• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I made an Order Export Utility..

Hi,

I have made an order export utility for OSC. It is based on osc MS1.

I based the script off of the backup script, so much of the functionality is the same. It can save the files to an export directory (../admin/export) in .gz or .txt format and also prompt it to be downloaded.

I have also added an option where you can update the status of all orders while you export and email all of the customers.

This script is mainly for use with fulfillment centers and is no where near the quality to release as a contribution, as too many things are hard-coded and the export format is that of the Mail Order Manager (MOM) format.

Sooo...if anybody has any ideas on how we can make this more modular for other people's formats (i.e. a file/xml to define your export schema requirements, etc.) and to accomodate for other languages and orders statuses, I would really love to share. I feel this is one of the weaker points of the osc system and could use some good 'ole community development.

PM and I'll email over the files...

Zac

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I am trying to make a similar export utility for MOM (Mail Order Manager). I can build upon your existing script and that would be of great help. Please send me your MOM export script and I shall send you my enhancements.

Thank You.

-Ritesh ([email protected])

Hi,

I based the script off of the backup script, so much of the functionality is the same. It can save the files to an export directory (../admin/export) in .gz or .txt format and also prompt it to be downloaded.

I have also added an option where you can update the status of all orders while you export and email all of the customers.

This script is mainly for use with fulfillment centers and is no where near the quality to release as a contribution, as too many things are hard-coded and the export format is that of the Mail Order Manager (MOM) format.

Sooo...if anybody has any ideas on how we can make this more modular for other people's formats (i.e. a file/xml to define your export schema requirements, etc.) and to accomodate for other languages and orders statuses, I would really love to share. I feel this is one of the weaker points of the osc system and could use some good 'ole community development.

Zac

I am interested if someone can make such contribution. I will be happy to pay $$. I need to export orders to fulifllment center.

Hi,

Zac

• 2 weeks later...

Eastbiz - Fullfilment centers will want to have this data in specific formats. Most common one is 320 bit txt file which has fixed lenght. Upon successful authorization from the gateway they'll want you to execute an order batch file into their FTP location with that specific order info.

Let me know what your budget is and how they want to have the batch order furnished, and maybe i can help you out to create it or perhaps we could release it as contribution. :-)

Thanks.

I am interested if someone can make such contribution. I will be happy to pay $$. I need to export orders to fulifllment center.