• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you using some rubbish tool like ctrl_alt_m in firefox ?

:blush: checking with my real phone now.....hold on....

you are right the last two images can be ignored. these images now are screenshots of my phone.

look at the strange icons (standart android browser, NOT chrome!)

http://pho.to/4rABt

Cool icons LOL! I honestly don't know where they come from, that doesn't happen in my testing...let's see if someone else sees a similar problem.

:D japanese phone maybe?? that's the only explanation i can think of. it doesn't happen with chrome on my phone.

have you seen these images? horizontal, grid and list view. is this intended to look like this?

http://pho.to/4rABt/6q

http://pho.to/4rABt/3j

@@burt

not much feedback but i did look at your checkout page.

I noticed the strong label around the panel heading in this checkout pages and wondered if that is necessary as I though it would be more logical to do it in the css.

I also found the placement of the method boxes and different use of colors odd.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hi @@burt

I don't know what the layout in a standard 2.3.3.4 shop looks like but shouldn't the prices be shown in these product boxes?

@@burt

not much feedback but i did look at your checkout page.

Any and all feedback not matter how much or little is very welcome!

I noticed the strong label around the panel heading in this checkout pages and wondered if that is necessary as I though it would be more logical to do it in the css.

I think I just copy/pasted from 2.3.3.4 the data, and wanted to get the "grunt work" done so tests (like yours) can happen. I'll look into the use of strong.

I also found the placement of the method boxes and different use of colors odd.

In checkout_confirmation ? Or somewhere else ?

I don't know what the layout in a standard 2.3.3.4 shop looks like but shouldn't the prices be shown in these product boxes?

Yes, in standard 2.3 the price is shown in the new products for month box. I guess we could add it back in, which would bring it closer to how 2.3 presently is in terms of layout.

:D japanese phone maybe?? that's the only explanation i can think of. it doesn't happen with chrome on my phone.

have you seen these images? horizontal, grid and list view. is this intended to look like this?

http://pho.to/4rABt/6q

http://pho.to/4rABt/3j

We're (well the other Gary) :D is working on the product listing pages, as soon as that's finalised I'll commit it into Master.

Today Im going to take out the fancy css that makes everything move when switching views, consolidate the css down as tight as possible and then commit. I'll post back when the changes are done

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@@burt

Yes, in standard 2.3 the price is shown in the new products for month box. I guess we could add it back in, which would bring it closer to how 2.3 presently is in terms of layout.

If we're going to have a buy button there it is probably needed. BTW, did you want comments on the info boxes? I noticed that some of them needed a bit of work...at least to me they did.

BTW, did you want comments on the info boxes? I noticed that some of them needed a bit of work...at least to me they did.

Comments on anything and everything is welcome. I can't say that your comments/ideas would be acted upon but I would give a reason why that would be the case...

@@burt

Comments on anything and everything is welcome. I can't say that your comments/ideas would be acted upon but I would give a reason why that would be the case...

Fair enough. The first info box that I'm not a fan of is the Specials Box...the font size seems way to small and I find it impossible to read...it could perhaps use a bit of color too. I also wonder if both the Specials and the What's New boxes shouldn't have view/buy buttons to be consistent with the other product boxes. Here is a snap shot of the Specials box so you can see what I see.

@@burt

One more before I call it a day. I'm viewing this in what you referred to as the fire fox crappy viewer so keep that in mind....if others see the same thing I'm thinking it would be better to have the buy button end up to the right of the price rather than wrapping below it as it does in this view.

@@burt

One more before I call it a day. I'm viewing this in what you referred to as the fire fox crappy viewer so keep that in mind....if others see the same thing I'm thinking it would be better to have the buy button end up to the right of the price rather than wrapping below it as it does in this view.

Yep, that tool gives a false result as it does not scale the image...

But that is the product listing which @ is working on, expect some good changes in there imminently.

@@burt

Fair enough. The first info box that I'm not a fan of is the Specials Box...the font size seems way to small and I find it impossible to read...it could perhaps use a bit of color too. I also wonder if both the Specials and the What's New boxes shouldn't have view/buy buttons to be consistent with the other product boxes. Here is a snap shot of the Specials box so you can see what I see.

They don't have buy buttons in normal osc, so I don't think it's ideal to add them into this osc (maybe this can be done as an "add on"). The font size of the <del> price is controlled by .css - I'll look into this.

Edit: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/commit/4c5a9beec04d7e96c537227e68a93a63e20704f6

For the header area I imagine something like the header of bootsnipp dot com where we have a;

navbar containing some links and bits

a graphical area where the store logo would go

another navbar containing the breadcrumb

Any thoughts on that ?

For the header...I like that @@burt

The thing I wonder about is whether the main navigation bar shouldn't stay on the page...ie fixed to the top of page so it stays in place as you scoll down the page. Maybe a configuration option to do that for those who want and those who don't.

http://wsfive.com/bs-master/index.php?cPath=3_10

I believe this one is ready, I did a lot of tweaking and have tested on iphone and works well, even with two grids side by side.

If selecting grid in mobile, it looks much like the new products module, but choose list and you get a few more details.

Added 2 keys to ht_ module, default grid in desktop view and default in mobile. Use can select from 1 to four for desktop, and 1 or 2 for mobile.

I'll be committing after I triple check it twice.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@

I'm liking it a lot Gary and while I don't what to seem picky is it possible to get rid of the partial lines that show up on some of the product boxes while your triple checking it twice....I've circled what I'm referring to on the attached image.

@@Dan Cole

Ah, yes, it just needs a bit more height there.

That area actually is the make it or break it spot, if there is not a fixed height then the boxes have chance to all be different heights.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

More testing would be very much appreciated: http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/

Any problem/inconsistency, no matter how large or small, please point it out.

If you have seen something that works well on an example bootstrapped site, please let us know. An example header area? An example footer area? An example widget that does the washing up....even an example design that you like the look of. We are all ears, without YOUR input the project won't reach its full potential. Thanks.

Hi

I think maybe the ‘Upcoming Products’ module would look better styled with panel-default rather than panel-info.

The glyphicon-shopping-cart icons in the Order History are getting cut off in bm_order_history.php

Regards

Ken

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived