• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@burt Re post #839

Did this, downloaded from the link provided, checkout-shipping.php and got this

post-276414-0-50118600-1401224343_thumb.jpg

and the rest of the page was the same as the "standard" page.

I think I must be stupid as Ive obviously done something wrong guess its all about learning.

Cheers

Grandpa

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt

Tested on local, looks as your screenshot does, performs as expected. Just need the whole row to select the radio when when clicked.

I think I pasted some code for the shipping and payment method tables somewhere a zillion pages back in this thread. I'll have to see if I can find it.

I think that's about the time you said we were not going back to tables, though we are dealing with tabular data. (w00t)

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi @@burt

I downloaded the latest version of checkout_shipping.php.

I had to test locally as I only have one shipping method on live site.

The clickable row appears to work great.

On my monitor there is virtually no difference between the highlight grey colour and the grey on the striped table alternate lines, however it is not a problem.

I’ve attached a screen capture

http://tinyurl.com/msvj4xa

Regards

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

@@burt with the release of 2.3.4 is the intention to now release a 2.3.4 BS version and if so any idea on the timeline? I'm wanting to update to 2.3.4 and looking for a BS version but I really don't want to have to tackle it twice.

@@burt I'm willing to help in any way I can Gary....I have a copy of Beyond Compare and I can walk through it file by file and produce a zip file of the changed files. Maybe we can get a few folks involved and walk through it fairly quickly. Just so we're on the same page here is a comparison report on the catalog directory...as I understand the task you'd like me to merge the individual changes/differences between the files (2.3.3.4BS to 2.3.4) into a new combined file and then zip them up for you. Is that what you'd like?

http://www.aquarist.info/osc_project/Catalog_Directory_Compare_Report.html

@@Dan Cole = easier to take a 2334bs and work through the "file changes" on

http://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&release_notes&v2_3_4

Then zip up the result and send to me.

I have already done this, but would like at least one other person to do the same, so that I can compare my changes agsinst the other persons. Even better would be for someone else as well as you to volunteer to do the same and also send me the result, so that I can compare the three.

Thanks.

Taking a new 234 and working it, to make the same changes we made in 2334 > 2334bs would be far too much work. Easier as above to go 2334bs > file changes walkthru = 234bs

@@Dan Cole = easier to take a 2334bs and work through the "file changes" on

http://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&release_notes&v2_3_4

Taking a new 234 and working it, to make the same changes we made in 2334 > 2334bs would be far too much work. Easier as above to go 2334bs > file changes walkthru = 234bs

I wondered about that...will do Gary, unless someone else in addition to Ken beats me to it.

Dan

I have a zip file ready for Gary too...just sent him a PM to find out where I should send it. Does anyone else have one ready in case he needs another?

Hi @@burt

Thanks for quick anwer. I have downloaded and set it up while i was waiting for an answer and get the issue that when clicking on a product it shows a blank page. Was there a update between 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 that moified the database that you know of or is it another issue?

Thanks for your help Burt

I've just known about this project. I must say I was stuck with my heavily modified 2.2 shop for several years. I didn't upgrade to 2.3 because there was many work to do, many contributions and patches done by myself and few real benefits on the client side. But this responsive version looks really great! I'm starting to test it and port all my contributions to 2.3.3.4BS. I think it will take ages but I think it's worth the time.

Just one question: Is this planned to be integrated into next official version or is it a paralell version?

Hi @@burt

I think there is a problem with the sort order of new products.

When going to look at the new products and the customer first clicks the ‘Whats New’ link the customer is taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php

This link correctly displays the first page of new products sorted by newest product first.

Now when the customer wishes to view the next page (page 2) he is then taken to

www.myshop/products_new.php?sort=2a&page=2

As you will see page 2 now has ‘?sort=2a’ added which means that the customer is no longer looking at the products by date added order. The products are now in description ascending order and there is no way to look at page 2 by date added order.

Regards

Ken

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived