recantha

Shipping help for a beginner

Hi.

I'm just getting started with OSCommerce. I need to set it up so that if you're in mainland UK you get charged zero shipping, but if you're anywhere else in the World you get charged £5.

Could someone give me some pointers to get started?

Many thanks,

--

Mike Horne

and that is independent of weight or number of items or price ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Mike

You can set up a zones shipping charge but will need to install a rest of the world (ROW) add-on.

You can find this in the add-on section of the this web site.

HTH

G

@@recantha

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

To be fair, if he just needs 2 rates independent of weight, or price and no free shipping, you might as well custom code it, installing a module to me sounds like overkill

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Zones is a defalt module

If I remember correctly the ROW add-on is about a 2 line insert.

Custom coding s not an option for most people.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Pleasure

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

UPSXML Rates Error: 111286: Ontario is not a valid state for the specified shipment. experienced by customer with id 1769 on 2013-09-19 20:28:22

Out of the blue we started getting this message from Oscommerce. We've checked the shipping modules, everything looks good - we talked with UPS and they are able to submitt an order for London, Ontario Canada but our internation has decided its not happy.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am also new to this and have just got my head around amending the pricing structure to fit in with Royal Mail's new pricing system but have found that I am missing 'Zones' in the 'International section' both in the 'Zones' and 'International signed' for sections and I need to know how to add these or do I need a completely new add on/system? I should add that another person is preparing the upgrade of OScommerce and so I am having to learn stuff that is completely alien to me and I am terrified of changing anything in case I lose everything:( Any advice welcome as I have no idea what to do and having seen suggestions for others, no idea how to implement them when I do find them!

You set up Zones in your shop admin

Locations / Taxes
Countries
Zones
Tax Classes
Tax Rates

Then you add countries to the zone.

Once that is set up you can change various "charges" so they only apply to deliveries to addresses in those "zones".

Shipping in one of those charges.

You can also use zones to restrict who sees payment methods, i.e. only display "Cash on Delivery" to customers living in London.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.