• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

only default language reload a saved url

ludovic

Hi folks

i have installed a fresh oscommerce 2.3.3.4 on my hosting.

all ok, working great, but: when add a italian language the " save url" are blank.

in english work fine.

in itlaian ,admin this url ,got me a blank page : admin/categories.php?action=update_category&cPath=

in english return on categories page.

the contrtib ,for italian language ,is this : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8772/v,23

note : no other contrib ... only language

grazie

Edited by ludovic

ciao alfio

i just installed that language pack and it works fine for me.

i have some add-ons installed so of course i am getting an error for not translating them.

plus partner news and security check needs to be translated too. other than that everything looks OK.

i created a new category, i updated an existing category, added product....everything looks fine.

are you sure the language file was "completely" uploaded to your server?

ciao alfio

i just installed that language pack and it works fine for me.

i have some add-ons installed so of course i am getting an error for not translating them.

plus partner news and security check needs to be translated too. other than that everything looks OK.

i created a new category, i updated an existing category, added product....everything looks fine.

are you sure the language file was "completely" uploaded to your server?

i think yes

language are full upload.

in localost all work very fine.

xammp have this server version :PHP Version 5.4.19 & MySQL 5.5.32.

remote host this: PHP Version 5.5.6 & MySQL 5.5.34-cll

thanks

Edited by ludovic

I just tried two different italian language pack add-on on a server and you're right. When i edit a category or product and click save the page goes blank. The catalog area won't even load just blank. So i searched with google and there where same cases in the past but no solution. i have other 3 languages installed and they work fine.

Can't explain it...maybe a wrong back slash somewhere inside? There are some special characters that have a backslash.

Edited by Tsimi

Don't know what else is wrong in the package, but this here is not correct for sure

File: catalog/includes/languages/italiano.php

// modifica banner 1.4
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'banner_manager.php');

Delete this line

Better you avoid the whole thing and search for an other Italian translation, it include several modifications for add ons that the author has installed, "whitespace" in files and who knows what else, should be removed from the add ons area

goerge is right. i didn't see that code. there is alot additional custom stuff inside but i thought as long it is just text definitions it could not hurt but it looks like there

is a lot wrong with these files. there are 2 language pack for italian which they say it is made for osC 2.3 but both look very, very similar regarding the costom code.

like george said take both down from the add-on section and trash them. or somebody could take a look at these translations and try to recreate a correct package from scratch.

the only odd thing is the language pack works fine on XAMPP local. how come?

i personaly don't need italian language in my shop, i was just testing to help out alfio. ;)

Edited by Tsimi