Latest News: (loading..)
imageanative

canada.post.rest.rate.service.oscommerce.V2.3

On 2018-01-19 at 8:32 AM, luvubeauty said:

I am having issues with the Small Packet Air showing up in the shipping quotes when someone goes to checkout.  I do have insurance turned off and CP tech support is useless, so here I am.  I saw that there were the same issues, but I tried the suggested and still didn't work.  Any other suggestions? 

Why not just “dis-allow” the service in the modules configuration?

(side note: I believe the insurance issue was related to the Tracked Package service)

On 1/21/2018 at 8:05 AM, greasemonkey said:

Why not just “dis-allow” the service in the modules configuration?

(side note: I believe the insurance issue was related to the Tracked Package service)

The small packet is extremely cheaper than tracked package and am positive I am loosing sales because the shipping to the US is so high (tracked package is $25 and small packet is $9).  When it is calling for quotes, it just isn't returning a quote for Small Packet, all other options are available.

@luvubeauty just so I understand.... Small Packet is “not” showing up? And you have it allowed in the config?

Can you tell me the weight of one of you items? Small Packet Air (and tracked package) has a max of 1 kg. 

51 minutes ago, luvubeauty said:

Yes, correct.  I have the weight all under 1kg, I tried with a few different items (individually) and each weigh under a lbs.  

in includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php

Find

return $xmlRequest;

And just above "as a test" add

echo $weight;

What is the weight printed to the screen?

It's showing as 1.364  Not sure why because I have the weight at zero, then I changed it to .1 and it is still showing the same.  Sooo...somewhere down the line it isn't allowing for the weight change?

However, it is set for lbs, not kg so it still should be ok? It does change the weight when I go higher, just not lower and it does convert when I change it to KG instead of LBS

36 minutes ago, luvubeauty said:

It's showing as 1.364  Not sure why because I have the weight at zero, then I changed it to .1 and it is still showing the same.  Sooo...somewhere down the line it isn't allowing for the weight change?

Yes, small packet air will not show with a weight of 1.364....  (has a max of 1.0 kg - see below note about lbs/kg)

Double check in your admin -> Configurations -> Shipping/Packaging -> Package Tare Weight.... Should be blank or 0.

36 minutes ago, luvubeauty said:

However, it is set for lbs, not kg so it still should be ok? It does change the weight when I go higher, just not lower and it does convert when I change it to KG instead of LBS

If I recall the lbs/kg config in the current version did not work (and cannot work - as Canada Post only accepts kg... so no matter the number sent CP see's it as kg).

I had been working on a new version to fix a bunch of other bugs where I have removed lbs as an option.

Please confirm (once you have checked the tare weight): edit one product from your store to a weight of 1 - then add that same item to your cart (so it is the only item in your cart) and navigate to checkout_shipping.php.

What number shows when you "echo" the weight (still 1.364)?

Triple check by changing config in shipping module from lbs to kg.

You are amazing!  All options have come up! 
Weight showed up as 0.45, which would be the conversion to KG from lbs (I have it as 0.10 in the product page).

Is there a way to have the cheapest option on top?

On 7/5/2014 at 6:24 AM, RS Designs said:

Hello,

I am also getting the same error as "simple190"

It is happening in the checkout when try to show sipping options.

Also is there any way to make it print out the error code it is getting?

I am running this on Version: 2.3.3.4

Thanks,

I can fix it