• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Insurance - 2.3?

Avec

• 1 year later...

I have been using this shipping insurance module since we launched our new site in August of 2014 and recently noticed that it does not add up the international insurance correctly.  The customer is being overcharged less than a dollar, but I would like to fix it.   Oddly, when I look at the orders_total in the database, each line item is listed correctly, but adding them up results in an overcharge to the customer.  Any idea how to correct this??  Looks like it has been this way all along, but the overcharged amount was small enough (always < $1) , we never noticed it!  BTW - Insurance for US orders adds up correctly, and international customers who don't chose insurance also receive the correct total.  Thank you!

I have been using this shipping insurance module since we launched our new site in August of 2014 and recently noticed that it does not add up the international insurance correctly.  The customer is being overcharged less than a dollar, but I would like to fix it.   Oddly, when I look at the orders_total in the database, each line item is listed correctly, but adding them up results in an overcharge to the customer.  Any idea how to correct this??  Looks like it has been this way all along, but the overcharged amount was small enough (always < $1) , we never noticed it!  BTW - Insurance for US orders adds up correctly, and international customers who don't chose insurance also receive the correct total.  Thank you!

The domestic and international sections are pretty much copy/paste in the coding. Do you have an example for me that I could try and replicate? I can't seem to duplicate this error and can only assume either a tax error, zone error, or rounding error to be the cause for the overcharge.

If I send you a picture of the settings in my Admin panel and a customer invoice where the order total is not correct, will this help?  This error only happens for international customers who select insurance. 

If I send you a picture of the settings in my Admin panel and a customer invoice where the order total is not correct, will this help?  This error only happens for international customers who select insurance. 

Sure; I can try to replicate the error using the info you give me.

Here is an international customer's receipt, showing the incorrect order total:

http://s198.photobucket.com/user/canyonchenille/media/insuranceexample.jpg.html

Had the customer NOT selected international shipping insurance, the order total adds up correctly.  What is really odd is when I look in the database in phpMyAdmin in the orders_total list, the line items are all listed correctly, but they don't total up to the correct amount.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hmm. I can't seem to replicate the error using the settings provided. Here's a thought: if you changed Customer Chooses? Does the customer have a choice to elect insurance? from True to False and force insurance on an international order, does it still calculate incorrectly?

Or perhaps everything is tallying correctly at customer checkout and something else is modifying the amount once the customer goes from your site to PayPal (I'm assuming a PayPal payment). If a PayPal payment is used, perhaps a review of the IPN History would be ideal for that transaction. The Message ID that PayPal keeps should identify all variables PayPal used to calculate the total payment.

If I change the customer choice of insurance from true to false, the order total is still incorrect.  It is correct on the order total show to the patient on the checkout_payment and checkout_confirmation pages.

We don't use Paypal, so it is not a Paypal issue.

CORRECTION:  The above post should say that the order "total shown to the patient on the checkout_payment and checkout_confirmation" page is INCORRECT in both places.

Edited by krdito

• 2 weeks later...

Also running into some issue

We charge TAX, selecting TAX option for this module in admin

So upon checkout insurance shows correct insurance value excluding TAX but no TAX is being added for this module on TAX line before Total.

Only normal subtotal and shipping is added for TAX

Please help

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Peper - sorry to hear you are having issues too.  Although our issues are different, I wonder if there is a problem with the module achieving the correct order total?

I provided details and screen shots to the writer of this module.  Unfortunately, neither he or I were not able to find a resolution for my issue, so I have manually correct the order total in the database : (

Would be interested to hear if you are able to find a fix for yours.

• 5 months later...