• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Make a new post so that one of the Bootstrap users can help you out.  

This thread is solely for discussion about the base code, ideas, enhancements, bugs and so on.

It makes it difficult to have other conversations inside the thread.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a link to post suggestions here:

Any way to get the top bar to sticky, with a less opacity?

Thumbnail handling for faster site loading?

Lastly, what happened to the bottom section of product_info.php that shows what other customers has purchased?

These are just comments... Not request or anything.

Lastly, what happened to the bottom section of product_info.php that shows what other customers has purchased?

It's there. I installed it, and see it available. I didn't see it in the test site.

Sorry about making noise...

Hi,

Just doing my  bootstrap better to write before I forget

mini bug includes/modules/boxes/bm_card_acceptance.php

'  <div class="panel-body" class="text-center">';

should be I think

'  <div class="panel-body text-center">';
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

So the latest release(2.3.4) is now using bootstrap and Burt is creating his own version which is labeled as 2.3.4-bootstrap.

I like it dont get me wrong..........however the latest release is way ahead of Burts version as far as updates go, why?

Looking at file commits on github they just dont line up version number wise its a bit confusing.

Oh and Burt your version looks better :thumbsup:

@@Cymon Sez

Latest version osCommerce 2.3.4 on oscommerce website is standard. I think it still uses the 960-grid

Latest version gburton/osCommerce234bootstrap is the latest version osCommerce built on latest Bootstrap 3.0

They are, I believe, the same functionality, but different framework

Correct me if I'm wrong. I just like responding on the forums...

@@newburns the 960gs has been removed from version 2.3.4 on osc and replaced with bootstrap

language, cart and currencies have all been changed to sessions as well as http vars have been updated to superglobals(other changes as well), Burts version still has the codebase from 2.3.3.4 from the looks of it

2.4 directory and file structure is different I am looking at latest on github which has the dir and file structure of 2.3.4 with all the changes I listed earlier(even says 2.3.4 in version checker)

Looking for clarification here not trying to doom the world just a bit confused on the release numbers

I have no clue what you're looking at if you don't post a URL.

You can get 2.3.4 at http://www.oscommerce.com/Products

You can get the Community Built BS version at https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap

2.4 development is based on 2.3.4 and is ongoing at https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2

Therefore, with respect to this thread, the Community Built BS version can be found at:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap

It's all BS.

HEHE

BS*** :D

can't help but I'm always reading it the BS**** way - relieved I'm not the only one (w00t)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Amazing, 55 pages in this thread, and most all of it is about BS.

once you find a good BS topic, it is easy to keep on going on and on and on and on ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@acidvertigo  Somewhat - I haven't given up on it, but life called and said I need to go to work. I hope to move on with the file changes in the next couple of weeks. I think it is close to the point where many of the files will have similar enough changes to run with it.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Quick question why have we x 2 closing breaks in product_info.php

<strong><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></strong><br /><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute, 'style="width: 200px;"'); ?><br />

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi all,

I don't know if you've noticed, or there has already been a fix for this that I missed, but there are holes in the "New Products" display.

(I do have latest 2.3.4 BS3 installed) 

Possible solution so that .col-md-4 will adjust to largest one, thus creating uniform grid:

(see attached before and after screen shots)

<script><!--

$(document).on("ready", function() {
  var element_height = 0;

$('.col-md-4:first').parent().each(function() {
    $(this).children('.col-md-4').each(function() {
      if ($(this).height() > element_height) {
        element_height = $(this).height();
      }
    });
  });

$('.col-md-4:first').parent().each(function() {
    $(this).children('.col-md-4').each(function() {
      $(this).height(element_height);
    });
  });

});

//--></script>

post-290729-0-26727300-1416221403_thumb.jpg

post-290729-0-03367200-1416221432_thumb.jpg

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived