osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt

Oddly enough it is in there, last line of the oscommerce.sql

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/blob/master/install/oscommerce.sql

I double checked the module, and the key is there.

hmmmm

That part of the install was a direct copy from the 2.3.4 sql

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@@burt,

Could you please review this commit to add it to the project? If someone upgrades from an old 2.2 database or has disabled action recorder module login is not allowed to the new admin.

https://github.com/Piernas/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/commit/ef508fcd38f367d6df019b67b42ba1cd5a6b51e6

It took me an hour of research first time it happened, and I have to do it again and again every time I do a clean install, so Im sure others may be on the same situation and this small change wil fix the problem.

Thank you. I'm planning to upgrade my current shop and as a lot of work adapting addons and mods will be done I'm trying to figure out what will change in the near future and what not. If this will not happen soon I'll use this code in my shop.

One suggestion: image directory is still filled up wth a lot of unused files (table_background_XXXXXX,gif, account_XXXXXX.gif, box_XXX.gif)  that can be safely removed as OSC bootstrap version does not use them anymore.

Just starting a new small project and was thinking to use this community build. I've just downloaded v2.3.4 from github and all looks good... I'm in the process of installing and the only issue I've seen is - I previously downloaded the v2.3.3.4 build and became momentarily confused when I notice the zip file still called 2.3.3.4 (osCommerce-2334-bootstrap-master.zip). Maybe it should be updated to osCommerce-234-bootstrap-master.zip?

I don't know anything about github... so maybe this is off base. If so, my apologies.

Just starting a new small project and was thinking to use this community build. I've just downloaded v2.3.4 from github and all looks good... I'm in the process of installing and the only issue I've seen is - I previously downloaded the v2.3.3.4 build and became momentarily confused when I notice the zip file still called 2.3.3.4 (osCommerce-2334-bootstrap-master.zip). Maybe it should be updated to osCommerce-234-bootstrap-master.zip?

I don't know anything about github... so maybe this is off base. If so, my apologies.

It should be changed, but I am not exactly sure how to do that. I updated the readme.md file to reflect that is now 234 instead of 2334.

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap

I think I managed to change it. The old URL should redirect to this also.

yes it does

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap

I think I managed to change it. The old URL should redirect to this also.

Is this the exact version thats on the demo URL in the first post of this thread?

Whereabouts is the menu code located? i'd like to move the shopping cart link into a fixed icon near the header.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

@@wHiTeHaT wow that was quick - I presume I can just run this line?

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER', '2000', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now()); +

@@burt this was a fresh install - not an upgrade.

@@burt Thanks kindly, yes - that is where I found;

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER', '2000', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now());

Instead of re-running the install (and having to start my config all over again) I thought I could just run this line in phpmyadmin - no?

Anyone try to install Master Products with bootstrap?

First off, thanks to Burt et.all for this awesome contribution.

We are doing a fresh install of an old site then porting everything over. So far we have no mods yet, but am trying to install Master Products:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7738

Running into a lot of issues. Been trouble shooting since last week. Just wondering if anyone's pulled it off and if you have tips.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Is there a better form for asking about a combination of mods? (note: we are using this bootstrap mod as our base, hence the reason for posting here.)

Thanks

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived