• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Customer Checkout an inactive product.

veego

Hi Everyone,

I have a rare case want to question here and looking for answer.

I have a store base on 2.3.1 upgraded to 2.3.3.1 and since I still developing the store. So the store has real products but insufficient stock. And some of the item I have been set to inactive to (which means it won't be show up in the store).

Admin -> Configuration -> Stock as below

check stock level true

subtract stock true

allow checkout false

The case is that I just received a email notification that there a new customer add in my store and make an order and checkout a product that is already been set to inactive and has a stock level = 0 long ago.

Also i received payment confirmation email from paypal

Base on above, I believed my new customer do checkout and paid via paypal my inactive product.

How is this happening???! A hacking?!

I first checked my live store, I couldn't even find this item (been inactived). And my checkout process is good (i alway test checkout an out of stock item to see if it still disallow).

1) How can he browser my inactived product (bookmark?? NO!!)

2) How can he checkout my inactived product when i set to inactived and set to allow checkout = falso and the stock level of this item = 0 pcs.

Please testing

1) Site https://www.veegostore.com (I hope oscommerce manager won't suspend me to show up my store)

2) Inactived product key word: 007 Mobile power

I try a test case to google my product keyword and it does show a direct link to my site product_info.php but since I already inactive the product, My site wil show up "Product not found!".

OROR is the checkout system fail to display different item and price and item number etc...? But I been develop my site over a very long long time and may test, never see this case.

Please genius help!!!

Veego

Hi Everyone,

I have a rare case want to question here and looking for answer.

I have a store base on 2.3.1 upgraded to 2.3.3.1 and since I still developing the store. So the store has real products but insufficient stock. And some of the item I have been set to inactive to (which means it won't be show up in the store).

Admin -> Configuration -> Stock as below

check stock level true

subtract stock true

allow checkout false

The case is that I just received a email notification that there a new customer add in my store and make an order and checkout a product that is already been set to inactive and has a stock level = 0 long ago.

Also i received payment confirmation email from paypal

Base on above, I believed my new customer do checkout and paid via paypal my inactive product.

How is this happening???! A hacking?!

I first checked my live store, I couldn't even find this item (been inactived). And my checkout process is good (i alway test checkout an out of stock item to see if it still disallow).

1) How can he browser my inactived product (bookmark?? NO!!)

2) How can he checkout my inactived product when i set to inactived and set to allow checkout = falso and the stock level of this item = 0 pcs.

Please testing

1) Site https://www.veegostore.com (I hope oscommerce manager won't suspend me to show up my store)

2) Inactived product key word: 007 Mobile power

I try a test case to google my product keyword and it does show a direct link to my site product_info.php but since I already inactive the product, My site wil show up "Product not found!".

OROR is the checkout system fail to display different item and price and item number etc...? But I been develop my site over a very long long time and may test, never see this case.

Please genius help!!!

Veego

My question come from what i saw this product's status been set to inactive after received a order notification.

The fact is that I check my 100% backup live store and this product was actually been active.

But the stock level is 1pcs before this order.

Maybe the system received an order, subtract the amount from order and detect the stock level is 0, then osc automatically set my product to inactive.

Veego

• 1 month later...

If you have one item in stock, sell that item, oscommerce will set the product to inactive using your settings because you now have a stock quantity of zero, so its working as it should.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived