Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khoking

Box with Random Guestbook Text for Guestbook for osC(MS2) v1.0

I use Guestbook as my customer's testimonial as I like the simple design of it.

I want to create an infobox on my OSC store front page to display random guestbook entry in it. I have successfully pulled the info from the database, but I can't seems to get the guestbook text to display.

Below is my guestbook.php file in my INCLUDES/BOXES/ folder. I am a complete PHP idiot, so really hope someone can give some light / correction on my file below.

<?php
/*
Guestbook Box
*/
?>
<?php
 $random_guestbook =  tep_random_select("select g.entry_id, gd.entry_text as guestbook_text, g.entry_rating, g.date_added, g.visitors_name, g.visitors_location from " . TABLE_GUESTBOOK . " g, " . TABLE_GUESTBOOK_DESCRIPTION . " gd where g.entry_id = gd.entry_id and gd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and g.entry_status = '1' ORDER BY rand() LIMIT 1")
?>
	  <tr>
	    <td>
<?php
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							 'text'  => BOX_HEADING_GUESTBOOK
						    );
   new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_GUESTBOOK, '', 'NONSSL'));
   $guestbooktext = substr($guestbook_description[entry_text], 0, 100);
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GUESTBOOK, tep_get_all_get_params(array('language', 'currency')) .'&entry_id=' . $random_guestbook['entry_id']) . '"><b><center>' . $guestbooktext . '</center></b><br><b>Read More</b></a><br><br><table align="right" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr align="right"><td align="right" class="infoBoxContents">' .  '<b>'.$random_guestbook['visitors_name'].'     </b></td></tr></table>'
							 );
   new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
	    </td>
	  </tr>

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Did you add an include for this file in your includes/column_left.php?

You're using the array value $guestbook_description[entry_text] which is never defined. Also, the syntax is wrong, and you're trying to retrieve the wrong value. Try $random_guestbook['guestbook_text'] instead.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much!

$random_guestbook['guestbook_text'] did pulled the correct data from the database! Thanks!!!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Dear Jim,

In my customer's feedback. When there is an ' symbol in the text, eg. I'm, it will show as I\'m in the guestbook page. Do you know how to get rid of the \ ?

eg

Why don\'t have Canon 430EX II Speedlite? I\'m considering to order 1... Reply: Yes, we have. You can use the search feature at the upper left column and key in 430EX, then you will find the product.

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Use this: stripslashes( $random_guestbook['guestbook_text'] )

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.