• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Add "onsubmit" in Product_info.php

daipayan

Hello,

I am new to PHP as well as Oscommerce.

I have the following problem in product_info.php

Here I want to validate the product attribute selection before submitting to Shopping Cart.

I had inserted the validation in template_top.php i.e.

<script language="javascript"><!--
function validate(cart_quantity) {
<?php
$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");
 while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
?>
if (cart_quantity.elements['id[<?php echo (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id']; ?>]'].value == -999) {
 alert('Sie müssen die Optionen für Ihr Produkt wählen: <?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name']; ?>');
 cart_quantity.elements['id[<?php echo (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id']; ?>]'].focus();
 return false;
}
<?php
}
?>
}
//--></script>

Now, to validate this above code, I need to insert

'onsubmit="return validate(this);"'

in

echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'));

of product_info.php page, but failed to do that.

Please help me.

Link for my website is http://shop.christian-grig.de/product_info.php/day-acuvue-p-67

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards,

Daipayan

This tester

<?php
require('includes/application_top.php');
?>

<script>
function validate(){
alert("Daipayan's javascript");
}
</script>

<?php
echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'onsubmit="validate()"');
?>
<button>Submit</button>
</form>

works all right for me from my

public_html/catalog

though it doesn't return anything, just displays an alert.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

I am using version 2.3 where I am unable to input the code as you said so, need something to insert the small piece of code by somehow!

I want to display the alert only, need nothing else.

This tester

<?php
require('includes/application_top.php');
?>

<script>
function validate(){
alert("Daipayan's javascript");
}
</script>

<?php
echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'onsubmit="validate()"');
?>
<button>Submit</button>
</form>

works all right for me from my

public_html/catalog

though it doesn't return anything, just displays an alert.

There is. most likely, an addon that already does this so you should check that before reinventing the wheel. For example, if you want to make it so your customers have to pick an attribute, there is the must select addon. Or if you are concerned about the quantity available of the attributes, there is the QTPro addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived