Latest News: (loading..)

Please post what you tried , and the errors you got, it still might be an easy fix ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I'm not sure that an add-on blog is the answer, unless you're satisfied with a very simple one. Developers of blog applications, such as WordPress, have put a great deal of effort into making a product that can do all sorts of blogging-related things well (and even moving into non-blogging areas such as eStores, where they don't do as well). The same thing holds for other specialized applications, such as stores, forums, galleries, etc. The ideal solution would seem to be to mix and match -- install osC for your store, WordPress for your blog, and add some front page menu links to jump between them. The big drawback is that these applications were architected to play alone and not share the system, leading to (among other things) failure to share the session. You lose your cart if you jump over to the blog, and lose your blogging session if you jump over to the cart. There are technical fixes to this, such as restricting when the "jump" links are available to when you're not signed on and deeply into an application (e.g., don't have stuff in the cart), or butchering the code to have multiple applications share the same session (and sign-on) and allow seamless jumping back and forth. None of them are terribly easy, but I would think they could be done. Even then, you're still jumping back and forth between two separate applications, with their own look and feel (and themes to be converged). It's still difficult to have a piece of your blog on the front page of your store, or a summary of your shopping cart on the front page of your blog. Linking from product descriptions to corresponding blog entries, or back, is still a manual process (i.e., they're not tightly and automatically integrated).

Running multiple applications on one site, especially if they were separately developed, is still a work in progress. The only thing that begins to approach this in an "out of the box" way is a real Content Management System, such as Joomla or Drupal, and even then, their blogs aren't quite up to WordPress standards and their stores aren't quite up to osC standards. You pay a lot to integrate everything, or you put up with limitations.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

@@Czymborjeff@gmail.com I agree with Phil regarding the quality of the blog. You won't be able to match WordPress with any addon. But if you are looking for a simple way to add blog-type articles, the Article Manager addon will do that.

Trying to use: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1709

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES (

'456', 'Article Manager', 'Article Manager site wide options', '20', '1'

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected

You'll first have to learn a littel bit on how to use the sql interface that you are using.

you have to select a database first, and then run this query

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8986

Pv6Li51.png

Okay so i decided to try a more simple one

or possibly because the news folder is empty?

I'm really unsure

And i think this is the problem I'm having with this 1

6. Open /catalog/admin/admin_news.php and find three times:

YOURABSOLUTEPATH

Okay so I have my files on the public_html so its not in catalog/

And i have it set to if (!file_exists ('\news/'.$year)) {

Okay fixed that error, now more :D

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 46

Warning: fopen(\news/2014/20140126221638.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 47

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 48

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 49

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 50

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sitename/public_html/Jeff/admin_news.php on line 51

Has something to do with this

if (!file_exists ('/news'.$year)) {

mkdir ('/new'.$year,0777);}

$f = fopen('/news'.$year.'/'.$filename.".txt","w+");

not sure what to link it to lol

Edited by Czymborjeff@gmail.com

are you on windows or unix ?

I see / and \ used

somehow the filepath is not correct

"Jeff" might need to be "jeff"

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

If on a Windows, server, you might have to use \\ (escaped backslash) instead of /.

Also be aware that 777 permissions are almost always wrong. You need a directory where PHP can write files. Depending on your hosting setup, start with 0755, then try 0775, and finally use 0777 only if the other two don't work.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Hi, Czymborjeff@gmail.com  did you ever figure this out? 

I got the same error.  Messed about for ages with it.  There were spelling errors in a couple of the files though, but even after fixing them, same error  (a few places title was spelt 'titel')

Given up!

But MrPhil, I did want a simple blog - just for news, like 'blah blah fabric back in stock!'  etc

Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.