• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All graphic borders not showing up

http://www.baughgraphics.com/

The site is not complete yet, still a lot of stuff for the ordering portion that's not complete. Anyways...the problem is that when I was looking at the site from home it looks fine. I checked it out at work and it seems that a lot of the border graphics are not displaying. I was using the same version of IE at work and at home. Anybody else see what I'm talking about and any suggestions as how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Do you use Dreamweaver or something for your editor?

The stylesheet does not seem to be defined right.

Last time I saw this, it was a Dreamweaver issue on something or another *helping* out.

Oh you've got MAJOR problems.......The stylesheet doesn't work at all with NS7.....It took 144 seconds to load.......and I have to ask why you have it loaded in your cgi-bin?

Do you use Dreamweaver or something for your editor?  

The stylesheet does not seem to be defined right. Last time I saw this, it was a Dreamweaver issue on something or another *helping* out.

Leave Macromedia alone, they're not responsible for this one! :D

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Stubby/My%20Documents/Baugh%20Graphics/scripts/--=OSCv2.2=--/catalog/catalog/stylesheet.css">

It's little wonder the stylesheet isn't showing up LOL.

Doh!

Thanks a lot for the tip....I guess this being my first shot ever at a website I should be allowed a mess up every now and again ;)

Thanks for the help fella's. Will fix it when I get home. Tested it here at work and it worked good.

Leave Macromedia alone, they're not responsible for this one!  :D  

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Stubby/My%20Documents/Baugh%20Graphics/scripts/--=OSCv2.2=--/catalog/catalog/stylesheet.css">

oh yes they are! In dreamweaver, you have to be very careful with the "save as." If you save it in a different directory than the original, it will change all the paths in the document.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

oh yes they are!  In dreamweaver, you have to be very careful with the "save as."  If you save it in a different directory than the original, it will change all the paths in the document.

You are correct, if you save the document outside of the root directory as defined in the site setup, it will change the paths in the document to point to the correct file on your hard drive.

I guess it all comes down to having a basic understanding of how directory structures work, why you'd save the document outside of the sites root directory is anyones guess I suppose, but people certainly do it. Can we blame Macromedia for people not understanding this? I guess you could if you really wanted to.

I wonder whether Frontpage or GoLive do this as well?

It could be my host for load times. It seems I have another problem though. I probably jacked up something else when I fixed the original problem, but now the categories won't load. For example: the link for one of the categories is (http://www.baughgraphics.com/scgi-bin/osc/catalog/catalog/default.php?cPath=33). The problem seems to be that it just loads the default.php for some reason.

Actually I did this in notepad. I tried to quick fix it at work and I think I may have missed something. Will try to get the original backup off my computer at home, and tweak it. I'll bet something messed up when i dl the source from the site while I was at work.

*cough*told 'ya it was that dreamweaver issue*cough* 8)

Actually I did this in notepad. I tried to quick fix it at work and I think I may have missed something.

ROFL, since when did Macromedia make notepad, I'll have to get on to them and let them know my copy of DW notepad is missing! :D It's Macromedia's fault anyway, may as well blame them, I always do. Easier to blame them than think I could have possibly made a mistake.

Heh...I did mess up :)

Got the original backup and now it's fixed. Thanks for all the help fellas. Now I gotta do some cool daddy colors to make it stand out a little more.

Archived