• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gray Oscommerce 2.3.3.4 Template

• 2 months later...

For others who might have similar issues:

Do not add in image name/description in the html box.... that's not what its there for....

If you wish to use the html box you have to place the complete code of what you want to show there... it can be html code with images, video and so on.

If not then leave it blank and images added will show in the colorbox.

Thanks toyicebear. That explains it.. I've never had use for the multiple images so I'd never seen an issue. Question: Is there anyway you know of that will change these fields for populating some simple photo captions for each of the multiple images?

• 3 months later...

hello

I just add on gray template and it did not worked.

So I upload original files but now I can not access admin side and also catalog is corrupted.

I also restored with my backup with phpmyadmin, but still same.

Please, any suggestion?

Thank you.

This template does not affect the db or the admin.

So you must have done something else besides just adding the template.

Its only 3 existing files on the shop side which are affected.

includes/header.php

includes/template_top.php

product_info.php

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this add on Nick. I appreciate the clear instructions and (relatively) simple install procedure.

Unfortunately, the mouse over feature on the product info page seems to have been lost.

Was that deliberate? unavoidable? or fixable?

Thanks for this add on Nick. I appreciate the clear instructions and (relatively) simple install procedure.

Unfortunately, the mouse over feature on the product info page seems to have been lost.

Was that deliberate? unavoidable? or fixable?

Deliberate ....

So instead of mousing over the thumbnails and then having to click on the main image... you just click directly on the thumbnail to view the full size image.

As a visitor, I love mousing over small images to see larger (medium size images) and was so happy to see that in the latest (2.3.3.4) OSC version.

I understand that some people may prefer clicking on the small images but for me, I would prefer to mouse over (to see medium size images) without having to click on images.

I've spent several hours trying to set up this design with the mouse over feature but I guess that'll be too difficult for me.

When I mouse over the small images, the number "75"  appears. It has something to do with the alt=" " 

Sorry if this is obvious, how can I make an image title appear instead of the number 75?

you can revert back to your backup files again. (removing the grey template) . You can then add in only parts of it again and that way get the looks while retaining the default image system with mouseover to view.

How to revert back from the grey template image system to the default one while keeping the gray skin. (Not tested, but should work)

1. Add back in the backup or use a default oscommerce 2.3.3.4 product_info.php file.
2. Add back in the backup or use default oscommerce 2.3.34 includes/template_top.php

Edit includes/template_top.php

and change:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/skins/gray2334/jqbootstrap/css/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/skins/gray2334/jqbootstrap/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.js"></script>

and after:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />

add:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/skins/gray2334/custom.css" />

What's the chance that this template could be adapted to 2334bs ?

Malcolm

Its possible to make a similar look for 2334bs, but due to the differences that would require different changes than the default 2.3.3.4 so it would make more sense to just start from scratch than use anything from this template.

Archived