• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mo-pics and post MS1 Snapshot 3/26/2003 anybody??

antics22

I am trying to get multiple images going with big image pop ups and have been unsuccesful in incorporating mo-pics with my snapshot (3/26/2003). All of the coding is completely different... anybody got any ideas? I am tearing my hair out trying to figure this out... If anyone has any alternate ideas, I am open to that as well... Please help, I am desperate!

I am almost there on this.

I have it working fine on one project I am working on but was trying to add in the delete files and ran into a wall.

If you compare a clean /admin/categories.hp v1.38 to a clean v1.40 you can see the major differences in the upload routines and image handling.

All of which has to be replicated for all the Mo Pic images.

As soon as I work out a couple bugs I will have it posted if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks Linda... funny that it'd be you that replied... I actually originally started trying to get your quantity controller v5.1 going on this newer snapshot, but gave up after all of the coding was different! I have your contribution working great on my older snapshot (www.toplandtrading.com) and figured I could try to "Beyond Compare" the files.... LOL...

I figured that I would settle for Mo-pics for now... since I found that I wasn't going to need most of the other features in your quantity controller...

Well, keep us updated on your progress...

out of curiosity, is this a mo-pics update youre working on, or is it an quantity controller v5.2?

I am working on the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller ...

But to make that, I have to have a working copy of Mo Pics as that is part of the Quantity Controller.

Since I have to touch so many of the same files to do the two Add-ons ... it will really be easier to put them together because they overlap in files, features, etc.

Since Mo Pics is such a handy and common add-on/need I have been adding this to Quantity Controller for a long time because it is not fun to put the two together.

The new re-write makes it a lot clearer how to combine these.

And. if someone just wanted Mo Pics out of it, technically it's a quick edit through categories.php

But when I have it working happily, I will post a seperate Mo Pics update for those who *gasp* don't want the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller.

I'm going for the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller Linda, i happen to love that peace of work from you :lol:

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Glad you do ... I am cursing the heck out of it doing this current re-write. :roll:

I will love it when I am done with it ... until then ... all the stomping, screaming and cursing you are hearing is just me putting all the peices together and all the new features.

But at least it is showing progress. :D

Linda did you checked this contribution too ?

Dynamic MoPics

Oh my...

I see that i am too a B

Nice to get closer to the 'root' ;)

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Yes I saw that one yesterday as well.

I will be fooling with that when I am done here and see how that one can be slipped in to offer an alternative for people.

Both are handy contributions, to say the least. :D

yeah I recommend taking a look at my dynamic MoPics... IMO its much easier to use from the start. I personally FTP the images up myself (I don't like OSC image upload), so making it that if the images are on the server, they show up has really helped me out.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

I am working on the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller ...

Yippee!!! But will it work with MS1? Or only Post MS1? Yikes, I don't want to mess around with Post MS1 yet :) Especially since it looks like MS2 might be close already.

I've been drooling about both of the contributions since I found osc but haven't ever had the "right" version and the "right" snapshot at the same time :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I have the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller for up to January or so.

The one I am finishing now is for MS1 and current snapshots.

Plus the extra features on the attributes and pricing that the new version will offer for weight, free, call for price etc. that does not require rocket science to use, just a +/- weightr and a yes or no on the Admin Side.

So much code ... and so little time ... 8)

• 6 months later...
Linda did you check this contribution too? Dynamic MoPics
I will be fooling with that when I am done here and see how that one can be slipped in to offer an alternative for people.

Did anybody (especially poor overworked Linda ;) as she raised the possibility) ever get to seeing whether Dynamic Mopics will work with SECv2.2? It would be sooooooo useful!

Chrissie