• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP File for database changes

tomb321

I know how to setup a CRON job and I know how to do an SQL query to make database changes .My problem is the development of the php file that the CRON job runs so I don't have to do the SQL query manually. (If there is an easier way to get this done, please let me know.)

I'm trying to get the product status changed to inactive when the quantity is 0.

What I have so far is:

<$php
require('includes/functions/database.php');
tep_db_connect() or die('Unable to connect to database server!');
$sql = "UPDATE products SET products_status = 0 WHERE products_quantity = 0";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
tep_db_close();
?>

But it's not working (I'm not a coder). Any help with this would be appreciated.

It should work. This is what the code should look like

require('includes/application_top.php');
 tep_db_query("UPDATE products SET products_status = 0 WHERE products_quantity = 0");

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm getting the following error:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: require(includes/application_top.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/includes/test.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: require(includes/application_top.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/includes/test.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/includes/test.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />

Line 3 is

application_top.php is there

Full code

<?php

tep_db_query("UPDATE products SET products_status = 0 WHERE products_quantity = 0");

?>

You were already in the "includes" directory (folder), so trying to find "includes/application_top.php" isn't going to work. You would either have to require just "application_top.php", or as Dan suggested, move your script up one level so that "includes/application_top.php" can be found.

Frankly, if you're having that much trouble with such basic PHP, I fear for your ability to do the rest of it. At the very least, back up your files and database (and make sure they're good backups) before running this thing on a live database.

Archived