="btn btn-success btn-sm" role="button" href="Tel:' . str_replace(' ', '-', STORE_PHONE) . '"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-send"></i> P: ' . STORE_PHONE . '</a></span><br>' .
               '      <a class="btn btn-success btn-sm" role="button" href="mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-send"></i> E: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '</a></span><br>' .
               '    </address>' .
               '    <ul class="list-unstyled">' .
               '      <li><a class="btn btn-success btn-sm" role="button" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-send"></i> ' . MODULE_BOXES_CONTACT_BOX_CONTACT . '</a></li>' .
               '    </ul>';

Kind regards

Rainer

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived