• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@toyicebear - this is your department, would you take a look at the code please.

Don't bother, I amended the code.

just in case have made the change on git.....

@@burt

on your test site http://template.me.uk/2334bs3/ , the icons in the top bar (black background) don't show properly, it looks like the characters don't exist in the font.

Also the home icon is missing - I've refreshed the page, so I would think I do have the latest css files needed

I'm on FF28.0 on windows 7 starter

then when I accessed the create account page, the icons are fetched properly ...

so issue is solved, but I'm puzzled why/what happened

I may actually have an answer for this. In configure.php, is the http server set to 'localhost' ?

Malcolm

** oops **

Correction ... (oops) ... on my test site, I see the same thing ... until I click on the home icon. Then, once osC assigns an osCsid, the strange displays change to the correct icon.

Here's my test site. As I said, I've stripped it down to the bare minimums. Oh, I've also merged the SEO Header Tags patch into this.

http://www.shelbowhispertips.com

(Any chance to get these two 'officially' combined?)

Malcolm

-ok ... last update ...

If I visit shelbowhispertips.com, I see the wrong icons ... until I click on something, and osC assigns an osCsid.

If I visit www.shelbowhispertips, I see the correct icons

(last time ... I hope)

Malcolm

It is because you have the configure file set up as www.site.com but you are visiting site.com

There is a potential fix further back in the thread, search for it, try it, and let me know if it cures it.

Hi

I have just downloaded from

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap

however my site looks nothing like

http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/index.php

it looks like the screenshot. I thought I had done everything correctly but it seems not. What do I need to do please.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Got it sorted my database somehow was slightly corupt.Cheers

You're a coder. Make the code, let me see it in action.

Would take me months, by the time I get my head around BS, plus no other distractions. I may be able to adapt code, at times, but 'fresh' code is much rarer for me! :-

Would take me months, by the time I get my head around BS, plus no other distractions. I may be able to adapt code, at times, but 'fresh' code is much rarer for me! :-

Ah, that's easy. :) Replace in classes / osc_template the function hasBlocks by:

function hasBlocks($group) {
 global $PHP_SELF;
 if ($PHP_SELF == 'checkout_shipping.php' || $PHP_SELF == 'checkout_payment.php' || $PHP_SELF == 'checkout_confirmation.php') {
			 return 0;
 } else {
			 return (isset($this->_blocks[$group]) && !empty($this->_blocks[$group]));
 }
}

or by:

function hasBlocks($group) {
 if(stristr($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], 'checkout') === FALSE) {
 return (isset($this->_blocks[$group]) && !empty($this->_blocks[$group]));
   }
 }

But I think it is not really necessary to remove the remaining left column. In the normal view, it is not disturbing, in the collapsed view it slips down and is out of the way.

See, this is what I'm getting at.

Removing from desktop pages wasn't a priority (though nice). For mobile screens, it will make a big difference and improves the Human Computer Interaction.

I had mulled over using PHP_SELF and conditionals. By the time I had figured out how to put it all together "properly coded" (who said that?), I would have required a number of haircuts - if it hadn't fallen out by then!

(w00t)

[i once had the job title of Snr. Programmer but have never been a commercial Programmer - Systems Engineer, possibly being more appropriate.]

What is "SEO Header Tags patch" ?

This one Malcolm??

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8864

If yes then +1

Ken

Yes, that one. I needed the category comments (which you can see that I used on my test site), and gained the SEO functions as a bonus.

My last change will be to incorporate some type of guest checkout.

Thanks, everyone

Malcolm

A couple of more questions ...

(I am using a release of "Bootstrap 3 in 2.3.3.4 - Responsive" from about a week ago, so this may have already been addressed ... )

The footer is essentially divided into four columns. I have disabled the 'generic text' box in the footer. How can I make the 'Contact Us' box now span the two right columns, instead of leaving essentially a blank column?

When I test my site by expanding and contracting my browser, there's a point when the green 'Existing Customer? Log In' box extends into the 'Contact Us' column. This only happens in a very narrow range of screen widths, though.

Thanks again!

Malcolm

@@burt

And many thanks to you Gary,

I am sure this responsive version will keep or increase a number of osCommerce users. Let’s hope HPDL now adds it to the main download page.

It’s been a pleasure, thanks everyone.

Regards

Ken

I have a few more issues to address, Im going to make another fork - as I tend to just rape, plunder and bring mine to a totally hard to follow place -

1) Pagination - there is a bug where you can click on the disabled previous or next link and it sets the URI differently yet reloads the page with the same content.

2) New Products Module - I know its came up a lot, and Ive just been waiting - but I need to apply the same grid only elements to it that the grid/list view uses. No option for list view, only grid. But it should share the same markup and css for consistency.

@@burt

3? - not sure about this one, but checkout_shipping_address.php - If a different shipping address is already selected, the row of addresses to select from, still displays the default address as selected (only that row under the details) <--- should that not be swiched from $customers_default_address to $sendto? and the same goes for checkout_payment_address.php

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I must also add my thanks to the people giving their time to make this responsive set up work. I have felt unable to give my views as I have no way of testing on smaller products. I am an oldie with no technology. I thought a table was something that cured a headache. Its as much as I can do to make a phone call using a mobile phone. Half of the posts of this thread I have not understood.

I hope the effort will be rewarded with this, or something similar being added to the main version of oscommerce. as a responsive version is required today. I have checked my logs, and have been surprised by the number of people using tablets or mobile devices to view my site.

Well done t all those involved especially burt who seems to b putting a lot of effort into the community and oscmmece.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived