• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

larger image option

jenodorf

Hi

I have confused myself, I've created a test product and an image 100*80 which I have used the browse button to add to the product.

Now as I expected when I view the product in store I see the image and the info tells me it's 100*80

on the product info page there is an option to add a lrger image either by browsing or thumbnail.

I created another image 400*300px and called it test_image_400 ( original huh!) I then selected the option to add a larger image and browsed to this image and uploaded.

Now when I view the product in store by default I see the larger image and when I click on it I see the larger image also

I've search for help and videos on you tube but have failed to find anything.

Am I missing some vital step?

Is there a better way to have a larger image on click such as kiss image thumbnailer?

thanks

Ian

@@jenodorf

Hello, here's how I'm doing that procedure.

The first image option is where I put a smaller scaled down size of the main product image. Maybe 200x200 with a lower resolution. It'll hopefully come in at 3-4 kb.

Then in the next "larger" image upload I put the same image but larger in scale, maybe 500x500 in a decent enough resolution to look good on the screen but not so much as to grow the file size. Hopefully around the 20-30 kb range.

Then every "larger" image thereafter, if I use it, is a as just above (500x500,etc, etc) of different product image pics that may be good to show.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.