• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Guest Checkout options for v2.3.3 ?

The Lego Man

Speed bump.  In the finial step (4) you want to "activate the datepicker.  Your instructions say to go to Admin > Modules > Header Tags, choose the entry Datepicker Jquery and click edit.  I do not see it.  I even clicked on install to see if it was listed and I did not see it there. 

What do I need to do? How do I get Datepicker?

Do you use bootstrap-gold? If not, this version of PWA is for bootstrap-gold only and can NOT be used with standard osc 2.3.4. If you use BS-gold, then there must be the Datepicker Jquery - installed or not!

If you do not have bs-gold, but standard osc 2.3.4, you can use the previous package from 16 Oct 2014 which contains versions for both BS and default osc.

J.J.

Edited by De Dokta

Thanks for getting back to me.  No I'm not using bootstrap.  I had the other running but it was not always reliable under 2.3.4.  Over the past couple of months I have seen some addons stating for BS but I do not know anything about bootstrap or its relationship with OSC.  I would like to know more but have not been able to find the answers on what is bootstrap.  Can you point me in the direction so I can find out BS?  I would like to look into it.

This version is a lot more simpler to install then the other, I wish it would work with 2.3.4 without BS.  It seems to be a cleaner install.  Just doesn't work with standard osc 2.3.4.  Such a shame. 

Dean

I'm sorry that the 2.3.4 version did not work for you. I tested it on a clean local 2.3.4 installation and everything seemed to be ok. But frankly, I do not want to invest too much time in standard Osc. For me the bootstrap osc is simply the better osc. It's responsive which means you can display your shop properly on desktop, tablet and smartphone. It's easy to configure. It's easier to install add-ons. It's easier to add stylings. And it looks better....

There are a lot of threads on BS. Look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/107-oscommerce-online-merchant-v24/

The easiest way to find out what it's all about, is to download the version and install on a PC under xampp. You find the latest version here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap.

J.J.

• 2 weeks later...

@@joli1811 

Joli, I have been trying to get ahold of Matt, I wanted to know if Better Checkout for BS was up to the new version of os234 and BS?  Also how to order Better Checkout for BS?  I'm not getting any return email from him.  Can you help?  I didn't want to hit the order button on demo site and not know if I would get what I needed.

Thanks

@@joli1811 

Joli, I have been trying to get ahold of Matt, I wanted to know if Better Checkout for BS was up to the new version of os234 and BS?  Also how to order Better Checkout for BS?  I'm not getting any return email from him.  Can you help?  I didn't want to hit the order button on demo site and not know if I would get what I needed.

Thanks

@@dculley

Two things ...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/399762-john-dunlop-joli1811-never-forgotten/

And ...

http://bettercheckout.com/

Malcolm