• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to Close Store due to funeral

zefeena

Hello,

apologies for re-posting here. I did post to the dedicated thread ages ago, but I think no-one looks at that anymore. It wasn't so pressing then, but last Thursday my father died rather unexpectedly and so I need to be able to close my store for a few days for the funeral which is on the 11th. Thus far I have continued to work, namely as I need to occupy my mind, but i'm making an awful lot of cock-ups so if I can shut down a few days I think it would probably be a good idea.

My previous post is here. Any help would be really appreciated. I couldn't work it out before, and with my head in bits I've no chance of sorting it now

Hi, I used the previous store mode on my old site without problem. I installed this on the v2.3.3.1 and it doesn't seem to work. Everything looks okay, and all the signs show up, but it still allows check-out. I figured i'd dones something wrong, so just gone through the whole install again, but get an error when I run the SQL, maybe because I have done it before. Can anyone help - I need to be able to shut down at Christmas!!

Error

SQL query:

# NEW RECORDS FOR: STORE MODE ADDON

# THE CONFIGURATION GROUP SORT ORDER MAY BE CHANGED

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES ( 1501, 'Store Mode', 'Open, Closed, or Maintenance Mode', '30', '1' ) ;

MySQL said: #1062 - Duplicate entry '1501' for key 'PRIMARY'

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

You can only run the SQL once. The error you are seeing means that it ran correctly the first time.

You have probably missed one of the steps in the installation. Take a look at catalog/checkout_shipping.php and verify that the code has been installed. Also check your Admin settings to make sure you have disallowed checkout.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Kellie,

If you use the paypal express module as payment option may be better just to disable for a few days as he may override the settings not sure just a maybe.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi, Thank you for your responses. Yes I did wonder about the paypal express module. Maybe I have done it right and its not compatible with that. I'll check the catalog/checkout_shipping.php as advised and I know it was disabled in admin, the little message showed up to say the site was closed, but someone still managed to checkout! At that point I took off all the payment methods, but then people still emailed me as it went to check out and just showed no available payment methods. It still may have been something I have done, but if anyone has this installed with paypal express and have found it works fine, then please let me know so I know its my error and not the code!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

This does seem to be a paypal express problem. If you click on the 'normal' checkout button it loops and does NOT allow check out, however, if you press the paypal express button it goes off to paypal quite happily! I think that I will have to disable the payment options in order to shut down. I am also going to look for the message that says 'No payment options available' or something like that, when you take the options off, and change it to 'This store is temporarily closed, so you can not pay for your order until we re-open'. if any one knows where the text is, please let me know, as it may take me a while to find it!

The paypal express button resides outside the usual checkout process, on shopping_cart.php, so you need to remove that button when you turn off the checkout. I am unfamiliar with the addon you are using.

Easiest way is to amend paypal_express.php

In the

function checkout_initialization_method() {

add

if (STORE_CLOSED) return null;

before

$string = '<a href="' .....

You will need to change "STORE_CLOSED" to whatever the add_on uses to signify that the checkout is closed.

Archived