• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Attribute Manager Released..

Greeves

Hi there...

first things first, FANTASTIC CONTRIB!!! my end users might actually be able to add attributes themselves :)

Number 2... I'm using Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.1 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1622), to add an individual weight to each product. Is this compatable with the attribute manager? Is there a simple way to make it compatable? it looks like Attributes Sorter & Copier v5.1 with weight accomplishes the same thing - should I just try and install this contrib (I'm trying not to install any more things than i need, *trying* to keep this as simple as possible)

Thanks

~Barbara

Ok, I've just taken a look at the Attributes Sorter & Copier, and am not sure I want to install it - seems to be a few errors still floating around. On the other hand, I have the Add Weight To Product Attributes working, so I'd like to stick with it. So does anyone know how to go about making these contribs work together?

Thanks for any help,

~Barbara~

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've just taken a look at the Attributes Sorter & Copier, and am not sure I want to install it - seems to be a few errors still floating around. On the other hand, I have the Add Weight To Product Attributes working, so I'd like to stick with it. So does anyone know how to go about making these contribs work together?

Thanks for any help,

~Barbara~

Well, I got it working with the ADPA contrib - but my code's probably pretty uk - however, if anyone wants a look, let me know and i'll post it.

~Barbara~

Hmm... Still having one small problem - When I use the New Attribute Manager to add an attribute with a 'zero' price prefix, it works fine. However, if I go back into that product to change the attributes, the price prefix changes to '-'. If I don't catch it and change it back to ' ', it adds a negative price prefix. Anyone else had this prob and how to fix it?

Thanks

~Barbara~

• 1 month later...

hi everyone... nearly there with my store :)

one thing that i was thinking would be fantastic and make operation better:

I have the New attibute manager installed. whenever I edit a products' attributes, I goto the product, click 'edit attributes' and i'm given a page full of all possible attributes, where I can edit options and prices.

We often have green sold out but not red, or no Size Large left, but Size Small still in stock. So this screen will be used alot when updating stock. What I'm thinking is that it would be great to have an 'out of stock' field that will tack onto the end of the products table. This field will be editable from the attributes page. The results of the field will just be echo'd on the product_info page in the catalog.

I've been fooling around, and can get an 'in stock' field working from the main categories.php page, but not from the new_attributes.php page.

Does anyone have any pointers? I'd be really appreciative!!!

Thanks,

~bobsi18~

• 9 months later...
Ok after playing around with it I managed to get the dropdown to list the model numbers instead of the descriptions - however I think I will defiantely need a hand to get both model numbers and descriptions working in the one dropdown.

To get the model numbers working I changed

<TR>
<TD class="pageHeading" colspan="3"><?=$pageTitle?></TD>
</TR>
<FORM ACTION="<?=$PHP_SELF?>" NAME="SELECT_PRODUCT" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="action" VALUE="select">
<?
echo "<TR>";
echo "<TD class=\"main\"><BR><B>Please select a product to edit:<BR></TD>";
echo "</TR>";
echo "<TR>";
echo "<TD class=\"main\"><SELECT NAME=\"current_product_id\">";

$products = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by p.products_model");
   while ($products_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products)) {
     echo '<option name="' .$products_values['products_name'] . '" value="' . $products_values['products_id'] . '">' . $products_values['products_model'] .' - '. $products_values['products_name'] . '</option>';
   } 

$query = "SELECT * FROM products_description where products_id LIKE '%' AND language_id = '$languageFilter' ORDER BY products_name ASC";

$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

$matches = mysql_num_rows($result);

if ($matches) {

while ($line = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {

$title = $line['products_name'];
       $current_product_id = $line['products_id'];

echo "<OPTION VALUE=\"" . $current_product_id . "\">" . $title;

}
} else { echo "You have no products at this time."; }

echo "</SELECT>";
echo "</TD></TR>";

echo "<TR>";
echo "<TD class=\"main\"><input type=\"image\" src=\"" . $adminImages . "button_edit.gif\"></TD>";
echo "</TR>";

?>
</FORM>

This actually lists all products with model and name (model order) followed by all products with name only (name order). Hope it may help someone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have Register Globals OFF. When I install it, I go to the 'new_attributes.php' page, there is a dropdownlist with my products. When I select any product from a dropdown list and click on 'edit' button, it does nothing.

