• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add social sharing to your whole oscommerce site

toyicebear

Addthis gives you an easy way to add social sharing to your whole site, its free and you can choose to get it without sign-up or sign-up and get access to "share" statistics.

1. Go to http://www.addthis.com/ , and click on "Get The Code" >> "Smart Layers"

2. Configure it to you liking and click "Get The Code" , copy the code.

3. Open includes/template_bottom.php and close to the bottom just above "</body>" add in the code you copied in step 2.

If you use SSL you might want to add it like this instead so it does not show on ssl pages:

<?php if ($request_type != 'SSL') { ?>

copy in the code

<?php } ?>

no it doesnt - just tried.......

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Wait.... I lied, it does work - just tried it on another site.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

is there a tutorial on twitter cards anywhere as it is picky about images (esp titles) eg it likes my_photo.jpg but does not like my photo.jpg the first will get a propper twitter card, the second just a link as the tweet - so annoying !

Addthis smart layers does support Open Graph, but as far as I can see not Twitter Cards.

well I have twitter cards set up on my site - and using the smart layers tweet button does make a twitter cards tweet (as long as the image size / name is correct)

Good news then, it then seems to support all that is needed and can be used as a "full" replacement for the default share box.

Yes it seems to tick all the boxes on whats needed - but Anyone have any idea where it draws the data from for the 'whatsnext' and 'recommended' facility?

I have removed the recommended box, as it does not fit with my layout - but the whatsnext popup could be very useful - but it keeps showing the same item - which would really annoy me if I were a customer - would be fantastic if this popup could draw its data from something like cross-sell, or even another item in the same category as the item being viewed. i cant find any ref in the documentation as to where elements draw their data from....

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note on this one, "Add-This" seems to set a shed load of various cookies on your visitors - so make sure that you are happy with this before using.

Just a note on this one, "Add-This" seems to set a shed load of various cookies on your visitors - so make sure that you are happy with this before using.

Can you give some examples ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

See the screenshot below, there is a more detailed report, but the ones of concern that have snook in are Doubleclick and media 6 degrees.

I generate the reports with attacat cookie audit tool in google chrome - turn it on, browse the site and hit the report button

post-253268-0-21954400-1391035657_thumb.png

@@burt Agreed - I only found out as I was starting to list the cookies set for my cookie policy.

Need to look further to see if there is a way to turn them off - maybe an email to add-this - will post any response I get here.

Received the following from Add-This:

Like most third-party website tools, AddThis uses cookies in a variety of ways. When you include AddThis tools in your pages, your visitors will likely receive additional cookies. Here's how it works.

1. AddThis tools set cookies as part of its user measurement and analytics features. These cookies are set on the .addthis.com domain, and include:

- uid - Uniquely assigned machine-generated user ID

- di/dt - Maintenance cookies that help manage expiration for other cookies

- bt - User interest modeling

- uvc - Measures how often we see an AddThis user

- ssc/psc/uvc - These cookies are used in recording user sharing and social activity

- loc - Geolocation, used to help publishers know approximately where people sharing information are located. (State level)

2. The AddThis website sets its own cookies. These cookies include cookies set by the analytics and other third party packages we ourselves use, such as Google Analytics, as well as those set for functional purposes as part of console login, for example. These cookies are set on www.addthis.com and do not affect your own site or visitors.

3. The AddThis tools use cookies to manage user sharing preferences. These cookies are set on .addthis.com, and include

- uss/ups - Used to record user-specified sharing preferences

- ssh/sshs - Used for optimizing sharing settings for the user.

- dbm - User preferences on whether to see toolbar download options

4. The AddThis tools also, in some circumstances, set cookies on the first-party website domain much like Google Analytics and other packages do. These cookies are used for per-site user preferences and analytics, and are always preceded with an underscore.

5. Finally, the AddThis tools may expose visitors to various advertising partners, who may in turn set cookies themselves. Any cookies delivered in this way will only be set on the partner's domain.

For more information on how these practices relate to our privacy features, advertising offerings, and user opt-out, see our What you Should Know page.

Note that there are some additional exceptions to the cookie behavior described here, including when AddThis is in use on cookie-restricted properties such as .gov and .mil domains. For more information, feel free to ask us.

Thanks,

Matt

AddThis, Inc.

No mention of doubleclick and or media 6 degrees.

Comments please?

5. Finally, the AddThis tools may expose visitors to various advertising partners, who may in turn set cookies themselves. Any cookies delivered in this way will only be set on the partner's domain.

Nice get out clause there. Cookies ahoy!

@@burt Yep thinking the same myself - too many unknown cookies, some with a high "naughtiness" score within the EU.

Its a pity as I really liked the look and functionality of this - what we need is for some really clever person to replicate its look for OSC (but without cookies) :-

All the code is there - its just trying to work out where to put it :(

Archived