• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Attribute Manager Released..

Greeves

Hi Mike,

Thanks for including the "contezero" features with your contribution.  I have installed your version 4 but have one question.  For example, I noticed that in order to do a "3x2" special, the prefix for that would be "sx-".  How would I select that in your contribution.  I've noticed that you can only select one prefix at a time and cannot combine multiple prefix.  

Thank you,

David

Well, I think the easiest thing for everyone would be for me to release v4a :)

done & done... sorry about that.

Attribute Manager: http://downloads.ephing.com

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone looking for an easy-to-install attribute manager, you may want to try this. I personally have installed almost all 10 of Mike's New Attribute Manager contributions because it is so easy to install. (hmmm....maybe it's time for Even Newer Attribute Manager!):D

As for anyone else using Chandra Roukema's equally wonderful Product Attributes - Option Type Feature, this contribution does indeed work with it as long as there is only one text option field. Unfortunately, my main shop has several, so I have not yet been able to use both of these contributions on the same cart...but I have not given up just yet.

Thanks again to both Mike and Chandra.

For anyone looking for an easy-to-install attribute manager, you may want to try this.  I personally have installed almost all 10 of Mike's New Attribute Manager contributions because it is so easy to install.  (hmmm....maybe it's time for Even Newer Attribute Manager!):D  

As for anyone else using Chandra Roukema's equally wonderful Product Attributes - Option Type Feature, this contribution does indeed work with it as long as there is only one text option field.  Unfortunately, my main shop has several, so I have not yet been able to use both of these contributions on the same cart...but I have not given up just yet.

Thanks again to both Mike and Chandra.

*Newer* v4b :)

I just got through adding a compatibility setting for Chandra's Option Type Feature contribution.. and it seems to all be working nicely. Please let me know if I missed anything :)

Mike G.

PS: Is there any way to remove remove entries from the contribution section? For one thing I've sumitted quite a few updates and the thread is getting rather long. Also, a week or so ago I accidentally submitted v2 as a new contribution rather than a package addition.

Attribute Manager: http://downloads.ephing.com

haha...now you wanna edit your contribution list! Hey...all those versions were very helpful to me because I could see at what point you were and keep trying 'em. We all know there is no such thing as "final". Thanks much.

-Annieo

Small problem...might be a bit vague but.....

running MS1 with chandras option type feature 1.4 i have an option value set up with id o as text as per chandras readme although there is no name in the name column and a product option set up with name as the name and option type set up as text however when i go into your attribute manager it shows as No Values under this option where i would expect the text option to show.

even a little light would be appreciated.

cheers

barry

Just a quickie...

I wanted to know which version works best with snapshot from Dec 23rd 2002?

I dont use chandra's mod, but i do use Linda's attributes manager with weight, 5.1 I think it is.

With this in mind which version do you recommed for vs 2.2 from Dec 23rd 02? It aint MS1 remember.

Thanks

CC.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well...

Linda's Contrib is on its way.

What do you think about a contrib that integrates her NEW Attribute Copier?

This great contrib and Linda's additions (hmm...) - ehm, Linda's contrib together - nearly worth for MS2 - IMHO

Michael

:arrow: PS keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words, Michael

But without osCommerce ... my stuff would be worth poop.

I have a fantastic foundation in which base these Add-on ... and a great community to help provide ideas, suggestions and thankfully ... a friendly test audience.

Cannot wait until this is done ... docs are coming along, and tests are looking good ... keep your fingers crossed! :D

Thanks for the kind words, Michael

You're wellcome!

But without osCommerce ... my stuff would be worth poop.

I have a fantastic foundation in which base these Add-on ... and a great community to help provide ideas, suggestions and thankfully ... a friendly test audience.

But... I think your contrib is essential to osC...

Cannot wait until this is done ... docs are coming along, and tests are looking good ... keep your fingers crossed! :D

okdk - we pray for good code 8)

Michael

:?: A suggestion:

If there are LOTS of Attributes in the AttributeManager the loadtime is a bit long, eg. if you have a country-selectbox (approx. 200 entries)....

Is there a chance to collapse/expand unused Attributes?

eg. if you wanna sell t-shirts and flags... I only need the country-list for the flags, not for t-shirts... so it would be nice if I'd have to activate the collapsed countrylist by clicking on the Option. After reloading *swoosh* there they are: the 200 optionvalues.

Michael

:?: Is there a chance to group options by category?

Eg. I only need the option "color" in the category "childish teethbrushes" - and NEVER a countrylist for that category...

Any ideas? something useful? :idea:

Michael

:?: Is there a chance to group options by category?

Eg. I only need the option "color" in the category "childish teethbrushes" - and NEVER a countrylist for that category...

Any ideas? something useful?   :idea:

I was not the only one with this idea:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2649

any comments?

Michael

I will be looking more seriously into this idea after this version is out.

I have puttered around with it on and off and have seen the need to shrink down several areas regarding attributes as well as a few other sections as well, especially for people with large databases to manage.

I will be looking more seriously into this idea after this version is out.

I have puttered around with it on and off and have seen the need to shrink down several areas regarding attributes as well as a few other sections as well, especially for people with large databases to manage.

...like me with nearly 20000 Products...? :wink:

Michael

• 2 months later...

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1119)

My brain must not be firing on all cylinders .. I can not figure out how to make the text type option work using the latest download of the above contribution .. this is for text input yes ? like if the item is to be monogramed ?

all other option types work fine .. any insight GREATLy appreciated.

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1119)

Good contribution, but is there a way to submit all of this to the DB via a CSV file? The manager looks pretty good...except I have a few thousand products to do this for.
Easy Populate
I'm talking about doing the product attributes. I didn't see anything within easypopulate that'd do it? If so, maybe I missed it - could you point me in the right direction? I checked its readme and such...

• 2 weeks later...

I as well have about 2000 products that all need the same set of 8 options , and as MUCH easier as it is to have them in a pull down menu rather than sit there by hand doing one option at a time, it would be much so much faster and easier if there was a way to upload a .txt file, or a cvs file, or heck display like 10 items on the page at a time, in a table, or something.

Anyone?

Thanks, Danno~

just for you all that would like to know or wonder if the constribution works with osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (07/12/2003) :!: :?:

Yes it does :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed this mod and it works fine (MS2 2.2) however we used Model numbers rather than descriptions to identify our products.

Does anyone know how to change the drop down box (new_attributes.php) to display the model number first then the product description?

I played around with the databased functions in new_attributes just trying to get it to list the model numbers instead of the description but no matter what I changed it kept displaying the description (if must be displaying it via one of the included files).

Anyway if anyone can have a look at this and let me know that would be great.

Thanks alot!

I'm rather new to OSC, but I've already installed several other contributions that were much more difficult to get working (lots of copy / paste) yet for the life of me, I can't get this one working, which seemed so simple, yet so needed.

Here is what happens after I've followed the instructions (several times)

"; require('new_attributes_config.php'); require('includes/application_top.php'); if ( $cPathID && $action == "change" ) { require('new_attributes_change.php'); tep_redirect( './' . FILENAME_CATEGORIES . '?cPath=' . $cPathID . '&pID=' . $current_product_id ); } ?> 

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESheader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/loric/www/geeklog/public_html/catalog/admin/new_attributes.php on line 28

Rav

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

Copy / pasted that right out of the new_attributes.php file. I have not modified it in the least bit.

Rav