Please, help to resolve my problem!

Thanks a lot for all our community members. It's amazing that we are together and we have opportunity to help each oher.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to change the contrib so that there is the option to have no price prefix (instead of - and +). Does anyone know if I change that in the new_attributes.php file or the mySQL?

Thanks, Matt!

did anyone get this to work with reg. globals off after?

Yep, mostly trial and error. With the register globals contrib add

link_post_variable('current_product_id');
link_post_variable('x');
link_post_variable('y');
link_post_variable('action');
link_post_variable('optionValues');

to new_attributes.php

Should be about all there is to it.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

link_post_variable('x');
link_post_variable('y');

to new_attributes.php

Iggy

thanks for that... i'll try it shortly as I havn't installed it yet... looking into things before I dive ;)

• 1 month later...

Our store will have thousands of attributes.

Colors brand A

color 1

color 2

color 3

colors brand B

color 4

color 5

color 6

and so on...

But with this attribute manager, it lists every possible option and option value on one page. This could be a problem when we get to have so many options and values. Would it be possible to show only the options that apply to the product we're adding. So if I'm working on a product made by brand J, we don't have to scroll past all the options and values for A through K.

Maybe there could be a page bwtween the page where it asks for the name of the product and the page where it has all the option value check boxes. There could be some checkboxes to choose which options to display on the final page.

hi,

i just install the UPSXML_v1_2_8_1, but im getting this error ,

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact osCommerce via Email.

then i uncomment this 2 lines,

} else { // default behavior: cURL is assumed to be compiled in PHP

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

// uncommenting the next line is most likely not necessary in case of error 60

// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

but then i got this error,

10002: The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact osCommerce via Email.

wht im doing wrong here ,

i only insert the

Account Number:

Access Key

in the admin area , do i need to insert the userid and userpass to work this ,

i have read a lot of forum topic but still did not fix my prob,

dos any body know why !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

link_post_variable('x');
link_post_variable('y');

to new_attributes.php

Iggy

Hi, where exactly does this go on the page? Because I'm having the same problem - when I click on Edit after selecting a product, it does nothing. However I believe my register globals are set at 1 (which is on, right?), so do I still need to add the code above? Plus you mention "with the register globaks contrib.." - does that mean I need to add another contribution regarding register globals?

Thanks,

Brenda

• 1 month later...
I have Register Globals OFF. When I install it, I go to the 'new_attributes.php' page, there is a dropdownlist with my products. When I select any product from a dropdown list and click on 'edit' button, it does nothing.

Please, help to resolve my problem!

Same issue here folks. Seems like a repeating problem. Any hints?

GREATLY APPRECIATED... I installed "New Attribute Manager v5.0" on a fresh install of osCommerce.

thanks!

GAbstero

• 3 months later...

Hi Folks,

Here's the fix for folks trying to using Mike G's awesome new attributes with Register Globals off (it does not work). If you are using OSC MS 2.2 RC2 or OSC MS 2.2 RC2a (the most recent 2008 releases) from January 15 and January 30, 2008...Mike's new_attributes mod will not work.

I spent a lot of time trying to debug and found a very simple fix that only took 7-8 hours to arrive at.

I thought I would give a little back to the OSC community and post it in the new_attributes support thread.

Here's the fix...

1. Back up your Admin area FIRST!

2. Make sure all files Backed-Up successfully.

3. Install New Attributes as per Mike's instruction...it is a very easy Contribution to install!

4. Open new_attributes.php in you text editor...I use Text Wrangler on a Mac. Do not use Word, instead use Notepad or your favorite editor on the PC.

5. Find the requires in new_attributes.php on line 5 and line 6:

require('new_attributes_config.php');

require('includes/application_top.php');

Right after add:

if (isset($_POST['current_product_id'])) {

$current_product_id = $_POST['current_product_id'];

}

if (isset($_POST['action'])) {

$action = $_POST['action'];

}

if (isset($_POST['optionValues'])) {

$optionValues = $_POST['optionValues'];

}

if (isset($_POST['x'])) {

$x = $_POST['x'];

}

if (isset($_POST['y'])) {

$y = $_POST['y'];

}

if (isset($_POST['cPathID'])) {

$cPathID = $_POST['cPathID'];

}

if (isset($_GET['current_product_id'])) {

$current_product_id = $_GET['current_product_id'];

}

if (isset($_GET['action'])) {

$action = $_GET['action'];

}

That's it your done! Save new_attributes to your server and enjoy!

