• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please select a payment method for your order.

Nupesh

After someone pays via paypal . they get directed back to my website but it says "Please select a payment method for your order." in a big RED line.

Payment is ok and the order is showing in my shop ok.

If they try and click paypal payment again it then goes to paypal and says "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."

post-325827-0-83621200-1386925108_thumb.png

Could be a number of things from an addon not installed correctly to problems with the sessions.

Has this ever worked for you?

Try testing it with a COD payment module.

You did not say the version of osC you are using, nor if its a template or not (yes, it can make a difference)

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

• 1 month later...

Please help the uninitiated. I am setting up a wordpress online store using OScommerce and have worked through many issues, but for almost a week now cannot resolve this problem. Please, please can someone help me? I am receiving an error message when I try to confirm an order, and it doesn't matter if it's cash, Paypal or money order. When I try to confirm an order, I am returned to the payment information screen and receive the error message in the red bar, "Please select a payment method for your order." Also, the billing address disappears except for a comma in the bottom left of the address box. There is a request on the screen too, "Please choose from your address book where you would like the invoice to be sent to." I have seen this problem posted in several places, and one recommendation is to change the billing and shipping Zones to none. This does not fix the problem for me. I want to open my store, but obviuously it's useless if I can't confirm a single transaction! Can someone please steer me, using layman's terms, tell me how to fix this problem. Thank You. One additional piece of information: This problem goes away when I use my provider's 5.2 PHP instead of 5.4 PHP. The site runs dead slow, however, using 5.2 PHP, and it's going away. So I need this store to work with 5.4 PHP. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have problems with completing an order. I an in the process of setting up my store so I created a customer account and proceeded to check out. After entering my address etc, I clicked on "continue" to proceed to "Payment Information", but nothing happens. What do I need to do now?

Try Cash on Delivery and see what happens the site is storing the cookies ok so is really strange can only think of a configure problem ??

PS: what oscommerce version are you using ?

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I'm using version 2.3.3. There were three payment modules installed, but the other two were set to "False". Even so, I removed the other two modules leaving just "Check/Money Order" but it didn't make a difference. Then I removed "Check/Money Order" and installed "COD" but still no luck. What sort of configuration problem could it be, and where do I look to fix it?

I have no quick solution simply something wrong with your install !

i would first check that the payment files are all correctly installed paying particular attention to the language files

both the /includes/modules/payment/ and the language files

/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

then I would uninstall all payment modules then go to phpmyadmin in my control panel and check the configuration table that all the payment modules are really uninstalled ( had a few occasions with the box modules where a box module did not uninstall properly and had to manually remove as it messed up the new install of box modules( maybe something similar with the payment)

Check the file premissions are correctly set yellow folders 755 files 644

Re upload a fresh checkout_payment.php in case it got corrupted may as well do includes/application_top.php and checkout_payment.php at the same time

Then check my configure.php paying again particular attention to the

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

and

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.hippieherbs.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.hippieherbs.com');

you will need to test different settings search google for the various possible settings depends a lot on the server.

Well few ideas probably something really simple maybe some else has a few ideas as I said strange one to me.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 6 months later...

Hi, Facing an issue with payment the module throws 'Please select a payment method for your order' error for India zone only.

I selected the Zone India for CCAVENUE module but it is throwing error, when none is selected it works fine...
Pls any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Archived