Latest News: (loading..)
jeu4328

How to create form in ckeditor

I'm trying to learn how to create a form in my Admin/Catalog using ckeditor.

I can see where I need to click to add Radio buttons to my form ... but I am not sure how to format each of the fields within the radio button to make sure it functions properly.

I would like to do the following:

List more than one option in each section of form.

Have a Radio button and picture of item on one line with a few words centered under each photo.

Have 3 items per row and several rows.

Have various items to choose from within a section, but only one that can be selected at a time.

I would like to set it up so that none of the selections can be left blank.

Sample: ( ' * ' represents radio button )

1) What would you like to purchase:

* Image * Image * Image

Item 1 Item 2 Item 3

2) Please select image to be stamped on your item:

* Image * Image * Image

name of design 1 name of design 2 name of design 3

(and so forth)

I've looked on ckeditor.com to see if I can find a 'cheat sheet' of some sort that will help me, but I have not had any luck thus far.

I have also looked on youtube for video help ... but to no avail.

I'm thinking that each item in each section will need to be coded with the same code so that only one can be selected from each section ... but I have no clue what that would be.

Would this be the correct way to create a form in osCommerce? Or would it be better for me to create the form offline with a different program and cut and past the html code into ckeditor within Admin/Catalog? If so, is there a free program that I can use to do that?

Can anyone give me guidance as to where I can find this information, or possibly what I need to enter (and in which field) so that I am doing it correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jewell

Forget about creditor or any kind of editor for this, you need to do it in php

Not very sure what you want to achieve, bt it sounds like doable with options. You can take a look at the "options type" addon

I've looked through the Add-Ons and I'm not finding what I need.

However, I DID check out the Admin/Product Attributes and discovered that I can have more than one option for each product. (Big DUH on my part! :wacko: )

QUESTIONS:

Can anyone tell me how I would go about changing the display from drop down box to individually listed items/attributes with a radio button next to each one?

Is there a way to add a picture above each of the attribute options?

Thank you,

Jewell :)

Give more detail;

Option = Colour

Value = Red

Value = Blue

Value = Green

An Attribute is given to a product by attaching a option/value combo.

So what is it that you need to add an image to ?

The Option, or the individual Values of that Option ?

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Hi, Burt: :)

The following is an example of the type of thing I'd like to do:

(I'd like to have the customer only be able to select 1 choice from each option)

Option 1: What type of card would you like to purchase?

A) Greeting Card w/ top fold (Picture of example)

B) Greeting Card w/ side fold (Picture of example)

Option 2: What color of Stationary would you like?

A) Cream (Picture of color chip)

B) Blue (Picture of color chip)

C) Yellow (Picture of color chip)

D) White (Picture of color chip)

etc.

Option 3: What design would you like on the outside of the card? (I have 25 options to choose from and would like for customers to see each design)

A) Flower (Picture of design)

B) Heart (Picture of design)

C) Bird (Picture of design)

etc.

Option 4: What color would you like your embossed design to be?

A) Black (Sample of card with this color embossing)

B) White (Sample of card with this color embossing)

C) Yellow (Sample of card with this color embossing)

etc.

That sort of thing.

Thank you,

Jewell

Edited by jeu4328

That should have read:

A) Greeting Card w/ top fold (plus Picture of example)

B) Greeting Card w/ side fold (plus Picture of example)

etc.

I would want to add a picture to the individual VALUES of the options.

Thank you,

Jewell

Edited by jeu4328

What you need is possible with option types

Examples

http://leilastyle.ch/product_info.php/bestickter-body-duftwunder-p-204

http://virhouse.com/product_info.php/granite-absolute-cream-granite-countertop-p-38

Thank you, George. I searched for it after your earlier suggestion and didn't find it so I continued looking for help. :blush:

I appreciate your posting the links. I've found the add-on and will try it out.

Thanks again! :D

Jewell

I feel as if I've landed in the depths of 'heck'! :'(

This is one of the most difficult add-ons I've ever tried to install!!!

I've managed to get through part of the installation ...Option Types v2 ... but the instructions for the AttribManager Add-on is so confusing that I'm at a loss!

It appears that I've broken my site. I'm getting error messages up the wazoo! (w00t)

I'm hoping the error messages are there because I haven't added the AttribManager Add-on portion yet.

I'm still plugging along ... if you have any suggestions as to which set of instructions I'm supposed to be following I'd surely appreciate your feedback.

Please tell me there is a light at the end of this very looooooooooooong and confusing tunnel that I've stumbled into! :blink:

Jewell

The reason I asked is because if you only needed a simple system of showing images, then the Option Types system is complete overkill. I recently came up with this idea: http://template.me.uk/testing/product_info.php?products_id=8 which has very minimal changes in the attributes system.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Hey, Burt: Thank you for letting me know.

Where can I find this add-on? I think I'd like to try it ... AFTER I undo the mess I've made trying to install the other add-on.

Thank you for your help!

Jewell

Ok ... I meant to add that last comment to a different message string. :blush: I actually STILL need help with this issue. :-

Burt, where can I find the add-on that you mentioned above? *Instead of the drop down boxes, is it possible to format it to show an image of each available option with the name below it and a radio button next to each one (or alternatively a check box next to each image when multiple choices are allowed)?

Thank you,

Jewell

This is not an addon, it is something I worked on recently for a client. It is to give you an idea of what is possible if you can get into the "engine" of osCommerce. Sounds like you want something different anyway in terms of layout, so you have some options;

- the option types addon (which as you found out is a nightmare to install)

- the option types addon (added to your shop by someone more experienced)

- some other system built to your specific needs (custom coded by someone more experienced)

Edited by burt

Hi, Gary:

Could you please send me a personal message lettingme know how much you would charge to install the module on my website?

Thank you,

Jewell

Ok ... I meant to add that last comment to a different message string. :blush: I actually STILL need help with this issue. :-

Burt, where can I find the add-on that you mentioned above? *Instead of the drop down boxes, is it possible to format it to show an image of each available option with the name below it and a radio button next to each one (or alternatively a check box next to each image when multiple choices are allowed)?

Thank you,

Jewell

@@jeu4328

There is a function in oscommerce called tep_draw_pull_down_menu. It appears in your product_info.php and makes the attribute list a drop down list. There is an add on called Options_as_Images v1.8 which will change this function to tep_draw_radio_menu. This shows a small thumb image and a title text for each option instead of the dropdown menu. The add on is a simple instal and if its no good can always be removed.

It may not be what you want, but it may help you get what you require with a bit more work. Whether it will work with multiple attributes I have no idea.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Before installing the official version of oscommerce first look at a responsive version here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life