• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Couple more minor issues in the latest 234bs:

Module box reviews defaults to "Product Page" on install.

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Content Placement', 'MODULE_BOXES_REVIEWS_CONTENT_PLACEMENT', 'Product Page', 'Should the module be loaded in the left or right column?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Left Column\', \'Right Column\'), ', now())");

Also should bm_information.php module (and language) files exist since it was removed here?

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/910b80fcb16060932faa7f82f019333b0366fb38

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then it would be wise to update the sql file in the github.

Maybe you can't add a pull request but i think burt should be able to change/edit the file.

I saw that you mentioned it but it wasn't changed.

@@wHiTeHaT

Yes I can see that there was a commit here https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/9eb98b6b671e7d856e3f0b808b661cb21336bea2 to "add blank line in end of file" but there must have been some misunderstanding because there are comments after the last sql statement. But as @@Tsimi and I discovered it works without these comments at the end. I notice burt recently made some changes to remove the comments https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/18fb046622c474806d6db48194445765166d48ad

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Also should bm_information.php module (and language) files exist since it was removed here?

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/910b80fcb16060932faa7f82f019333b0366fb38

Sorry. I see now. Some modules are being included but not installed by default. :x

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Not sure if these needs another thread - however, I'm wondering what the best way to keep 2.3.4bs up to date is? I have no clue how to use github - however, I can clearly see there have been lots of additions/changes since I downloaded a month or so ago by looking here https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commits/master

Should I just follow each commit and make the changes as you/the community makes improvements/changes?

In particular I was looking for the equalhights changes on index for new products on Nov 19th.

@@greasemonkey you have at least two options;

1. create a github account and fork my master.

Now you have the ability to download a master zip from your fork. You also hve the ability to press a button to get any commits I have made to MY master into YOUR master - make sense ? So far so good. Now to find that button, read this: http://www.hpique.com/2013/09/updating-a-fork-directly-from-github/

OR

2. Download my master, and keep that .zip file somewhere at your desktop. Make a note of the date you download (should possibly be in the properties of the downloaded .zip file??). Or make a note of the last commit made, this is shown in my github near to the top of the file list. Or you can press the commit button and see a list of them as you pointed out. Now you can work thru each commit adding to your master zip

#1 is the simpler way by far. Try it, post back if you need more help with doing it...

How to set up a new Github and Fork an existing project so that you have a master copy:

This shows the process takes less than 2 minutes.

I am sorry there is no sound, I could not find my headset.

Next video will show how to check that your new master is up-to-date with my master.

Pre-step to this video: I changed the README document in my master so that the burtyblotto fork would pull it in. I could just as easily have changed index.php or any other files, or 20 files or 100 files, or added new files or whatever...had I not changed at least 1 file, I could not have shown the new Pull Request system that Github recently introduced. Hope this makes sense ?

Again, no sound - sorry. It's easy to follow though.

Important Note: Once you have a master fork, it's important that you NEVER manually change it (as you might then get a conflict between a file you have updated and a file that I have changed at my master). I suspect that might lead to more questions (from those who not only want to keep a master, but also want to try their hand at coding) - I'll try my best to answer those questions as they arise, but those questions really don't affect those who simply want to keep a clean master copy. Only ever change your Master by pulling in any commits from my Master.

Hi Scott

I asked burt the same question few days ago. How can i keep my fork up to date with his new commits.

What i found to be the easiest way for me is.

Go to your fork and click on the the green button left (compare, review, create pull request)

It will probably show you this message

There isn't anything to compare

ignore that and click on the edit button right side. Now you should see a "base fork" and a "head fork" dropdown. Now switch those two. Make your fork the base one and gary's one the head fork.

The moment you change one of the dropdowns the view will change and you should see this

We’re showing branches in this repository, but you can also compare across forks.

click on the "compare across forks" link to setup the second dropdown.

Now it should show you the different commits and you should see a big "create pull request" button, click on that.

Now name it what ever you like and click on the "create pull request" button.

Now you should see this message somewhere

This pull request can be automatically merged.

with a "merge pull request" button on the right.

click on that button.

again rename it if you want or just click "confirm merge"

DONE!

Now you should see some sort of confirmation and a revert button on the right just in case you want to undo the merge/commit.

the only thing confusing about this is now that you are one commit ahead of burts, because of the merging. ignore that and keep that memorized in your head.

This is how I did it.

@@greasemonkey

So, what you have now is a fork of my master, which is your master copy. You should never ever make changes to your master, the only changes to it come from pull requests from my master. If you did make changes to your master, you would introduce conflicts between your changes and my changes that you are attempting to pull. And that's a pain in the ass to solve.

What's next? On the next rainy afternoon, download sourcetree and have a play with it, there are many tutorials - basics is that you need to create a "branch" for your changes, and only ever work on that branch. You can then pull from my master to your master, and if necessary (to solve conflicts) manually apply the conflicted changes into your branch. That sounds complicated but is not really once you get to grips with it.

In summary

- make a master copy of my master - aka "fork".

- never make any direct changes to that master other than to pull from my master

- make a branch (or new fork of your fork) and work on that

@@Tsimi thank you kindly for the hints...

@@joli1811 lol yes.... It seems as I was looking for step 3.

@@burt thank you very kindly - I'm starting to get it. And just for the record (I need to correct myself) I'm in Toronto... It doesn't often "rain" in late November :( :( :(  so I will have to wait until the next "snowy" afternoon.

Just a thought, maybe a new thread just for basic github help would be appropriate? As I'm sure to be asking more questions and I didn't want this thread to get too far off topic.

Header Content Modules:

When header content module 'buttons' is enabled, it throws a PHP error on my system.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /var/www/html/includes/modules/content/header/templates/buttons.php on line 4

Additionally, while it displays correctly on all browsers I tested, as a normal user, if the user agent is googlebot it will throw up a 500 page error and display only the nav bar.

Line 4 is

echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart', tep_href_link('shopping_cart.php')) .

Cheers

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@@frankl - I don't get an error like that...can you try this:

open up /includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_buttons.php

Find this:

global $oscTemplate;

Change to:

global $oscTemplate, $cart;

See if that fixes it?

No, still the same. PHP version is 5.2.17

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

• burt locked this topic