Latest News: (loading..)

I've recently upgraded from a very old v1 oscommerce store to 2.3 and for all intensive purposes it is working. While challenging to get my modes migrated over, I'm left with one additional mod that I don't have and cannot seem to locate.

I'm looking for a tax exemption module for v2.3 that I can install and have a customer enter their company name, tax exempt (yes/no), Tax Exempt ID (text) and the Organization Type (drop down - configurable by Admin only).

What this code previous provided is a new Customer Type where I could create the type of Organization and a discount type (e.g. NC Correctional Institutions - Government) and another "default" as "None". Where the later is what everyone is set as a default.

So, the customer can enter what they are (user or company) and if they are tax exempt or not.

The admin can update the types to specify different type of companies getting the tax exemptions to comply with US Laws.

The invoice and checkout processes need to also print the tax id and not have taxes included when they are exempt.

I think that is it, but I'm sure I missed something. :-)

Thanks,

Steve

@@HedgewitchCrafts you are posting in the forum section for OsC version 3.0 - which is not currently a stable version. That is why you are not getting a reply...

That said: I think you are looking for SPPC (separate pricing per customer). A VERY challenging addon to install... Look for sppc for 2.3.3.4 in the addon area.

crap, now that explains the non-responses except for yours of course! :-) I'll check it out and re-post in the 2.3 forum just in case someone else has some great insight to install that module or another.

Thanks!

Steve

@@HedgewitchCrafts

Hi Steve,

As Scott says this sounds like the sppc module where you can create different customer groups in admin with a different price structure.

As far as I remember there may have been an issue with

"The invoice and checkout processes need to also print the tax id and not have taxes included when they are exempt."

With around 50 file changes needed it is one of the most challenging contributions to install

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/716

the forum is here

http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/53436-seperate-pricing-per-customer-v35/

with 270 pages maybe start at the end and read back it does work well with 2.3.3.4 but really give yourself at least a full day for the install and back everything up before hand .

check as you go along that all is well first catalog then admin side.

If you want to check an admin on a test site of mine to verify that this is the contribution you are welcome to have a look

Just PM me

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.