• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

And for those who are not developers but want to help;

visit (in your phone, tablet, computer) http://template.me.uk/2334bs3/ and report any bugs or display problems.

Thanks

Hi Gary,

First time I have seen this problem maybe caused by some recent changes on first page load the glyphicon icons are not appearing after first click all is ok

Using firefox normal laptop

John

post-185951-0-44539400-1395860675_thumb.jpg

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gary,

First time I have seen this problem maybe caused by some recent changes on first page load the glyphicon icons are not appearing after first click all is ok

Using firefox normal laptop

John

that sometimes happens to me but is ok after couple of refreshes.

One small point. On wider resolutions, when the footer spreads itself out, the Mastercard and part of the Paypal icons are hidden by the floating return to top device

The return to top thing is not going to make it into Core as it stands as it does not work on mobile devices :(

I don't know why that is.

Online demo of some header and footer changes: http://bettercheckout.com/demo/2334_BS3/

In the small view when the top navigation is collapsed, selecting one of the dropdowns (settings or account) gives a scrollbar on the right, I personally feel it would be better if the area just expanded as needed, so you only keep one (browser) scrollbar.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

The return to top thing is not going to make it into Core as it stands as it does not work on mobile devices :(

On my mobile it works like a charm.

Tested in vertical and horizontal view.

@@joli1811@@PupStar

That happens if the URL doesn't have the www first.

We have already see this bug while using fontawesome + bootstrap. To solve it we had this in htaccess

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

@@burt

Tested the search on your test site: Searched for "Microsoft" - 4 items found - displayed in a list: 1. item displayed in a full width box, 2. item in a 2/3 box, 3. has an undefined width and 4. nearly half width.

Now I click on the grid button, but it doesn't switch to the grid view, but I will headed back to the default site.

We have already see this bug while using fontawesome + bootstrap. To solve it we had this in htaccess

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

I added this to the test shop .htaccess, could those who were getting a problem, test it again;

http://template.me.uk/2334bs3/index.php

and report if it is now OK (or still broken).

I added this to the test shop .htaccess, could those who were getting a problem, test it again;

http://template.me.uk/2334bs3/index.php

and report if it is now OK (or still broken).

Fixed in firefox but IE bug explorer seems to have lost the plot

Viewing with laptop

The solution was to move the loading of HTML5Shiv from the <head> section to just before the </body> tag.

Just something I have picked up on google worth a quick try maybe

<!-- Bootstrap -->

<link href="ext/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<!-- Custom -->

<link href="custom.css" rel="stylesheet">

<!-- User -->

<link href="user.css" rel="stylesheet">

<script src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

<script src="ext/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen,projection" href="ext/uitotop/css/ui.totop.css" /></head>

<!-- HTML5 Shim and Respond.js IE8 support of HTML5 elements and media queries -->

<!-- WARNING: Respond.js doesn't work if you view the page via file:// -->

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/html5shiv/3.7.0/html5shiv.js"></script>

<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/respond.js/1.4.2/respond.min.js"></script>

<![endif]-->

<body>

Hint: admin > modules > header_tags > grid/list > {edit} > look at the page list. Even an amateur can do this ;)

Stupid of me! :blush:

But the real problem is the presentation of search results.

@@burt

This effect particularly annoys me, see attached image. This is where (in smaller viewports) 1 line of nav moves under the other. What do others think ?

I don't get that Gary....my screen very nicely goes from this to this...

post-182953-0-81612200-1395922706_thumb.jpg

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived