• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic Frame Controller

GLWalker

This is the support thread for Dynamic Frame Controller. - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8963

Please post any questions or feedback.

Edited by WebSource 5

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Couldn't resist trying this out right away....did some playing around. Great.

Comments.

On the install instructions say: inludes/languages/*english/modules/header_tags/dynamic_frame/framecontroller.php

The folder dynamic_frame isn't needed?

On the admin side..Enable Dynamic Framework probably not needed. If "no" selected site displays blank page on the front side.. I'd say once the template files are modified, you'er committed and the module has to be installed.

Ran Gtmetrix and the scores went up from what they are usually. I've been hitting around 91-92% for index.php, now its 95%.

Looking at a product page, The images boxes have shifted to the left of the body area, with the text below. Whereas before the image cluster was to the right with the text directly to the left. Wondering if this is caused by a image modification I am using that I got from github that Herald had posted. https://github.com/haraldpdl/oscommerce2/commit/45124d4087ad0ed6101efd5fe613c0ce97474892

I'd want to change some text styling, so I presume I can do that in ext/css/frame.css

As the install instructions say, the allowance for great design control there and that add so much to the mix in setting up a shop.

I've been wanting to try out a no columns index page and this gives that so easily. With a menu generated from a horizontal bar this opens up a lot of possibilities.

I'm wondering now how Kymations front page modules and Gergelys head/footer content modules might work into the mix here.

Somewhere along the line I'd like to address responsiveness. I'll need to do some research on what's needed to remove the 960gs from osC and implement bootstrap.

Nice, nice work Gary. Thank you for making that available to the community.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Comments.

On the install instructions say: inludes/languages/*english/modules/header_tags/dynamic_frame/framecontroller.php

The folder dynamic_frame isn't needed?

On the admin side..Enable Dynamic Framework probably not needed. If "no" selected site displays blank page on the front side.. I'd say once the template files are modified, you'er committed and the module has to be installed.

Ran Gtmetrix and the scores went up from what they are usually. I've been hitting around 91-92% for index.php, now its 95%.

Looking at a product page, The images boxes have shifted to the left of the body area, with the text below. Whereas before the image cluster was to the right with the text directly to the left. Wondering if this is caused by a image modification I am using that I got from github that Herald had posted. https://github.com/haraldpdl/oscommerce2/commit/45124d4087ad0ed6101efd5fe613c0ce97474892

I'd want to change some text styling, so I presume I can do that in ext/css/frame.css

I'm wondering now how Kymations front page modules and Gergelys head/footer content modules might work into the mix here.

That was a typo, should have read inludes/languages/*english/modules/header_tags/ht_dynamic_frame.php - no language file for the other as it is just a class file needed to output the css and id elements. I tried to keep it simple as possible so only the very minimal files needed editing.

If the module is not enabled, then the page will die as soon as it hits the body tag becuase the class file mentioned above is loaded VIA the module. The quickest way around that is to change body back, - <body> -Or- <body class="*desired style">

I never thought about Gtmetrix, but its got to be from the stylesheet, I removed any legacy classes and did a lot of cleanup.

The fonts can be changed in the stylesheet - ext/frame.css, I contemplated not adding the fonts, but we all know the default fonts are very small, and I included a nice font set that I found some time ago that is cross browser/system compatible and renders well on many devices.

A bit of css, or maybe a wrapper div around the images should fix them up.

It should work well the mentioned modules, I'm running something simular on some of the sites I posted in the live shops area. I use a controller for the front page as well and a template loading setup - not really a lot of difference.

The css id really, really, aids in design, while most the site will share the same look - having it can make certian pages take on their own life, good for landing pages or new product promotions.

So far as I know, the only 960 classes are called in the header and footer - but there could be other places. I'm working on wrapping bootstrap3 around it now and thinking of throwing the files in for a starter kit later.

If you view the source code of the install file - it is actually using the same cs framework class, the one column class, and bootstrap2, so you could study that, but it is missning the side clumns, wich would normally wrap under the content in responsive mode. The install file is responsive as is now, and even microformatted.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope it can be useful and maybe get some designers a head start.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Adding the following to /ext/css/frame.css situated the images correctly

#piGal {
 float: right;
 width: 250px;
}
#piGal img {
 max-width: 250px;
 height: auto;
}

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 1 month later...

This has been on my list since I read this - Ive got big update coming to this - but for the time being this snippet can be used as a fallback -

<?php  if (class_exists(ht_dynamic_frame)) {
  echo '<body id="' . $frameController->getCssId() . '" class="' . $frameController->getCssClass() . '">';
 } else {
   echo '<body class="three-column">';
 }  ?>

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Thanks for the followup on that. And for working on this handy add on.