You do not need to install the Register Globals Patch as mentioned in previous posts. You do not need to add an .htaccess file or anything else. (although I tried both and they worked). The above is a very clean and effective solution, and it leaves Harald's most awesome OSC code untouched.

I hope this saves someone else a few hours of time.

Enjoy!

-Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Please help....is there anyway to have the drop down of products to edit to list product ID instead of product name?

Thank you for your help in advance! This is an awesome Contribution!

Edited by dcart

• 2 years later...

Hi Folks,

Here's the fix for folks trying to using Mike G's awesome new attributes with Register Globals off (it does not work). If you are using OSC MS 2.2 RC2 or OSC MS 2.2 RC2a (the most recent 2008 releases) from January 15 and January 30, 2008...Mike's new_attributes mod will not work.

I spent a lot of time trying to debug and found a very simple fix that only took 7-8 hours to arrive at.

I thought I would give a little back to the OSC community and post it in the new_attributes support thread.

Here's the fix...

1. Back up your Admin area FIRST!

2. Make sure all files Backed-Up successfully.

3. Install New Attributes as per Mike's instruction...it is a very easy Contribution to install!

4. Open new_attributes.php in you text editor...I use Text Wrangler on a Mac. Do not use Word, instead use Notepad or your favorite editor on the PC.

5. Find the requires in new_attributes.php on line 5 and line 6:

require('new_attributes_config.php');

require('includes/application_top.php');

Right after add:

if (isset($_POST['current_product_id'])) {

$current_product_id = $_POST['current_product_id'];

}

if (isset($_POST['action'])) {

$action = $_POST['action'];

}

if (isset($_POST['optionValues'])) {

$optionValues = $_POST['optionValues'];

}

if (isset($_POST['x'])) {

$x = $_POST['x'];

}

if (isset($_POST['y'])) {

$y = $_POST['y'];

}

if (isset($_POST['cPathID'])) {

$cPathID = $_POST['cPathID'];

}

if (isset($_GET['current_product_id'])) {

$current_product_id = $_GET['current_product_id'];

}

if (isset($_GET['action'])) {

$action = $_GET['action'];

}

That's it your done! Save new_attributes to your server and enjoy!

You do not need to install the Register Globals Patch as mentioned in previous posts. You do not need to add an .htaccess file or anything else. (although I tried both and they worked). The above is a very clean and effective solution, and it leaves Harald's most awesome OSC code untouched.

I hope this saves someone else a few hours of time.

Enjoy!

-Tom

Tom,

We're going to need your help again. After your posted that solution everything worked until now. Now it is still the same, when I click EDIT nothing happens. Keep in mind that I haven't been editing my products in a while. The last thing that i did was about 6 months ago or so when i renamed my admin folder but it worked back then.

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am using the latest version 5.0 (14 Aug 2010) of New Attribute Manager.

Here is the problem I am experiencing:

In the .../new_attributes.php screen let's say I have a list of 20 "Size" attributes.

If I add to a product any amount of the first 10 attributes in the list, the attributes are added.

If I add to a product any amount of the last 10 attributes in the list, the attributes are NOT added.

I reverted the sort of the list, and still the problem remains the same.

This start happening after a 5.3 PHP upgrade on my host. Therefore I changed all files to New Attributes Manager 5.0 to no avail. All other files were not changed as everything seems to work fine.

Any ideas or suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I like this contribution.I've got it working in 2.3.1 by adapting the updated easy populate installation instructions.

Put

define('FILENAME_NEW_ATTRIBUTES', 'new_attributes.php');

in admin/includes/filenames

and

array(

'code' => FILENAME_NEW_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => TEXT_NEW_ATTRIBUTES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEW_ATTRIBUTES)

),

in admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php is the main change from the 2.2 install.BUT I musta missed something,because

the admin menu on the left has no styling, just text ,on the attribute manager page.It doesn't stop anything from working,just mildly irritating.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

Edited by cefyn