• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors on php server upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4

justinswa

I'm running OSC 2.3.1 and started getting broken pages after a recent php upgrade on my server from 5.3 to 5.4.

The messages in my error log are like this:

[02-Dec-2013 17:16:35 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 281

line 281 of application_top.php reads:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES .$language.'.php');

so it looks like the variable $languages is not being defined, but I can't work out why...

any ideas much appreciated.

Hi try this in appliaction_top.php

Find ::

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

replace with::

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) || empty($language)) {

Update to 2.3.3.4, as this is a session related error which was fixed in 2.3.3 (if I recall correctly) and if going to 233, you might as well spend the extra hour to go to 2334

You need to do this update in stages:

231 > 232 > 233 > 2331 > 2332 > 2333 > 2334

These changes are all documented at library.oscommerce.com

Hi try this in appliaction_top.php

Find ::

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

replace with::

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered(‘language’) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) || empty($language)) {

Thanks, this fixed it. However, I now see I have the same problem with the admin. Have changed the same line in application_top.php, but am now getting:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Function used:

tep_href_link('', '', 'NONSSL')

when I try to log in, and this error in the error log:

[02-Dec-2013 18:50:13 Europe/London] PHP Warning: http_build_query(): Parameter 1 expected to be Array or Object. Incorrect value given in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/dirrand/login.php on line 63

line 63 being:

$get_string = http_build_query($redirect_origin['get']);

looks like another session related error?

Update to 2.3.3.4, as this is a session related error which was fixed in 2.3.3 (if I recall correctly) and if going to 233, you might as well spend the extra hour to go to 2334

You need to do this update in stages:

231 > 232 > 233 > 2331 > 2332 > 2333 > 2334

These changes are all documented at library.oscommerce.com

Thanks. I did actually try this and got as far as 2333, but was still getting errors, so rolled it back. As the updates involve a lot of different files, I'd rather get my current version working first so it's easier to identify problems when I upgrade...

Archived