• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No-redirect adding to cart - not sure what to call it

Hi,

so when someone adds an item to the cart, they are redirected away from the catalogue page they were on.

I am making a site with 1000+ items, and people will be getting 10+ items per purchase, so it's quite an interuption for the user-flow if they are being redirected to the cart each time and then have to find their way back through the categories & page to where they were.

Are there any addons which just add the item to the cart (and possibly updates the on-page cart) but doens't redirect the user away from where they were in the catelogue?

Of course the user can still access the cart at any time by following the link to it etc.

I'm not sure if something like this already exists, if so I have no idea what it is called. Any input appreciated

My 11 year old would love your username... Lol.

To your question; the answer has 2 parts.

1) the shopping cart redirect is a built in configuration. Look in the admin, configuration, my store. By setting to false the user will remain on the page and not be directed to the cart.

2) there are many shopping cart addons.... Just google, for example; oscommerece shopping cart in header. There's also a shopping cart layer/popup which I used on 2.2 (tooltips... I think it was called) which worked well for what you discribe that I believe has recently been updated to work on 2.3.x - although I haven't tried the update.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...